Champ Main Event Hulk?

Tintaiwan
Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
I am divided on champing MEH or waiting until I have another cover for him.  (currently 13/13)

powers don't seem amazing, and a little costly?

Not sure who would work well with him either...

Comments

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tintaiwan said:
    I am divided on champing MEH or waiting until I have another cover for him.  (currently 13/13)

powers don't seem amazing, and a little costly?

Not sure who would work well with him either...
    He's solid middle tier.  Unless it was a top of the heap character that wasn't optimally covered, there's no need to champ until you get the 14th cover. 

Purple is ridiculous.  Yes it's costly, but pair him up with Shuri or 4lord to lower that cost and you're golden (switch too).  Bobbi to potentially fire for free.  

Yellow pairs real well with Shuri as well.   

He's not meta defining or anything, but he makes a nice change of pace.  Since you have him fully covered, play around with him in DDQ or SIM...
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    His purple can be absolutely deadly. I just took out 2 characters on 1 cast in Sim. Something like 18K total health gone in a snap. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    May as well wait until you have a 14th cover if there is no pressing competition. I just champed mine, and I love him with Mockinbird/Nightcrawler. My Shuri isn't champed yet, but I'd swap NC off that team for Shuri, or Chavez who I similarly need a few covers for still. I would like there to be synergy with Valkyrie for movie continuity's sake, but mine is too new and I haven't really investigated it.

If you put him with Mockingbird and Chavez, Chavez has no active powers, and both she and Bobbi want you to store up AP. Then, when opponents make match-4s or higher, somebody will fire off a free power, and it will either be Mockingbird or MEHulk. Hulk has a random AP generation on his yellow, and Gamma Powerbomb is a nightcrawler level cascade generator with ridiculous critical damage up front, so once this team gets moving it's pretty fun.

Using him with Shuri, she reduces AP costs when there are N shield tiles on the board. She puts those out on red, and Hulk puts them out on Yellow with enough covers on it, so you can bring his power cost down to a very reasonable level (while raising opponent power cost as well). Then shuri starts doing bonus match damage for matching shielded tiles, hulk starts generating AP and doing big cascades, mockingbird (or whoever) starts doing nonsense...it escalates quickly. But with his random tile swap at the start of every turn, it is difficult to put him on teams that want to have special tiles stay on the board for any particular duration, so he won't help your 4ocket/G4mora teams at all.