**** Shuri (Master Engineer) **** Updated (1/4/19)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited January 2019 in Character Details
Hi Everyone,

"As the head of the Wakandan Design Group, Shuri designs and builds futuristic tech, such as the Black Panther suit, with Vibranium mined from the Great Mound. 

She is an innovator, intelligent beyond her years, and always ready to give her big brother, T'Challa, a hard time."

4 Star Rarity (Legendary)
Heroes
bluetilepng greentilepng redtilepng 

(Abilities listed at level 270, Power Level 5)
13,995 Health
bluetilepng 85 | greentilepng 74 |  65 |  43 | yellowtilepng 13 | purpletilepng 12 | blacktilepng 11 |  4.0x

Vibranium Tech bluetilepng Passive
Shuri deploys Vibranium tech of her own invention to hinder her enemies and enhance her allies. As long as there are 6 Fortified tiles on the board, enemy powers cost 2 AP more and friendly powers cost 1 AP less (to a minimum of 3.)
  • (Level 2) ...friendly powers cost 2 AP less...
  • (Level 3) ...there are 5 Fortified tiles...
  • (Level 4) ...enemy powers cost 3 AP more...
  • (Level 5) ...friendly powers cost 3 AP less...
Twin Blasters - 11 greentilepng AP
Shuri lets loose a blast from her gauntlets, knocking enemies away. Deals 1028 damage and destroys 5 random tiles. If this power destroys a Fortified tile, stun the enemy for 1 turn(s). Destroyed tiles deal damage but do not generate AP.
  • (Level 2) Deals 1840 damage...
  • (Level 3) Deals 2381 damage...stun the enemy for 2 turn(s).
  • (Level 4) Deals 4004 damage...
  • (Level 5) Deals 6980 damage...stun the enemy for 3 turn(s).
Vibranium Virtuoso - 8 redtilepng AP
Shuri harnesses the raw power of Vibranium to bolster her allies' offenses. Fortifies up to 2 friendly Special or basic tiles, and removes a random enemy Fortified Special tile.
(PASSIVE) Whenever you match a Fortified tile, deal 307 damage.
  • (Level 2) Fortifies up to 3 friendly...deal 397 damage.
  • (Level 3) Fortifies up to 4 friendly...
  • (Level 4) Fortifies up to 5 friendly...deal 813 damage.
  • (Level 5) Fortifies up to 6 friendly...deal 1752 damage.
Check out Shuri's Marvel.com article here: Shuri (Master Engineer)

What do you think is Shuri's best build? Vote down below!

**** Shuri (Master Engineer) **** Updated (1/4/19) 31 votes

5/5/3
6%
gmtoscaAureatian1 2 votes
5/4/4
0%
5/3/5
74%
Isay_IsayKolencesinnerjflzulux21slartiIridiousnotamutantfork1977stochasticismTrilateralusPunisher5784Piro_plockbluewolfmonsieurmojoTiger_WongStraycatpstar782004hunky_funkyTTTSBSmart80 23 votes
4/5/4
0%
4/4/5
0%
3/5/5
19%
BlackBoltRocksAkarithechairmanAnonskittledaddyAueio 6 votes

Comments

• talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Looking forward to champ this one.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    5/3/5
    Why doesnt she have the power: “WHAT ARE THOSE?!” :-(
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    5/5/3
    Or a Heal that's named "Fixing Broken White Boys" :)
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    Has anyone tested to see if her red enemy AP increase stacks on Peggy's yellow passive? Or her red friendly decrease stack with SL's yellow passive? I'm assuming it doesn't stack
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    Has anyone tested to see if her red enemy AP increase stacks on Peggy's yellow passive? Or her red friendly decrease stack with SL's yellow passive? I'm assuming it doesn't stack
    Just tested it, it stacks with Peggy's & Starlord's passive :smiley:

Her red power also fortifies countdown & repeater tiles which is nice.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    sinnerjfl said:
    Just tested it, it stacks with Peggy's & Starlord's passive :smiley:

Her red power also fortifies countdown & repeater tiles which is nice.
    Wow it really stacks?! So you're saying you could have 1ap cost abilities with SL and Shuri?
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    No I think it says a minimum of 3 ap on both of their powers, I would assume even with the stacks it would cap at 3.  If that is not the case I have a feeling a nurf might be coming that would be crazy.  Pair those two with Agent venom a 1 ap attack for 5k, a few others would be crazy as well OML's yellow after he pops his claws are another that would be instantly broken.  Please let if know if those two (4Star Lord and Shuri) can actually get cost under 3.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    It stacks but the lowest an ability can cost is 3 AP (as stated in the blue ability's description).

Tested that too, an ability wont cost under 3 AP.
  • hopper1979
    That what I figured it would be insane otherwise. :)
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2018
    3/5/5
    Voting 3/5/5. It's impossible to keep 5 fortified tiles on the board, and I have enough trouble even regularly getting enough red to use it to make tiles. She needs to be paired with someone like 5HE or 4Cage to get use out of her passive before even considering another build.

On the plus side, her green hits like a mack truck, well worth putting 5 into.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akari said:
    Voting 3/5/5. It's impossible to keep 5 fortified tiles on the board, and I have enough trouble even regularly getting enough red to use it to make tiles. She needs to be paired with someone like 5HE or 4Cage to get use out of her passive before even considering another build.

I played around a bit with her in PVE and her red putting 6 on the board made it pretty easy. Just fire red first then all other powers are 3 less.

