Fix Needed: Okoye's Spear Blocks Tiles (Steam Version Only) [Investigating]

babinrobabinro Posts: 726 Critical Contributor

As the Image shows Okoye's spear heavily obscures the bottom row when she is upfront and it is on your turn.   This is so bad that the second and third left most tiles are difficult to make out the colours on.   More importantly, if they were special tiles like strikes, protects, cooldowns etc...its entirely possible you couldn't see this information at all and that becomes a BIG problem when it comes to strategic decisions. 

This causes very real gameplay problems on Steam (I cannot confirm whether or not this is a mobile issue) and it really needs to be addressed as soon as possible.  

If someone can confirm whether or not this is a problem on mobile I'd appreciate it.

Note: I've been told you can mouse over tiles to discover what they are...but it goes without saying that this is both time consuming and inconvenient.  The game is about speed and a graphical spear blocking the board for aesthetic reasons is not a compelling enough reason to inconvenience the player in this way.

//Edited Title -Brigby
formu_21.jpg

Comments

• Shintok17Shintok17 Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Another reason why I play the mobile version. Steam version gets the shaft once more.
  • skittledaddyskittledaddy Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    edited May 17
    That would SUCK!

While I don't have her, I assume this is not an issue on mobile-versions, since mobile has the character graphics ABOVE the tile board, not to the sides.
    Free-to-Play Only

In-Game Handle: Avengers1star
    Roster: https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Avengers1Star/
  • DormammuDormammu Posts: 2,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, this is not a problem on mobile.
  • babinrobabinro Posts: 726 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu said:
    Yeah, this is not a problem on mobile.
    Thank you.

Oddly enough..when its your opponents turn the screen is shifted down to see the board clearly.  At least that's what I've seen through screen shots (I don't personally have Okoye yet as I'm getting this info from LINE).   So all the devs need to do is ensure her spear remains below the board on your turn as well. 

Below is the screenshot while on the AI's turn

Perfectly acceptable fix.
    formu_21.jpg
  • BrigbyBrigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,423 Site Admin
    Oh dear. Thanks for the heads up! I'll pass that along to the team
    D3 Go! Community Manager
    -------------
    You are more than welcome to message me, if you require any assistance, however please note that due to the sheer volume of messages I receive, I may not be able to respond back immediately. Thank you for your patience!
    -------------
    My MPQ Roster (Last updated: 4/10/18)
  • therightwayetherightwaye Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    THIS. IS. AMAZING.
    therightwaye
    player
    ---
    Roster: https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/therightwaye/
    (updated with every 5 star.png drawn)
  • Moon RoachMoon Roach Posts: 2,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's another piece of evidence that no testing is done on Steam, ever.

Is this the right room for an argument?

• marshallmarshall Age Unconfirmed Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Heh, that's weird. But that art tho...! Great work.
  • jameshjamesh Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    Shintok17 said:
    Another reason why I play the mobile version. Steam version gets the shaft once more.
    The problem is clearly with the tip of the spear: not the shaft :smiley:
  • beyonderbubbeyonderbub Posts: 537 Critical Contributor
    jamesh said:
    Shintok17 said:
    The problem is clearly with the tip of the spear: not the shaft :smiley:
    Just the tip? I think she’s gripping the shaft and tilting ever so slightly at an angle not to block your view of the gems