May 2018 Q&A with Demiurge_Will

Comments

• Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    @Colognoisseur even if they don't respond I would actually prefer it if you did keep it going. Cuz it's more concise an area to look at and even if they don't directly respond they have one complete list or so to glance at as they move through their own processes
  • palenoue
    palenoue Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Dear Devs,

Would you, could you, if you please, ponder changes to the music in MPQ?
    Procedural would be nice, event-triggered as well, both would bring pleasure to our gaming ears.
    We're not asking for the demise of PvP, UI nor bug hunting.  Nothing should die that so this dream live.
    Just a thought, consideration or wistful daydream of what happiness might happen
    should the score match the screen.

What can we do, as fans who hit mute, to bring about music the embiggins the soul?
    Should we protest, revolt, deface monuments with graffiti for you to lend us a moment of thought?
    A poll, maybe a little more, would show if there are enough gamers so melodiously inclined.
    But what then, some will ask.  Resources are scarce, to feed the Euterpe one must starve Clio.
    Kickstarter, Indiegogo, crowdsourcing could fund our desires, Patreon may yet support your melodist.

How to add the code and make it fit is concern for a later date.  For today the question is:
    What can we players do to make this game dance?
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Is there something down the road to where you can have certain characters Passive powers as Supports? For instance, The Hood’s Blue Passive as a Support for villains only? Or Loki’s for Asgard related characters? Or Rocket & Groot’s Welcome to the Team for all GotG characters?
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    jtmagee said:
    Is there something down the road to where you can have certain characters Passive powers as Supports? For instance, The Hood’s Blue Passive as a Support for villains only? Or Loki’s for Asgard related characters? Or Rocket & Groot’s Welcome to the Team for all GotG characters?

Or even as teamups.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    palenoue said:
    Dear Devs,

Procedural would be nice, event-triggered as well, both would bring pleasure to our gaming ears.
    We're not asking for the demise of PvP, UI nor bug hunting.  Nothing should die that so this dream live.
    Just a thought, consideration or wistful daydream of what happiness might happen

What can we do, as fans who hit mute, to bring about music the embiggins the soul?
    Should we protest, revolt, deface monuments with graffiti for you to lend us a moment of thought?
    A poll, maybe a little more, would show if there are enough gamers so melodiously inclined.
    But what then, some will ask.  Resources are scarce, to feed the Euterpe one must starve Clio.
    Kickstarter, Indiegogo, crowdsourcing could fund our desires, Patreon may yet support your melodist.

How to add the code and make it fit is concern for a later date.  For today the question is:
    I know it’s probably impossible, but I’d love music from the films in the games, appropriate to the PvE events etc. Avengers there and so on.

Probably too expensive but... that would be great when battling.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doc L said:
    palenoue said:
    Dear Devs,

I know it’s probably impossible, but I’d love music from the films in the games, appropriate to the PvE events etc. Avengers there and so on.

Probably too expensive but... that would be great when battling.
    Replace the in-game music with variations on the Avengers theme, and I will turn the music back on. That theme always gives me chills.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    @Colognoisseur - Just a note re: roster slots. It should (or rather, could possibly be useful for whatever 'Red' reads this') to add that it's really just in reference to starting slot costs.

I doubt most players entrenched in 4* or 5* land, or the majority of forum players really care about roster costs on any main account. Paying 1000HP for slot #125 is fine.

It's really just starting costs. With over 150 playable characters, needing 400hp by the time you need to purchase #14-16 (in a bundle, iirc), then 350+ from #29 onwards for one slot, is just unrealistic these days. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lystrata said:
    @Colognoisseur - Just a note re: roster slots. It should (or rather, could possibly be useful for whatever 'Red' reads this') to add that it's really just in reference to starting slot costs.

I doubt most players entrenched in 4* or 5* land, or the majority of forum players really care about roster costs on any main account. Paying 1000HP for slot #125 is fine.

It's really just starting costs. With over 150 playable characters, needing 400hp by the time you need to purchase #14-16 (in a bundle, iirc), then 350+ from #29 onwards for one slot, is just unrealistic these days. 
    Don't forget 4-5 guys need slots for the 3* dupes - and costs go Up to 2000 from 300 onwards.
    We'll be there, eventually.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    Lystrata said:

Don't forget 4-5 guys need slots for the 3* dupes - and costs go Up to 2000 from 300 onwards.
    Funny, I still don’t remember getting official confirmation regarding the unannounced price increase.  Suppose that’s another instance of the forum being too toxic to confirm things like pricing, eh?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Lystrata said:

Funny, I still don’t remember getting official confirmation regarding the unannounced price increase.  Suppose that’s another instance of the forum being too toxic to confirm things like pricing, eh?
    "There's 3 people who are over 300 slots now. Think we'll get away with this?".
    "Of course, 99% will quit before they get there. Roll it out."
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    I think the slots increase was mentioned when a new patch had that introduced. And it has been the same as when it was increased (except for the roster slot sale they had) 1000hp until 300 and 2000hp for 301-600
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lystrata said:

The hp pricing for slots isn't bad at all.  The assumption behind the pricing was that you: 
    1.  Recruit all 1*, 
    2.  Recruit all 2* before working on your 3*.
    3.  Sell your 1* to make space for 3*.
    4.  Don't even bother rostering a 4* unless you have at least 1/2 the 3* tier champed

Which is how most year 1-3 players grew their rosters.

Now you can skip most of the 1*, 2* tier to go straight for 3*/4* chances.  

i.e.  The original ramp in hp costs was based on a much longer and slower roster transition.  
    overall this really isn't a big deal because long term Iso crunch is the much bigger bottle neck that hp.

My advice is slow your pace if your feel hp constrained or figure out a new equillbrium that you can manage.  Use that time to figure out how your gonna farm all the iso you need to level the 3*/4*.

• Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I don’t expect a change to roster slot prices.  They are (or at least used to be) a major reason for purchasing HP for early players.  I would support changing prices to 1000 for slots 300+, but today that only affects whales who can afford it.

My questions:

When will Gambit get nerfed?  I know it’s been asked repeatedly, but I haven’t seen a recent comment.  He’s head and shoulders better than any other 5*.  I have 6 champed 5* now, but no Gambit, and PVP is terrible for people in my situation.  It’s harder to get 575 than it was to get 900 a year ago.

Will we be getting more 4->5 feeders?  These are great and have helped me champ multiple 5’s, so the more the better!  Maybe if a Rogue->Gambit feeder is added I’ll be able to play PVP again. ;)
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Last season we had two feeders. This season we have already had one, the season is only started. I think some of us are just too impatient and hard on the devs
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Why was the release order changed for Okoye to be a 5*?
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    If the 445 release schedule is changed, can players be told way in advance? 
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Straycat said:
    I assume it's because they wanted her to be a 5* and they wanted her release to coincide with Black Panther being released on Blu Ray (at least in certain parts of the world)
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Steve111 said:
    If the 445 release schedule is changed, can players be told way in advance? 
    We never get advance warning about anything.  Also we don’t get really get many answers at all so...  Like this thread(s) that now have gone over a month without any responses.  It was random stroke of luck we got some answers at all, but it’s more of the same from the devs.  
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Straycat said:
    I assume it's because they wanted her to be a 5* and they wanted her release to coincide with Black Panther being released on Blu Ray (at least in certain parts of the world)

Or they wanted Iron Spiderman to be a fourstar and didn't want to do Three consecutive fourstar releases. Plenty of possibilities.