MPQ Sneak Peek: March 2018 Edition *Updated (3/27/18)

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, Rogue won’t be in alliance progression. She might be in personal progression, like Kate Bishop was during the CW run, but the round reward will be the required 4* for the following Story event, like it’s always been.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    Gahhh I want an update on Ultron. I feel like Squints in The Sandlot when he snaps and then jumps into the deep end of the pool. 

I'm curious if we're getting Rogue covers in progression.. but in typical boss fashion it will likely be a useless 4* character rewarded like Elektra.. because we can all use 3 covers for her.
    Hoping for fem Thor since I've pulled a million blue covers, just got another blue in shield resupply, and want to try and get her champed already. Really hope it's not Electra, though my 5/1/1 Elektra could use the covers.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    shardwick said:
    Gahhh I want an update on Ultron. I feel like Squints in The Sandlot when he snaps and then jumps into the deep end of the pool. 

I'm curious if we're getting Rogue covers in progression.. but in typical boss fashion it will likely be a useless 4* character rewarded like Elektra.. because we can all use 3 covers for her.
    Hoping for fem Thor since I've pulled a million blue covers, just got another blue in shield resupply, and want to try and get her champed already. Really hope it's not Electra, though my 5/1/1 Elektra could use the covers.
    That's been my struggle as well!  I have 7 (non-limited) classics left and Jane is easily the best character I don't have champed.  She was at 3/2/a kabillion forever and I just recently received a Red.  I saw that her Red was both a HFH purchase and in a taco vault which I had over 300 pulls for and I opted for the latter.  Ended up getting her after about 133 pulls.  So she is now 5/2/5.  Just need a yellow.
  • shardwick
    shardwick said:
    shardwick said:

That's been my struggle as well!  I have 7 (non-limited) classics left and Jane is easily the best character I don't have champed.  She was at 3/2/a kabillion forever and I just recently received a Red.  I saw that her Red was both a HFH purchase and in a taco vault which I had over 300 pulls for and I opted for the latter.  Ended up getting her after about 133 pulls.  So she is now 5/2/5.  Just need a yellow.
    I will have close to 900 cp when the alliance event starts so I'm tempted to make her my bonus hero and keep pulling until I get the new 5*, assuming it's a 5*, and hope that I can get some Thor covers in the process. If she actually is the alliance reward then hopefully her red or yellow is the progression cover in the following event.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thor being the alliance reward would be major. I was already debating between her and Mockingbird who to champ next (whilst I saved up the iso for both), that would speed that process up some!
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    This is the first run of Ultron since 5* Thor was released, right? Or America? That's my two favorite boardshakers effectively benched, unless I feel like getting blowed up real good.

Also: Will Gambit purple work on bombs? On the one hand they're special tiles; on the other, it already doesn't work on web tiles. Also worth considering: God hates us and wants us to be miserable.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    The last run of AvUltron was, I believe, 3/9/17.  A LOT of characters have been released since then (about 30?).  And Gambit’s purple won’t overwrite the bombs, per a developer in Discord.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Of course Ragin’ Cajun doesn’t work on web tiles. They aren’t assigned to a team. They’re neutral, like charged tiles.
    Disappointing to hear that Gambit won’t overwrite Ultron Bombs. They are enemy special tiles, and Gambit (5) purple doesn’t specify specific types of enemy specials.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Im not dissapointed about Gambit not being the obvious solution for once. Having said that, i agree it doesnt seem correct that they wont work..
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards

Ultron character categories:

Iron Man (Model 35), Black Widow (Modern), Hawkeye (Classic)

these are all 1*s.  I'd assume any variant will work, but any way we can get confirmation?  otherwise many will be scrambling for 1s. 

also, if any variant will work, can we just list the generic character name? instead of a specific rarity? 

thanks.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmmmm wheres the details on newest 5 star???? 
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Rogue for personal progression.  Vulture for alliance.  JJ tokens for max prog. 
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Lets hope the nodes give more iso, cause we wont get much from progression... i know, i know, being naive...
  • shardwick
    Grrr I really wanted a character that I needed covers for like Thor, Mr.F, Nova, St4r Lord, Carnage, Red Hulk or Falcap. I guess I'll take more Vulture champ levels instead.

*kicks rock*
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    shardwick said:
    Grrr I really wanted a character that I needed covers for like Thor, Mr.F, Nova, St4r Lord, Carnage, Red Hulk or Falcap. I guess I'll take more Vulture champ levels instead.

*kicks rock*
    Not like 5* spider-man? I'm psyched to get more Vulture, current BH too.

Look at it this way, you don't need to spend iso on a 4* champ!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Token store is Jess, Panther (who is my least covered 5 with a single Red) and Goblin (my most covered 5 aside from my maxed DD/Thor/Gambit).  

My Norman is has a nice 3/2/3 build, though I’m unsure what his optimal is, it’s a nice even spread.

Depending on how good she is, that store might be a nice place to spend some coin and avoid Angel!
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Yasuru said:
    Rogue for personal progression.  Vulture for alliance.  JJ tokens for max prog. 
    JJ tokens?  Say "honest"!  This is confirmed?  

Don't want to get my hopes up just to have them dashed.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2018
    The preview is up in game. It's confirmed.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    granne said:
    The preview is up in game.
    Hmmm... I don't see it yet for some reason, but that's awesome news.  Thanks!