What's up with Shield Training

I've been playing puzzle quest for a while and since I started playing there have been tons of notable improvements in balance, progression,  and overall gameplay.  However,  the shield training event has me scratching my head.   With the strict level requirements for several 4* heroes,  it can be difficult to even attain the new hero cover.   If you are lucky enough to get the new cover,  individual training is nigh impossible.  You would have to sink a fortune into this game to obtain covers/level a new character in the short duration of the event.   Not to mention all of the balancing issues in the 1 on 1 fights.   Am I missing something here?  Why keep  repeating this bloated, pay to win, unbalanced event without so much as a tweak?

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a bonus thing. Whatever you can get out of it is above and beyond whatever you would get from a normal week. Yes, there's more there for whales, but given how much more someone has to shell out to get there, it's really not very much more.
  • roboto0007
    roboto0007 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Even as a bonus event, surely it could be tweaked to have a better structure. As it stands now only very high level rosters can reap any kind of benefit from this event. For low and mid range rosters this event gives very little of value. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even as a bonus event, surely it could be tweaked to have a better structure. As it stands now only very high level rosters can reap any kind of benefit from this event. For low and mid range rosters this event gives very little of value. 

It's the eternal MPQ paradox: When you can reach the good progression rewards you don't really need them anymore. :)

Still, champion levels are Always useful. Use the Resources you can get to strengthen your roster and you will hopefully do better next run.

Also, remember that the longer the SHIELD Simulator runs, the more Points are available. This week should have the most possible Points available , so see how far you can go...