Webbed wonder Ghost Rider point bug [Solved]

Palitin
Palitin Posts: 1
I’ve been playing in the webbed wonder event at level 7 and I have the 5 star Ghost Rider Robbie Reyes. However my points in his level are bugged to be extremely low (320 points). Lower even than my ms. Marvel and Drax levels. I have a screen shot of the low point value that I can send. It was also lower in the firs two parts and I didn’t relize this until after shown by my father. This has prevented me from getting Drax in the second part of the event and will prevent me from getting the 25 command points in the progression rewards.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Thalfen
    Thalfen Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Wrong, why would the 5 Star have lower point values than the 4 Star levels at the same SCL? Try again dude. This is definitely a bug. 
  • Thalfen
    Check your 4 Star level point value, then check your 5 Star. Is 5 Star ever lower if the 4 Star is not a wave battle? Go ahead, check. I’ll wait. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's supposed to be that way according to the developers.
  • Thalfen
    I don’t think he actually read what was written as he said it should be lower than the Higher SCL levels. And that would make sense. But what was stated is that on the same SCL level a 3 and 4 star required event consistently had higher point values than a 5 star event. This makes no sense and has never been that case when they both hold the same number of enemies. ie: the lower events were not wave battles. A dismissive answer here is not the correct approach. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    It is what the devs said is correct.
    On anything lower than CL8 and 9, the 5* essential will be worth less points than other essentials.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68833/updates-to-story-event-5-star-essential-missions-updated-11-17-17/p1
  • Thalfen
    Wow, that is a terrible idea. Self inflicted wound by the devs. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    When the 5* node was the same across SCL7-9, top level Alliances were taking advantage of it to get really good Alliance placement rewards, because they could have half their players just blast through the SCL7 version almost trivially, while the other half play SCL9 so they get the LT from the Alliance placement rewards. Then they'd switch off for the next one.

Playing in SCL7 with an SCL9-capable roster is so fast that they'd score significantly higher than Alliances that were playing entirely in SCL9, giving an extra guarantee on those LTs. It also took basically all the good individual placement prizes away from people who are actually at appropriate levels for SCL7.

Reducing the points value of the 5* node in SCL7 (and SCL8, to a lesser extent) means that if those top Alliances want the top prizes, they all need to play at their own level in SCL9 instead of slumming it down in SCL7 half the time and coasting to easy rewards.

As it stands, in SCL7, the 5* node is basically some bonus rewards for people who can handle it, and a sway to spread the points out a bit and cut down on the odds of ties for placement, but isn't needed for full Progression or T100 (maybe even T50 with optimal play) placement.

• TPF Alexis
    Yeah, it's pretty much a tapper's paradise, but as you say, it's a pretty big time investment compared to just playing SCL9 normally, and it doesn't really seem to be a widespread problem like slumming was for the first few events before they dropped the points for the lower SCLs.

Hopefully, tapping will go away completely soon, and then that won't be even a theoretical possibility.

Honestly, a lot of the stuff in this game that doesn't seem to make sense is kind of like that: Someone came up with a cool idea, the player base figured out how to abuse it, and the attempts to fix it without just tossing it out eventually kludged into what we see today.
  • Thalfen
    Sorry for being so aggressive in my responses. It really did not make sense and the initial reply really didn’t address the question fully. Yes it was technically correct but without the further info it just looked like it was blowing off the concern. Apologies. The change however really makes it harder for those stuck at L7 to progress. Punishing the lower level people to keep the higher level people in their bracket doesn’t make a lot of sense. 
  • TPF Alexis
    Thalfen said:
    Sorry for being so aggressive in my responses. It really did not make sense and the initial reply really didn’t address the question fully. Yes it was technically correct but without the further info it just looked like it was blowing off the concern. Apologies. The change however really makes it harder for those stuck at L7 to progress. Punishing the lower level people to keep the higher level people in their bracket doesn’t make a lot of sense. 
    It can be a bit rough, but it's really not as bad as you might think. I thought much the same when they first added the 5* node, but in practice, it works out reasonably well.

It's not taken into account for what's needed to get all Progression rewards, it's worth few enough points that you can still place reasonably well with optimal play if you don't have the 5*, and it's not like you're competing against the people who are getting more points for playing in higher SCLs.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thalfen said:
    I think the reasoning behind it is that the people they think should be playing CL7 will have a well developed 3* roster and be trying to build their 4* roster.  The devs still want you to hang on to any 5* covers you manage to pick up, but not feel like you're completely uncompetitive without them.

By making the 5* essential node worth relatively few points, it means a dedicated player missing the 5* might be able to keep up with a less dedicated player who has the character.

They want players to covet these rare characters, but they don't want to make them available easy enough to make them hard requirements to play at CL7.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi Everyone. I can confirm that it is intended for the 5-star Essential Nodes to offer less points than the others as Bowgentle had mentioned previously.