MPQ on Android 8.1 [Investigating]

Options
vikaskundu
vikaskundu Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
I am using a Note 8 which is currently running Android 8.1. Previously the MPQ game was running smooth on Android 7.0 however upon upgrading the OS whenever now I will open the game it simply loads a blank screen on startup and crashes itself automatically. How to fix it?

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm on 8.1 on Pixel 2 and have no issues. I would recommend putting this (or asking a mod to move it) in the Bugs section and opening a ticket.
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Check that you don't have permissions missing from the app. 

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    **Moved to Technical Issues so maybe @Tombstone could offer some assistance.**
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I am using a Note 8 which is currently running Android 8.1. Previously the MPQ game was running smooth on Android 7.0 however upon upgrading the OS whenever now I will open the game it simply loads a blank screen on startup and crashes itself automatically. How to fix it?
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? Usually that helps tie up any loose ends that might cause the game to not open properly.
  • kc3cjr
    kc3cjr Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I am facing a similar problem. I recently upgraded to Android 8.1 and after installing the game, whenever it starts there is only a black screen. However, in my case the game does not crash. Furthermore, based on the sound (I have muted the music but the in-game sounds are on) and response to phone buttons action and touching the screen (bottom part of the screen where buttons for tokens, supports and roster are placed) the game seems to be functioning properly. Still the black screen persists. I have tried reinstalling the game and clearing the memory, cache, etc. I have also checked permissions and everything seems to be in order.
    I submitted a ticket to the support and I am waiting for the response.
    Does anyone have an idea on how to resolve this issue?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    kc3cjr said:
    I am facing a similar problem. I recently upgraded to Android 8.1 and after installing the game, whenever it starts there is only a black screen. However, in my case the game does not crash. Furthermore, based on the sound (I have muted the music but the in-game sounds are on) and response to phone buttons action and touching the screen (bottom part of the screen where buttons for tokens, supports and roster are placed) the game seems to be functioning properly. Still the black screen persists. I have tried reinstalling the game and clearing the memory, cache, etc. I have also checked permissions and everything seems to be in order.
    Just asking for due diligence, but is this the only app that you encounter this issue with? In addition, what device are you using to play MPQ on? 
  • kc3cjr
    kc3cjr Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Brigby said:
    kc3cjr said:
    Just asking for due diligence, but is this the only app that you encounter this issue with? In addition, what device are you using to play MPQ on? 
    Yes, this the only app/game so far. I also installed Magic The Gathering Puzzle Quest to try and find if the same problem persists, but it does not. Magic The Gathering works correctly.
    I am using Oneplus 2 with Lineage OS 15.1.