MtGPQ Sneak Peek: May 2018 Edition *Updated (5/25/18)

Comments

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Gunmix25 said:
    IM_CARLOS said:
    There is a different beween more events and more events at the same time.

What next akh coalition event with 4h timer + 5 node b4t? I didn't vote for more event, because it should be a game not another work. 
    To ask for more events you are going to have an overlap at some point. What do you do? I would take more events over being bored any day. And I follow rule #1: "You don't have to play every event."  Even I get burned out sometimes and take a break, but I am also aware that there are other players that crave more play time when I am tired...and vice versa.
    Except: it’s a coalition event.  Unless you want to be a jerk to your team you pretty much have to play those.

Yes it is a coalition event, and for the most part I play 99% of these. So you're saying that if I busted my tinykitty to help my coalition in various other coalition events, I don't deserve a break because I would be a jerk to my coalition for doing so? Because that is exactly what you're saying.

My coalition doesn't prescribe to belittling, shaming, calling others jerks, requiring players to play every single event and score well else be booted mentality because one of us chooses not to play that week because X, Y or Z. We do communicate our reason for not attending and in every single case we have been more than understanding. I have yet to see my coalition get snarky or kick someone out for it.  We are more of relaxed group who enjoys the game as a game and not as a secondary job. So, no.. I am not being a jerk or think of others as being one for letting their coalition members know about not attending an event because I or they chose not to play for whatever reason. Because you really don't have to play every event. If your coalition makes you, then that's what you signed up for in joining that particular group, that doesn't define other players on other teams, nor is it fair to judge them so as well.

Rule #1 about gaming: "Have fun."  This is what I tell everyone.

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    khurram said:
    Players ask for more events ... any events even.

Devs release schedule including more events than usual.

Players gear up their guns to complain some more.

Hmm, sounds about right.

Are you referring to my post? If so, please quote me where I'm asking for more events. It's not about complaining. It's about communicating with the player base and trying to find a balance for players that don't want more coalition events. I pretty much suggested several times that OPTIONAL events can be scheduled as often as players want without them having to play them. Coalition events are pretty much non optional.
  • Gunmix25
    edited May 2018
    Machine said:
     I pretty much suggested several times that OPTIONAL events can be scheduled as often as players want without them having to play them. Coalition events are pretty much non optional.
    Since when are they non-optional? That's your coalition's mandate... please  don't clump all coalitions and their respective teams into that pile.  I do understand your point though, as  I believe that most players feel "compelled" to play to help their coalitions. They do need to release more individual events, a promise that they made awhile back and i hope that they can fullfill once Dominaria releases. 

• Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Gunmix25 said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    IM_CARLOS said:
    There is a different beween more events and more events at the same time.

What next akh coalition event with 4h timer + 5 node b4t? I didn't vote for more event, because it should be a game not another work. 
    To ask for more events you are going to have an overlap at some point. What do you do? I would take more events over being bored any day. And I follow rule #1: "You don't have to play every event."  Even I get burned out sometimes and take a break, but I am also aware that there are other players that crave more play time when I am tired...and vice versa.
    Except: it’s a coalition event.  Unless you want to be a jerk to your team you pretty much have to play those.

Yes it is a coalition event, and for the most part I play 99% of these. So you're saying that if I busted my tinykitty to help my coalition in various other coalition events, I don't deserve a break because I would be a jerk to my coalition for doing so? Because that is exactly what you're saying.

My coalition doesn't prescribe to belittling, shaming, calling others jerks, requiring players to play every single event and score well else be booted mentality because one of us chooses not to play that week because X, Y or Z. We do communicate our reason for not attending and in every single case we have been more than understanding. I have yet to see my coalition get snarky or kick someone out for it.  We are more of relaxed group who enjoys the game as a game and not as a secondary job. So, no.. I am not being a jerk or think of others as being one for letting their coalition members know about not attending an event because I or they chose not to play for whatever reason. Because you really don't have to play every event. If your coalition makes you, then that's what you signed up for in joining that particular group, that doesn't define other players on other teams, nor is it fair to judge them so as well.

Rule #1 about gaming: "Have fun."  This is what I tell everyone.

I basically didn’t say anything like that. You can choose to not be sympathetic, but don’t put words in my mouth.
  • Machine
    Gunmix25 said:
    Machine said:
     I pretty much suggested several times that OPTIONAL events can be scheduled as often as players want without them having to play them. Coalition events are pretty much non optional.
    Since when are they non-optional? That's your coalition's mandate... please  don't clump all coalitions and their respective teams into that pile.  I do understand your point though, as  I believe that most players feel "compelled" to play to help their coalitions. They do need to release more individual events, a promise that they made awhile back and i hope that they can fullfill once Dominaria releases. 

We both know that being in a coalition requires you to play coalition events. And that's fine, unless there are more pressing matters in real life. What's the added value of being in a coalition and not playing the coalition events? I seriously doubt that the majority of coalitions are fine by having members constantly not playing these events.
  • Gunmix25

I didn't put any words into your mouth.

