Captivating crew - bugs or design [Investigating]

Options
Szamsziel
Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
Scenario :
captivating crew taken over gaea (hexproof) - as now I'm controller should I have possibility to target it? Yes/no - why? (in mtgpq I can't)
I cannot also sacrifice any captivated creature for costly plunder (sacrifice last creature you control).  it's sacrificing captivating crew.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would assume because the control is temporary the same rules don't apply as far as hexproof and sacrificing. I would be curious to see the official answer though. 
  • Szamsziel
    Options
    You would be right but temporarily control is achieved also with act of treason and turn against - in both cases costly plunder works normally. 
    Also when I took over more creatures and casted 2 plunders - first killed my own crew and second killed one of the captivated ones.
    Seems that costly plunder sacrifice not the last creature but first one 
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What about stuff like Reclaim, Altar's Reap, and Lethal Sting? Do those work on creatures stolen by Captivating Crew?
  • Szamsziel
    Options
    Yes, unless stolen card has hexproof ;)
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ok, to add to this...

Through a cascade I stole their creature and _then_ cast one of my own, since I only had 2 creatures it should've just put it down but it made me replace something, the really bad bit is that it wouldn't let me replace one of theirs, they were greyed out, so it stopped me casting it.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options

Hi Everyone. I'm compiling a comprehensive list of all Ixalan bug reports to be sent to the development team today. I will be sure to include this issue on that list as well. Thanks for the info!