Supports Details - Vaults & Event Rewards *Updated (4/13/18)

124»

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:

TLDR: Is it a good deal?  I think it seems pretty good, but it's not tempting me when I am more interested in waiting for the Infinity War content that should be coming.
    That sums up my take on it too. As someone who doesn't do much more than $2 purchases to keep Bonus Rewards flowing, I can say the H4H are a good deal compared to other options given, but that I'm saving my Hero Points for Infinity War.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definitely a good deal seeing this is the only way to get tokens for now. However, my HP balance would drop to 0 if i purchase both. Bought the strange since that had more tokens and held off on the other. It was mighty tempting but I stopped myself by purchasing two roster slots for 3* dupes. Temptation removed. If I happen to have enough HP to purchase it before it leaves, I may do it.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny said:
    jamesh said:
    There's a single legendary token in vaults, so you've effectively got a 1/560 (80*7) chance of receiving a 5* character.  With a single beginner support token in the vault, you've got a 1/1600 (80*20) chance of receiving a rank 3 Support.

So a rank 3 support is worth roughly three 5* covers.
    You can pretty much see the value in Hero for Hire offer - 7500HP for three 4* covers, 1400 red ISO and one Legendary Support token.
    At current state, value of Supports will be extremely high, because you dont need 13 of them to unlock full potential, but only one (plus you get lower quality supps fully refunded). Naturally, it will be harder to obtain them and max them out, but sadly, i have strong feeling that the only purpose of this "awesome feature" is to milk players, who are not willing to spend $ for hundreds of released characters anymore.
    Instead of this, they may just added system that would allow duplicates to upgrade rarity of the support - it is often used in other games (Injustice 2 mobile f.e.).
    Gosh, somethimes i think the implementation of supports couldnt be done worse :-/
    I agree it is hard to compare the value of supports and regular characters.  While it is true that in theory you only need to pull a support once but need to pull a character at least 13 times, there's also the question of how you level them up.

From the information released so far, it certainly sounds like acquiring duplicate supports is the most efficient way to gain red iso, so perhaps you'd want many duplicates for supports too.

I just found it a bit amusing that a mid tier support was effectively rarer than a the previous most coveted prize.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I bought the 7500hp deal. Obviously, it was hp earned through playing the game and it seemed a really good deal to me. I use R&G daily so it was nice to add 3 more champ levels to make them slightly stronger. The support reward I received wasn't one I really wanted though. 
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    I bought the 7500hp deal. Obviously, it was hp earned through playing the game and it seemed a really good deal to me. I use R&G daily so it was nice to add 3 more champ levels to make them slightly stronger. The support reward I received wasn't one I really wanted though. 
    Imagine getting 4* Duplicate for 7500HP (and HPs are now the only way how to get 4*s and 5*s... is this going to change?)
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    veny said:
    Imagine getting 4* Duplicate for 7500HP (and HPs are now the only way how to get 4*s and 5*s... is this going to change?)
    They already said they are adding Support tokens to event vaults and season rewards. The Red Iso has already been added to PVP & PVE rewards.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Shintok17 said:
    veny said:
    They already said they are adding Support tokens to event vaults and season rewards. The Red Iso has already been added to PVP & PVE rewards.
    Yes, let sum it up:
    - Red ISO in PvE - approx. 1000 in progression loot pool is fine, 3-10 per hard node is pathetic, hundreds in placement loot pool is... meh, but acceptable
    - Vaults - One pathetic grey token per vault (1:80 chance)... with chance for 3* Support (1:20... yay!)? Even if it is, 4*s and 5*s are hidden behind a paywall, in 7500HP Hero for Hire offer. For me, it is kinda acceptable since Metas have pretty much HPs from champions. It may be an ultimate HP sink and honestly, it is a good deal as long as 3 Supports are enough, and there is red ISO for duplicates.
    - PvP - yeah, it will be either unplayable or better than now, after supports will be implemented. Still, i doubt there will be legendary support token avaible...maybe for TOP1 place in season, which is impossible for most players to achieve.

