FORUM BUGS: Several features gone? [Investigating]

Options
Pongie
Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
At the home page, I had various sections of the forum muted (by clicking on the little spanner icon). This way, I can simply view recent discussions in areas I'm interested in using the link 

https://forums.d3go.com/index.php?p=/discussions

However, now I'm seeing posts from other sections and when I attempt to mute them, the spanner only show the option mark as read.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm seeing the same thing. It's already annoying me, and it's only been a couple of hours.
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Link at the bottom of the page to go back to main board gone as well.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yup same here.  I was coming to post this too.  Really nerfs the already lack luster forum.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. That's very peculiar that these features have disappeared. Are there any other notable features that have gone missing? I'm planning on compiling a list to send over to our web devs to take a look at.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What happened to the links at the bottom of threads that let you return to the sub-forum (ex: General Discussion) that thread was in. Now you have to scroll all the way back to the top...
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    On the home page the General Discussion sub forum is showing a latest update at 11.00 am. When I go in to the sub forum the most recent update occurred at 10.20 am.
  • Pongie
    Options
    @Brigby any updates on this? Have the web devs been informed at least?

Thanks
  • Brigby
    Options
    Pongie said:
    Brigby any updates on this? Have the web devs been informed at least?

Thanks
    We're having a meeting with them soon, and we'll discuss these topics further with them at that point. As of right now though, they are aware of these missing features, and are currently looking into it.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @brigby Not sure if this is the correct place, but can they fix the "control + arrow_key" behavior of the forums?  Instead of going "forward/backward 1 word" it acts like the "home" and "end" keys.
  • Brigby
    Options
    abmoraz said:
    brigby Not sure if this is the correct place, but can they fix the "control + arrow_key" behavior of the forums?  Instead of going "forward/backward 1 word" it acts like the "home" and "end" keys.
    We've brought this up with them before, and if I recall correctly, that behavior is dependent on which browser you're using to view the forum. For example, "CTRL + arrow_key" on Google Chrome causes it to go forward/backward 1 word.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    abmoraz said:
    brigby Not sure if this is the correct place, but can they fix the "control + arrow_key" behavior of the forums?  Instead of going "forward/backward 1 word" it acts like the "home" and "end" keys.
    We've brought this up with them before, and if I recall correctly, that behavior is dependent on which browser you're using to view the forum. For example, "CTRL + arrow_key" on Google Chrome causes it to go forward/backward 1 word.
    Hmm... that's odd, but I tested it out and you are correct.  Weird why Firefox would do that and it doesn't do it on other sites I visit.  Must be some sort of weird glitch.

Anyways, thanks for the quick response!
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Pongie said:
    Brigby any updates on this? Have the web devs been informed at least?

Thanks
    We're having a meeting with them soon, and we'll discuss these topics further with them at that point. As of right now though, they are aware of these missing features, and are currently looking into it.

@Brigby, any update on this?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

abmoraz said:
    Brigby said:
    abmoraz said:
    Hmm... that's odd, but I tested it out and you are correct.  Weird why Firefox would do that and it doesn't do it on other sites I visit.  Must be some sort of weird glitch.

Anyways, thanks for the quick response!

Yeah it's something *only* on this site because everywhere else site wise the behavior is fine. It was also fine on the old Forums.

It makes editing incredibly annoying and painful. They should figure out and fix the problem.

KGB
  • Moon Roach
    Options

@Brigby, any update on this?

The current first page on https://forums.d3go.com/discussions is 18:7 in favour of MtGPQ compared to MPQ (not counting pinned announcements).  I'd quite like to be able to filter them out.

• Pongie
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @Moon Roach feature was replaced with Follow. So instead of muting those you dont want to see, you follow only those you do and use the link 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussions?followed=1&save=1
  • Moon Roach
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Pongie, interesting, I must have missed the memo.  I was still waiting for the meeting between Brigby and the web devs.

It would be nice if this was documented somewhere.

Supplementary question: how do I follow a forum or sub forum?  In IE 11 it doesn't seem possible.

Supplementary answer: use Chrome.  At least then the little gears do something...

• Pongie
    Options
  • Moon Roach
    Options
    Thanks for that link.  I must also have missed the PSA that's been coming since April 20th.