Update to Kate Bishop's Champion Rewards (2/13/18)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited February 2018 in MPQ Character Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Following tomorrow's daily patch, the Champion Rewards for Kate Bishop (Hawkeye) will be updated to award Hawkeye (Clint Barton). Six covers of Hawkeye (Clint Barton) will be added to Kate Bishop's Champion Rewards (similarly to how they were added to the previous 4-Star characters).

The covers will be rewarded at the following Champion levels: 
  • Level 280: Purple
  • Level 300: Blue
  • Level 320: Red
  • Level 340: Purple
  • Level 350: Blue
  • Level 360: Red
If you'd like the champion reward breakdown, check out the original announcement here: Updates to 4-Star Champion Rewards

In additions, players will be able to earn additional Kate Bishop covers by placing well in the current run of Venom Bomb or through progression rewards during the Civil War event this week.

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kate in Civil War progression? Sweet.

My Kate is 282, so I'll only get one Hawkeye, but he's my lowest-covered 5* (except for Ghost Rider), so that'll be nice (no risk of wasting 5* covers).
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If I were more ambitious I'd make a list of those 5*s with a 4* feeder and those that have none.  

A better man might do so.  I am not that man.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If I were more ambitious I'd make a list of those 5*s with a 4* feeder and those that have none.  

A better man might do so.  I am not that man.
    Just follow this thread, hopefully it gets updated soon
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I guess I'm a pretty good guy, then.  This is it, as far as I know - six feeders so far:

5* --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---  Feeder (Blank for none)
    Archangel (Classic) --- --- ---
    Black Bolt (Inhuman King) --- --- --- Medusa (Inhuman Queen)
    Black Panther (Civil War) --- --- ---
    Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff) --- --- ---
    Daredevil (Matt Murdock) --- --- --- Kingpin (Wilson Fisk)
    Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme) --- --- ---
    Doctor Octopus (Classic) --- --- ---
    Gambit (Classic) --- --- ---
    Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) --- --- ---
    Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) --- --- --- Sandman (Flint Marko)
    Hawkeye (Clint Barton) --- --- --- --- --- --- Kate Bishop (Hawkeye)
    The Hulk (Bruce Banner) --- --- ---
    Iron Man (Mark XLVI) --- --- ---
    Jean Grey (Phoenix) --- --- ---
    Silver Surfer (Skyrider) --- --- ---
    Spider-Man (Back in Black) --- --- ---
    Spider-Man (Peter Parker) --- --- --- Vulture (Adrian Toomes)
    Star Lord (Awesome Mix Vol. 2) --- --- ---
    Steve Rogers (First Avenger) --- --- ---
    Thanos (The Mad Titan) --- --- --- --- Gamora (AM v2)
    Thor (Gladiator) --- --- ---
    Wolverine (Old Man Logan) --- --- ---

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I won't get any Hawkeye covers but I'm beyond happy she's finally rewarded for progression! I've been waiting a very long time to champ her
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lol literally the only 4 star that I have never pulled another cover for after I champed her.
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bummer, I need a blue, and am at 285. My broader question is why is this taking so long? Not sure what the challenge is on filling this out:

Archangel (Classic) --- --- --- Iceman or Cyclops
    Black Bolt (Inhuman King) --- --- --- Medusa (Inhuman Queen)
    Black Panther (Civil War) --- --- --- Black Panther
    Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff) --- --- --- Winter Soldier
    Daredevil (Matt Murdock) --- --- --- Kingpin (Wilson Fisk)
    Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme) --- --- --- Mordo
    Doctor Octopus (Classic) --- --- --- Miles
    Gambit (Classic) --- --- --- Rogue
    Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) --- --- --- Ghost Rider
    Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) --- --- --- Sandman (Flint Marko)
    Hawkeye (Clint Barton) --- --- --- Kate Bishop (Hawkeye)
    The Hulk (Bruce Banner) --- --- --- Totally Awesome Hulk
    Iron Man (Mark XLVI) --- --- --- Hulk Buster
    Jean Grey (Phoenix) --- --- --- Jean Grey
    Silver Surfer (Skyrider) --- --- --- Invisible Woman
    Spider-Man (Back in Black) --- --- --- Kraven
    Spider-Man (Peter Parker) --- --- --- Vulture (Adrian Toomes)
    Star Lord (Awesome Mix Vol. 2) --- --- --- Star Lord
    Steve Rogers (First Avenger) --- --- --- Sam Wilson
    Thanos (The Mad Titan) --- --- --- Gamora (AM v2)
    Thor (Gladiator) --- --- --- Thor 
    Wolverine (Old Man Logan) --- --- --- X23
  • Andre_Leca_89
    Andre_Leca_89 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    I won't get any Hawkeye covers but I'm beyond happy she's finally rewarded for progression! I've been waiting a very long time to champ her
    Hi it's been a long time 