I have both her and Panther champed and am trying to think of strong teams for both. So any suggestions are appreciated!
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    The ability to reduce the cost of black powers (among all other colors) is pretty crazy. 
    Getting Gamora's black down to a cost of 6 and her blue stun to 3 AP? Amazing.

Also looking forward on the 5* front. Gladiator Thor in god mode, making his yellow cost 6 initially, then 9 for the insane Raging fire damage after getting some of those protect tiles out.
    Too bad she will not work with Gambit well due to not being able to play her red at all. 

Also, Th5nos, Carol, Shuri. Play red once you have 9 green, 3 yellow. Fire off Come & Get Me, then Carol's yellow to instantly resolve the CD to down the entire enemy team (ensure they are all low enough). No Court Death damage. 
  • Daredevil217
    Akari said:

Ive been playing with Shuri a lot in PVE where she’s boosted and I have not had a problem FLOODING the board with fortifieds once she gets rolling. Might have to screenshot at some point but once you cast red once, additional casts are only 6. 

I played her with Rogue who siphoned red and it was hilarious because one red match gave 6 AP which was enough for more fortified tiled. Gets pretty crazy. I haven’t tried any build outside 5/3/5. I agree her green has a nice punch at 5, but it’s hard giving up 5 in red/blue. 

I feel ME Hulk is a great partner. Provides actives in Yellow/Purple, Yellow pops out the necessary 5 fortified tiles and Shuri can lower the cost of his expensive powers. Just need a good third to cover black/blue and maybe green if you keep shuris at 3. Vulture is the obvious best candidate for those colors, but Fist, Punisher, Kate, Mordo and Gamora all work too.
  • Daredevil217
    OJSP said:
    Daredevil217 said:
    Just need a good third to cover black/blue and maybe green if you keep shuris at 3.
    I suggest Mr.F. He makes fortified tiles. How many PhDs do that team have?

I think Shuri, Luke Cage, and Mr F can be quite a good combo too.
    I don’t have him champed yet. Just tried Iron Fist and he’s a brutal third. I don’t think there’s a better third in fact. I was throwing down 3 AP strikes which of course would get fortified and add to the insanity on the board. Iron Fist is already a fast character but when you’ve got -3 to all his costs (which self-fuel on top of it) it’s insane. He killed everyone before Hulk got close to powerbombing.

3 AP Blue
    5 AP Green (he gets 3 or 4 from casting Blue)
    9 AP Black (he gets 3 or 4 from casting Green)
  • Daredevil217
    edited March 2018
    Akari said:

Ive been playing with Shuri a lot in PVE where she’s boosted and I have not had a problem FLOODING the board with fortifieds once she gets rolling. Might have to screenshot at some point but once you cast red once, additional casts are only 6. 

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Was able to champ Shuri and have been able to try her out a bit in SHIELD Simulator. Very impressive. Have to agree that red needs to be 5 since it fuels both her other Powers. After that it's a question of whether you need her to deal damage with green or if the additional AP cost manipulation is a better investment.

Been using her with Hawkeye and Coulson and it's hilarious. It's a bit of a race at first - fire off Arrows as soon as you can to get countdowns on the board, but once you are able to fire Shuri's red it's pretty much game over since it drops Hawkeye's Arrows to 3 blue AP. 5 green for Shuri helps quite a bit in that team.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,008 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    Yeah. This character is a MUST USE with fortified characters. I just champed her today and with MrF, they’re insane. Casting VV makes Reeds Flexibility cost 4AP. A 3 turn stun that puts fortified shields on the field anywhere you want for 4 AP? And you’re gonna probably match the 2 fortified tiles on casting so that’s over 3500 damage with VV and if you have Imaginaut on the field and it’s a red/yellow/green match, then tack on another 1000 per match. 

Ive been using them with MEH but I’m gonna try 4Cage for a little bit and see how that goes. The power of Cage’s uncapped H4H power with this team sounds too good not to try.
  • hopper1979
    She was also made for Avengers Tower, I just wish I could finish getter her covers she is a really solid 4.  Her, Cage and Iron Fist or 4BP will be killer.
  • Daredevil217
    Yeah. This character is a MUST USE with fortified characters. I just champed her today and with MrF, they’re insane. Casting VV makes Reeds Flexibility cost 4AP. A 3 turn stun that puts fortified shields on the field anywhere you want for 4 AP? And you’re gonna probably match the 2 fortified tiles on casting so that’s over 3500 damage with VV and if you have Imaginaut on the field and it’s a red/yellow/green match, then tack on another 1000 per match. 

Ive been using them with MEH but I’m gonna try 4Cage for a little bit and see how that goes. The power of Cage’s uncapped H4H power with this team sounds too good not to try.
    I was using her with Fist/MEH forever but just champed Mr. F a few days ago and wow!  Thanks for my new favorite team!  Between Crnage/Medusa and Shuri, Mr. F has moved beyond garbage tier for me. I think any third would work fine for them but they are made for eachother. Like you, I use Hulk for the third for the rainbow, plus his yellow can get stuff going on a red starved board. Mr. F’s cheap blue and black make so many cheap fortifieds that it gives you 4 colors to flood the board with them. It’s very easy to go winfinite/stunlock once the team is rolling.

I tried IM40 instead of MEH Hulk and one recharge gives you a pretty easy winfinite if you use your blue correctly. It’s kind of slower as you are relying mostly on VV damage to kill off the opponent. Also any Reed team will suck on defense. But this may be the most healthpack savingest team in the tier between the winfinite poential and strong protects (barring you can avoid rocket teams... yeah right).