Lich's mastery bugged [Fixed in 3.1 Hotfix]

Options
2»

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. The 3.1 hotfix just went live, and both Lich's Mastery and Gideon's Intervention should now be fixed.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. The 3.1 hotfix just went live, and both Lich's Mastery and Gideon's Intervention should now be fixed.
    Thank  you.
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    It isn't. I just had a Darigaaz hit me while I had LM on the board. Greg had a Cartouche of Ambition, Underhanded Designs, and a Darigaaz rebirth support out and no creatures. On his turn the rebirth activated and brought Darigaaz back who then proceeded to hit me for 10 damage while my LM was still out with 4 shields. I also had a TSN and Mistcaller out.
  • ElimGarak
    ElimGarak Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    In TotP just yet Greg had a LM out which was bounced back to his hand by my Rivers Rebuke. The Prevent Damage state however prevailed ... never went away. I stalled until this happened again, same sad thing ... had to quit
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @Brigby , @Tombstone New bug on this card.

I had one Lich's Mastery in the battlefield working prrfect with 5 shields. Then I started to received damage by Nahiri creatures. No support or spell that prevent Lich's Mastery effect.

I think that it was due to another Lich's Mastery that had been descarted from my hand by my own Lich's Mastery (the one with 5 shields that was not preventing damage to me) side effect.
  • jogamundo
    jogamundo Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i also had an incident with Lich's Mastery.

The AI played 2 Lich's Mastery.
    I destroyed 1 of the LM, which the AI took the 30 dmg and then also combat damage from my attack.
    with the other LM still on the field with a full 5 shields.

i was then able to simply attack the following turn for the win.

So basically if you manage to kill at least 1 Lich's Mastery, you can get around the damage prevention of any additional LM's.

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for the reports. I'll pass this information along. 
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jogamundo said:
    i also had an incident with Lich's Mastery.

The AI played 2 Lich's Mastery.
    I destroyed 1 of the LM, which the AI took the 30 dmg and then also combat damage from my attack.
    with the other LM still on the field with a full 5 shields.

i was then able to simply attack the following turn for the win.

So basically if you manage to kill at least 1 Lich's Mastery, you can get around the damage prevention of any additional LM's.

I have experienced this both before and after the recent patch.  The first Lich's Mastery usually works properly but when you put out a second one, it often (but not always) does absolutely nothing.  Won't save you from the 30 points from the first one dying, won't stop future damage either.

Makes you discard extra though!

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. If you have encountered a new bug(s) with Lich's Mastery, or any card for that matter, then please create a separate discussion thread so everything is organized and easily trackable. Thank you!