• Gunmix25
    edited May 2018
    Machine said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    Machine said:

We both know that being in a coalition requires you to play coalition events. And that's fine, unless there are more pressing matters in real life. What's the added value of being in a coalition and not playing the coalition events? I seriously doubt that the majority of coalitions are fine by having members constantly not playing these events.
    Never said the majority,  even our group has to cull the inactive player from time to time to make room for players who wish to earn some rewards via that route. But we usually don't cull until 4 to 6 weeks have passed,  depressing on how active the player was initially.  Anyways,  we do have various  players that cannot play every week, and we're okay with that. Setting it's a very minor number of inactive(s) for an event. (Again,  not the majority) while we both agree that coalition events are a team effort. I don't agree that it's forced. The only thing that does it the rules of the coalition you joined. If I joined such a group, then I am responsible for myself to meet that coalition's goal each week.  I get that,  I really do.... but like you pointed out that my group isn't the majority... And I agree.  But I highly doubt the majority of coalitions are totalitarians ....because the majority really and ultimately just wants to have fun.   hence why Players hop coalitions because they are trying to find their level of play. Some are highly aggressive and have strict guidelines... others are very active but more relaxed. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    [MOD MIC ON] We are a diverse group of players who engage in a number of ways. Let's be respectful of the fact that though we might engage in different ways,we are here because at the end of the day we like to build decks and match gems -- whether you prefer to go full steam in coalition events or not doesn't change that. Thanks! [//MOD MIC]
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    While I am excited about the extra Coalition event, these SWW issues that are currently running rampant give me pause. This weekend was absolutely brutal, and I lost a lot of points when wins turned into SWW losses. I can't level up Walkers. I can't claim free rewards. I don't want to spend hours watching spinning white circles of doom. I hope fixing this is a priority for the development team, and I would be fine with them putting this event on hold to return some stability to our game.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Luckily I avoided SWW's this event  but I think it has to do with the way these Hibernum events were coded. I say let's not run these HOU events as coalition events anymore. Probably a waste of resources to try and fix them at this point. 
  • Gunmix25
    Luckily I avoided SWW's this event  but I think it has to do with the way these Hibernum events were coded. I say let's not run these HOU events as coalition events anymore. Probably a waste of resources to try and fix them at this point. 
    You make a very good point there. I'd rather see energy being applied to something new and fresh.  
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    It has nothing to do with Hibernum events. I can't do simple things like claim the free rewards. I just lost 4800 runes trying to level up Karn unsuccessfully. Attempts to play events like "Across Ixalan" are a crapshoot, and are constantly affected by SWW errors.

There's something seriously wrong with the game's ecosystem at the moment.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Perhaps there are ripple effects to implementing these old events that screw up everything across the game. I don't remember people having all these issues before the event started running. 
  • Gunmix25
    Perhaps there are ripple effects to implementing these old events that screw up everything across the game. I don't remember people having all these issues before the event started running. 
    I remember HoD having sporadic issues regarding signing into the event when it first started; but this was rare and I believe it was attributed to iOS. Later on a bug appeared and began locking out sporadic players from accessing the lower left node. Which ultimately hit its peak around Christmas when the 400 jewels event occurred and no one was able to access the lower left node. That event got really ugly. Anyways, HoD has had issues from the get go but the level of issues ranged from minor to severe depending on the problem. I highly doubt that they could salvage this event anyways. They fix one issue, another pops up
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby the week of 5/13 - 5/19 has been great! We've continuously got stuff to do every day. It would be nice if we can go a bit further and get just a bit more single player content. Can we see what's going on for next week?
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby the week of 5/13 - 5/19 has been great! We've continuously got stuff to do every day. It would be nice if we can go a bit further and get just a bit more single player content. Can we see what's going on for next week?
    It would have been nice to have a day between coalition events and an individual starting on Monday. Also I miss individual PvE. 
  • Machine
    James13 said:
    I didn't care for this week.  Back to back big bracket PVP events is my defintion of personal hell.  Though RtO is massively preferable to HoD.  I would have preferred PvE exist.

It seems all the complaining when B4T and another big coalition event were scheduled back to back has already been forgotten. I also didn't like the two coalition events back to back and yet some people are asking for more. Especially starting a 5-node one on a Monday.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Machine said:
    James13 said:
    I didn't care for this week.  Back to back big bracket PVP events is my defintion of personal hell.  Though RtO is massively preferable to HoD.  I would have preferred PvE exist.

It seems all the complaining when B4T and another big coalition event were scheduled back to back has already been forgotten. I also didn't like the two coalition events back to back and yet some people are asking for more. Especially starting a 5-node one on a Monday.
    I think that 5 nodes with one charge every 8 hours, starting with one charge, is not too much for a monday to wednesday event.
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby, can we get confirmation that this weekend's Bo4T event is going to use the current Standard (AKH forward)?  I sincerely hope that you're not planning to push the DOM update out and change AKH's availability the day before the event (or worse, sometime in the middle of it).  Thanks!