MtGPQ Sneak Peek: May 2018 Edition *Updated (5/25/18)

Options

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This sucks. Mothers Day + 2 Coalition Events = blargh
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Look @Brigby I know we want more events, but not 2 coalition ones at the same time!

Why not just go back to the old 1 coalition and 1 legacy event always running?  That was fine.  2 coalition events a week and a couple legacies for extra (optional) play.

2 simultaneous coalition events is bad, and having them both on Mother's Day is just a **** move, since many of us will be with family and off our phones.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Thank you for bringing us back the XLN and RIX events.
  • ManaTear
    ManaTear Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Didn't we already discuss that simulcasting  coalition events was a bad idea? It might have been when Hibernum was running the show but shouldn't it have carried over to Oktagon's MO? #1coalitionevent@atime
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sure looks like a mistake
  • Babo21
    Babo21 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Overlapping events on Sunday!!! That sucks! It's difficult enough to handle family, 1 coalition event and tg! And I think it is mothers day in the US! You guys trying to kill the game! 

Also, what's being said about prizes is true! We are getting very few xln and Rix packs from prizes! I know that creating need is a good sales strategy, but it has to be well balanced with maintaining interest! You are alienating your player base with this!
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Yes, two coalition events at once! Just like the old days when they gave Ender two armies to battle simultaneously. I guess I should add a <snark>
  • AdriA
    AdriA Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It's good to add one more event each week, regardless if it is legacy or standard event... nice move

Also I do agree two coalition events in mother's day isn't a good idea.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks @Brigby
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *Updated Race to Orazca so that it now starts on Monday, May 14th and ends on Wednesday, May 16th.
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Great, thanks!
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Loving the extra events... breath of life. Was getting bored during the week. 

[MOD NOTE] Edited to remove profanity.[//MOD NOTE]
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks for bringing back two coalition events in a week!

P.S. Anyone else think the mods should replace profanity with tinykitty instead of just removing it? Also, that tinykitty filter seems rather unpredictable.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Brigby: Can you elaborate why there are two coalition events running back to back? It has been put in the schedule without telling us why. I know there are a lot of players who want to have more events, but there are also players that don't want more events. Having one weekend coalition event and multiple OPTIONAL events during weekdays was fine.

Edit: especially a five node event during WORK days. Some of the players in my coalition can't play during work days.

• khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Players ask for more events ... any events even.

Devs release schedule including more events than usual.

Players gear up their guns to complain some more.

Hmm, sounds about right.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There is a different beween more events and more events at the same time.

What next akh coalition event with 4h timer + 5 node b4t? I didn't vote for more event, because it should be a game not another work. 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IM_CARLOS said:

What next akh coalition event with 4h timer + 5 node b4t? I didn't vote for more event, because it should be a game not another work. 
    To ask for more events you are going to have an overlap at some point. What do you do? I would take more events over being bored any day. And I follow rule #1: "You don't have to play every event."  Even I get burned out sometimes and take a break, but I am also aware that there are other players that crave more play time when I am tired...and vice versa.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    IM_CARLOS said:

To ask for more events you are going to have an overlap at some point. What do you do? I would take more events over being bored any day. And I follow rule #1: "You don't have to play every event."  Even I get burned out sometimes and take a break, but I am also aware that there are other players that crave more play time when I am tired...and vice versa.
    Except: it’s a coalition event.  Unless you want to be a jerk to your team you pretty much have to play those.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As there is no individual event (except Across Ixalan to XLN) to get the latest sets' rewards, I prefer to have coalition events than nothing.