All in all... dunno, it is pretty obvious. You dont need many Supports, so it is reflected by their availability and red ISO cost. Still, i am not sure if i am willing to invest anything in such expensive feature, that is still RNG based.
    Truth is, 5* Support will be for players who will pay, or who are extremely lucky while spending their hard earned HPs.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    So the basic Support token has a 4* rating on it when seen in a vault while it can only get you a 3* Support at best... I don't know, but this feels really counterintuitive to me. Sure, it makes the token seem even more valuable, and the current rarity of support tokens fully supports this, but it just doesn't seem right.

I got a lucky break on the Strange HfH Support deal and now have a 4* Milano support, which was nice. I really hope the basic support tokens will be available a bit more in the future (maybe put a token in DDQ or something?) because other than from packs and the tiny chance with a vault at this point in time is disappointing to me, and I can't say I'm holding my breath for the support tokens in next season's rewards which will only be here in about 6 weeks. I guess we'll find out in time.

I like the feature so far, it's just that any progress on supports feels really, really slow at the moment.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    veny said:

- Vaults - One pathetic grey token per vault (1:80 chance)... with chance for 3* Support (1:20... yay!)? 
    What a 1:1600 chance of a 3* Support from a single vault pull isn't good enough for you?:p

They clearly what these to be super rare.  That's why you get most of the red ISO from selling vs it being earned like traditional currency.  That's fine as long as they aren't super OP at top level, then it's going to end up being the worst RNG advantage or the worst Pay to Win if they start offering more ways to buy these in the future.  

We'll see.  All in all any excitement I had for the feature is pretty drained already and I'll get what I get and sit on it till there's a clear logical path to applying vs wasting them blindly.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Soooo. Been saving up my Riso and haven't touched the supports. Any chance there is a all encompassing guide and top 3 list of supports out there or am I hoping way to early..?
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Yoik said:
    Soooo. Been saving up my Riso and haven't touched the supports. Any chance there is a all encompassing guide and top 3 list of supports out there or am I hoping way to early..?
    Probably too early but top list's are always subject to your own play style, character usage, and goals. So you can for the moment read all the Support's perk info and see which ones would benefit your PVE experience. It always comes down to who you have champed or leveled that can even use the support, since some are locked to villians or heroes and some give you extra abilities when attached to certain characters. 
  • Is there a way to actually remove a support from a character? All I'm seeing so far is an option to swap them but what if we no longer want a support on a character that isn't used often enough to justify it?
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    The only way to remove a support from one character is to swap the support to another character. 
  • Merrick said:
    The only way to remove a support from one character is to swap the support to another character. 
    Such an awful design. There really should be a way to just remove the support from a character and place it back into inventory. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yoik said:
    For those using Thor and keeping him in a half-health state, Vintage Shield at rank 2 is a good one. The speed you tear down enemies might keep them from firing powers at all, and so taking less damage from matches, especially from the 5* mission, helps to keep him going. Minor issue is the health part providing true healing at the beginning of the match, so you run the risk of healing him out of his passive, especially against minions who aren’t damaging you at all. It will take some levels to really get good stuff out of it of course. At level 50, my reduction from matches is not quite 4%, so a 1000 damage match is just over 30 damage reduced.
    The web shooters have a good base match reduction. Rank 1 level 1 reduces match damage by 28, so early on it’s better, but only for spider-verse characters.
    Chimichanga. That one shouldn’t need explaination, but basically, it makes Gambit more broken.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yoik said:
    Too early and more supports are dropping based on the news. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Merrick said:
    Such an awful design. There really should be a way to just remove the support from a character and place it back into inventory. 
    I think the idea is that it there should be no reason for you to want to remove a support.  After the 2 hour cool down has expired, you can assign it to another character just as easily as an unassigned support.