2.7 Release Notes *Updated (5/23/18)

Options

Comments

• khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What will happen when a creature bounced by ''Spiraling Time" enters the battlefield again?Technically it's cost would be increased so a creature with 10 Mana would cost 15. Can Teferi bounce it again?

• Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    khurram said:
    What will happen when a creature bounced by ''Spiraling Time" enters the battlefield again?Technically it's cost would be increased so a creature with 10 Mana would cost 15. Can Teferi bounce it again?

That's a good question. I wonder how the ability will interact with creatures whose cost has been increased by other factors (Harbinger of the Tides, Sphinx's Tutelage, etc).

Will it bounce based on the creatures initial cost or current?
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Most current things have kept their price changes when moving through zones. Some of the weird things from this happen from Jace1 and Aftermath spells or supports, you can see the price changed on the 2nd side...
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    Most current things have kept their price changes when moving through zones. Some of the weird things from this happen from Jace1 and Aftermath spells or supports, you can see the price changed on the 2nd side...
    The reason here is simple: there are no specific rules or implementation to separate a card's BASE converted mana cost and "CURRENT" mana cost. Or in other words, every card (e.g. Hixus, Gaea's Revenge, Exquisite Firecraft etc.) can have multiple card instances (each actual individual card).
    Normally the only zone where the cost of the card instance should matter is in the player's hand. I know some might find the library to be another exception... which I think is a stretch and tends to lead to overcomplicated things. KISS (Keep it simple, stupid)!
    But this being said, a card instance's cost should always match its card's cost in graveyard, exile, battlefield, library or even on a hypothetical stack (that I am not sure exists at all in terms of MTGPQ, but we could extrapolate on this topic in a separate context).

An alternative to this of course is to distinguish properly between the card's cost and the card instance's cost. Difference which of course right now does not exist in MTGPQ terminology.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MADAFAKA said:
    @Brigby what about runes? A big update coming up and no mention of runes/pws leveling after the all community outcry ?

Look, the walker leveling curve has been the same since the game came out.  I'd say the odds of it changing are pretty close to 0.

As for rune collection, they may have increased how many runes you get per match in the new events (or the progression rewards) but we won't know until we play them.  A change to TG and already-existing events will probably take longer
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So what's up with L1's Grave Mist ability that needed fixing? I've never seen it malfunction.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    jtwood said:
    So what's up with L1's Grave Mist ability that needed fixing? I've never seen it malfunction.
    It used to be where the activated gems didn't work after you used another of her abilities (same happened to Jace 1's ultimate).  I thought it was fixed ages ago, but I guess it came back (seems to happen a lot with old bugs)
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's also had a spotty history of periodically crashing the game along with Jace1's ultimate.
  • ayuready7
    ayuready7 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    How can I know if the card is a Legendary cards or not?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited May 2018
    Options
    ayuready7 said:
    It would have the following icon, if it's a Legendary card:

• khurram
    Options
    Will the cards from previous sets also be given the legendary status?
  • jtwood
    Options
    I was wondering that earlier. They can retroactively change types for legends and artifacts. 
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Aeroplane said:
    Nerfing PW doesn't matter as Greg never uses the 3rd ability anyways. Teferi is a weaker 1st ability of Bolas and his second ability is on par with being a great one , but grammatically wrong with 1 extra swap(s).

I strongly have to disagree with this sentiment. Winning games is way too easy as it is right now since the AI completely lacks the "I" and is stupid as a brick. Giving us another tool of mindless destruction via endless looping is again just degrading the amount of thinking we have to do in order to play the game, and is also making deck building – its core – completely trivial.

Where is the suspense in a change that will automatize your wins? The argument "AI wont use it" affects my fun in gameplay even more. It is unfair advantage and will be exploited. I too can only emphasize the idea of degrading the ult in order to make it actually interesting.
  • khurram
    Options
    Again... I'd ask players to actually wait and see how Jaya's ult would work before going overboard with the nerf cries.

• Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    khurram said:
    Again... I'd ask players to actually wait and see how Jaya's ult would work before going overboard with the nerf cries.

Agreed. I can't say I find her card ridiculously overpowered. I have yet to find a clone HUF being that more relevant. I have yet to see other game-winning spells in red only that would work like crazy in copies of 2 with Jaya. 
  • Mburn7
    Options
    khurram said:

I agree, especially since Jaya is mono-red.  Red doesn't have that many spells worth copying, since the big creature damagers only really need to be cast once or twice and the rest are fairly small anyway.  Multiple HUFs won't do much, you're really only getting an extra spell or 2 because of how the hand setup works.  Multiple Inferno Jets will be annoying, but not really op.
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Aeroplane said:
    Nerfing PW doesn't matter as Greg never uses the 3rd ability anyways. Teferi is a weaker 1st ability of Bolas and his second ability is on par with being a great one , but grammatically wrong with 1 extra swap(s).

I strongly have to disagree with this sentiment. Winning games is way too easy as it is right now since the AI completely lacks the "I" and is stupid as a brick. Giving us another tool of mindless destruction via endless looping is again just degrading the amount of thinking we have to do in order to play the game, and is also making deck building – its core – completely trivial.

Where is the suspense in a change that will automatize your wins? The argument "AI wont use it" affects my fun in gameplay even more. It is unfair advantage and will be exploited. I too can only emphasize the idea of degrading the ult in order to make it actually interesting.
    Actually , I agree with you as I was stating the lack of use of the 3rd ability by the AI makes it too easy for the player so any nerfing of the PW wouldn't change the difficulty anyways. The AI will always be handcuffed 95% of he time with the odd mad cascade and being bricked to counter the onslaught. The game would be more interesting with a 60-75% win rate for the top scores. Objectives that force you to use certain cards(summon only merfolk,pirates..use only HOD cards not negative objectives like take 30 or more damage or have 40 or less hp remaining. This would encourage more unique deck building.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    ayuready7 said:
    It would have the following icon, if it's a Legendary card:

Will this icon and adjustment be made to existing legendary cards?
  • jtwood
    Options
    Aeroplane said:

The game would be more interesting with a 60-75% win rate for the top scores.
    I can't upvote this one enough
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If, at least for some events, they made the AI a lot smarter, that would be great.