MtGPQ Sneak Peek: May 2018 Edition *Updated (5/25/18)

Comments

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gabrosin said:
    Brigby, can we get confirmation that this weekend's Bo4T event is going to use the current Standard (AKH forward)?  I sincerely hope that you're not planning to push the DOM update out and change AKH's availability the day before the event (or worse, sometime in the middle of it).  Thanks!

I’m 99.999% certain tney will give us some heads up. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Gabrosin said:
    Brigby, can we get confirmation that this weekend's Bo4T event is going to use the current Standard (AKH forward)?  I sincerely hope that you're not planning to push the DOM update out and change AKH's availability the day before the event (or worse, sometime in the middle of it).  Thanks!

I don't believe the update will be released this week, so yes, this weekend's BoFT will still use the current Standard that includes AKH.
  • Brigby
    (5/17/18) *Updated image overviews, Single Player events, Multiplayer events, and added details about Teferi and Jaya Ballard.
  • bk1234
    Brigby said:
    (5/17/18) *Updated image overviews, Single Player events, Multiplayer events, and added details about Teferi and Jaya Ballard.
    Does this mean they are both dropping next week???
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    bken1234 said:
    Brigby said:
    In the pre-release notes it says Teferi will be available at launch (doesn't say of for cash only or vault immediately) and Jaya will come at a later date.
  • bk1234
    Rhasget said:
    bken1234 said:
    Brigby said:
    In the pre-release notes it says Teferi will be available at launch (doesn't say of for cash only or vault immediately) and Jaya will come at a later date.
    Thanks @Rhasget !!
  • joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    rafalele said:
    I think that 5 nodes with one charge every 8 hours, starting with one charge, is not too much for a monday to wednesday event.
    I disagree. For me five nodes are a nightmare no matter what the event may be.
  • BigSwifty
    BigSwifty Posts: 98 Match Maker

Current walkers rotate out the 23rd, maybe Dom launches Thursday?

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    BigSwifty said:

If history proves correct, Tuesday is oktagon's usual release day. If you're hoping for New PW, they sadly won't be released in the vault for a few more weeks. They always put them up for sale first. 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gunmix25 said:
    BigSwifty said:

If history proves correct, Tuesday is oktagon's usual release day. If you're hoping for New PW, they sadly won't be released in the vault for a few more weeks. They always put them up for sale first. 
    It's Tuesday - boy, I'm excited and hope you're correct.
    But.
    If history taught us one thing: releases come with bugs. The first time an event is run, it comes with bugs. This weekend is going to be interesting : I hope there'll be devs available
  • Parasith
    Parasith Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Tuesday is gone. Maybe the update comes today after Karn rotates out? 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gunmix25 said:
    BigSwifty said:

It's Tuesday - boy, I'm excited and hope you're correct.
    But.
    If history taught us one thing: releases come with bugs. The first time an event is run, it comes with bugs. This weekend is going to be interesting : I hope there'll be devs available
    Well they broke the normal routine,  so it's anyone's guess now.  Hoping today during the lull of larger events.  I fully expect bugs to occur,  and not just a few. This is a big set and likely are making last minute adjustments that will probably trigger a bug due to lack of testing said adjustment.  But I could just be a little too pessimistic and should give them some good faith that they can release this with only a few issues. 

That said, you're right... this weekend is going to be very interesting with all the expected issues... including bugs in the event.  
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Eh. We liked the new Tuesday releases because it wasn’t uncommon for the new content to drop on Thursday, then the bugged event started Friday and the devs were gone for the weekend. 

However, it’s clear that D3GO finds value having the players beta test the game for free. Heck, some of us even paid them for the privilege. 
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    I really don't know what's worse... Having to delay a release for a day or two and explain to the community (can't be more tho, cause the new event is scheduled for the weekend)... or keeping this absolute silence which looks like the devs are just hiding...

Well yeah, i know what's worse, and it's the second option...

what the hell D3..? how can you just not give us an eta for the release being so ridiculously close?? 
    You really not gonna say absolutely nothing until its released? 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Coilbox said:
    I really don't know what's worse... Having to delay a release for a day or two and explain to the community (can't be more tho, cause the new event is scheduled for the weekend)... or keeping this absolute silence which looks like the devs are just hiding...

Well yeah, i know what's worse, and it's the second option...

what the hell D3..? how can you just not give us an eta for the release being so ridiculously close?? 
    You really not gonna say absolutely nothing until its released? 
    The Eta might be in this month's Q&A..
  • Brigby
    (5/25/18) *Updated image overviews, Single Player events, and Multiplayer events.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    What the tinykitty is it with you guys running events simultaneously? Thanks bunches for the surprise Race to Orazca starting halfway through A World Reborn on a holiday weekend.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    madwren said:
    What the tinykitty is it with you guys running events simultaneously? Thanks bunches for the surprise Race to Orazca starting halfway through A World Reborn on a holiday weekend.
    Where do you see that?
  • bk1234
    madwren said:
    Where do you see that?
    Look at the update on the first post. RtO starts Sunday 
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Aha. I think I understand the confusion. @Laeuftbeidir @madwren. It looks like the events were updated yesterday. When I checked them yesterday morning, it hadn’t yet appeared. 

Bken isn’t surprised because she gets early warning from Brigby that changes are about to happen (although he’s assured me that he never says exactly what those changes are) so she can know to be available for mod duties. 

Its not some conspiracy, but I can see how other teams might think it unfair.