Champion X23 , 4* Ghost Rider or Lockjaw

Options
modok47
modok47 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
Hello, 

Which should champion first once I get the ISO  X23, 4* Ghost Rider or Lockjaw. I kind of leaning toward X23 or Lockjaw. 

Thanks 

Tagged:

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd personally go for X-23. She's awesome.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2018
    Options
    They just finished killing Lockjaw, who was already weak, so he should be last on this list.  I would do Ghostrider first he can lay down some serious damage on the right teams (attack tile generators and red/green feeders) but there is nothing wrong with X-23, traps are not as good as they used to be and her green is a little underpowered but she is a great tank and can save you a lot of healthpacks.  It really depends on your play style.  If you have some good tanks already go with Ghostrider if you need a tank go with X-23
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    *Moving this over to Tips and Guides as it's an advice thread*
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Like many things, some of this depends on the rest of your roster.

Nobody plays Ghost Rider for his red/green; there are much better users of those colors in the 4* tier (heck, Riri is better in both colors, and her strongest is blue!). People play Ghost Rider for his black; that's why he rules boss events. A one-trick pony, although it's a nice trick. If you have most of the top of the 4* world, then GR fills a niche nobody else does.

X-23 tanks, self-heals, has a reasonable green, and while traps aren't as good as they used to be, at least X-23's has a good effect no matter which side matches it. If you don't have much of the top of the 4* world then she could be a mainstay.

Lockjaw, unfortunately, tries to do too many things and none of them as well as others (Jump in front and take damage? Deadpool does that better; Do something random? There are now a few multi-function characters that seem to do at least as well. Creating charged tiles is nice, and can feed Thor (or 5* Gambit/Bolt/etc.), but doesn't do much damage. The animations are good, though, and he plays well with others, but definitely third on this list.

Hope that helps!
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you are not playing Ghostrider with his red/green maxed I suggest you go back and look at him again, if you are a team that produces attack tiles you can get his green to cost 6 ap, it is easily one of the most cost effective aoe's in the game.  Yes, there are better red/green users out there but his synergy, especially in the current meta of countdowns and tiles, which make his particular combo of red/green very potent.  He is underrated because people cannot see beyond his crazy nuke, which is awesome in boss fights but you are lucky if you will use it anywhere else even at reduced cost.
  • modok47
    modok47 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks !!!