Angel/Archangel's "Aerial Superiority" shows a power banner for each countdown tile [Investigating]

bigsmooth
bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
5* Archangel (Classic) and 3* Angel (All-New X-Men) each have a black power called "Aerial Superiority" that can create two countdown tiles that affect AP gain and then do damage when they resolve.

I've noticed that the game shows a power banner for each countdown tile when they resolve, even if multiple tiles resolve in the same turn. Other powers that create multiple countdown tiles on the same turn typically don't do this (Speed Shot, Recharge, Mischief, etc.)

The power only costs 7 AP, so depending on team makeup it's very possible to have four of these CDs resolve in the same turn with a banner each time. It's not a big deal but it may be worth a look. Thanks!

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    2* HE Speed Shot does show the banner when each timer resolves. I don't recall on Recharge of Mischief, but I think they do as well.
    The problem is that countdowns resolve from top to bottom on the screen, so if you have multiple types of countdowns out, the banners differentiate between what is happening when.

I would say this is not a bug, and is working as intended.
  • bigsmooth
    2* HE Speed Shot does show the banner when each timer resolves. I don't recall on Recharge of Mischief, but I think they do as well.
    The problem is that countdowns resolve from top to bottom on the screen, so if you have multiple types of countdowns out, the banners differentiate between what is happening when.

This is not accurate. I just double checked and Speed Shot does not show a banner when each CD resolves in the same turn. I also checked some other powers that create multiple CDs (such as 5* Gambit's Ragin' Cajun) and they didn't show a banner for each CD, either. I still think that Aerial Superiority is not coded the same way.
  • DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    We're there other CDs resolving or just Angels?

I know it gets crazy when it has to flip between multiple CDs for different characters and puts up a banner for each one.  (Coulson and 5* Hawkeye gets nuts)

OR anyone on the team have passives that were firing to interrupt the CD banners with different ones?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    bigsmooth said:

This is not accurate. I just double checked and Speed Shot does not show a banner when each CD resolves in the same turn. I also checked some other powers that create multiple CDs (such as 5* Gambit's Ragin' Cajun) and they didn't show a banner for each CD, either. I still think that Aerial Superiority is not coded the same way.
    Speed Shot will show the banner again if a countdown for something else resolves between Speed Shot countdowns. If it's only Speed Shot, tho, it does only show it once.
  • bigsmooth
    edited March 2018
    You're both correct, but I'm seeing this behavior when Aerial Superiority tiles are the only countdown tiles on the board, no other passives or anything else happening at the same time. It's really easy to reproduce.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Thanks for the info everyone! I'll pass it along to the team, so they can review this issue, and see what can potentially be done about it.