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Andre MPQ said:
    Hi it's been a long time 

Yupp, you know I complain everyday in our alliance about Kate.  I feel like I'll never champ her
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So we now have our 2nd 5* that has a path from 2 * land yay.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Atlas Axe said:
    Bummer, I need a blue, and am at 285. My broader question is why is this taking so long?
    Because every time they do this they're giving away free 5* covers. They don't want to give away too many too quickly, both for our sake (too many free covers at once creates a bottleneck for advancing characters) and for theirs (they don't want to just snap their fingers and put a bunch of characters into the end-game, people need room to grow and advance because that's part of what gives them a reason to keep playing)
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hey, first of all, thanks - the 5* feeders are a really good thing.

Second, though, a request: Would you consider doing feeder rewards in reverse color order? I'm sure there's some folks who've been waiting for Hawkeye's purple, but hear me out.

This and Heroes for Hire are our only chances at targeted (non-MMR) 5* covers. Right now, both show up in top-down color order. That means if you're waiting on the second or, god forbid, third color for a Classic, you'll be waiting a loooong time.

Further, if you've got the first color covered - which you're most likely to (see above) - there's a good chance you'll get to experience the exquisite heartbreak of having to trash an unusable cover for an unddrcovered character. Maybe even repeatedly!

So whaddaya think, sirs?

(And if that's a hard no, howbout at least allowing cover swaps for those in this situation? Say, maybe for a week after the new rewards are introduced? Huh? Maybe? Huh?)
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As someone with a 4/0/4 Hawkeye, this makes me pretty happy. I'd be even happier if I had a few more levels on Kate to get that missing quiver of arrows power immediately, but it will come eventually.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hey, first of all, thanks - the 5* feeders are a really good thing.

Second, though, a request: Would you consider doing feeder rewards in reverse color order? I'm sure there's some folks who've been waiting for Hawkeye's purple, but hear me out.

This and Heroes for Hire are our only chances at targeted (non-MMR) 5* covers. Right now, both show up in top-down color order. That means if you're waiting on the second or, god forbid, third color for a Classic, you'll be waiting a loooong time.

Further, if you've got the first color covered - which you're most likely to (see above) - there's a good chance you'll get to experience the exquisite heartbreak of having to trash an unusable cover for an unddrcovered character. Maybe even repeatedly!

So whaddaya think, sirs?

(And if that's a hard no, howbout at least allowing cover swaps for those in this situation? Say, maybe for a week after the new rewards are introduced? Huh? Maybe? Huh?)
    No matter what they do, it will work well for some people and not for others.

My Hawkeye is 2/3/5, so I definitely want to start at the top.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Kate didn't seem to like me, I didn't get any covers for her for a long time. She's up to level 285 now so I guess it's one Hawkeye cover for me. Fortunately he is my highest fivestar champion at level 461, so that one cover will be useful.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Well, that takes my Hawkeye from a completely useless 1/2/2 to a slightly less useless 2/3/3.
    Better than nothing.

And if you keep up that pace of rolling out feeders, we'll catch up with the available 5s in no time!
    It's not like we're getting a 5 per season, and with one feeder per seas.... never mind.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

Well, that takes my Hawkeye from a completely useless 1/2/2 to a slightly less useless 2/3/3.
    Better than nothing.

And if you keep up that pace of rolling out feeders, we'll catch up with the available 5s in no time!
    It's not like we're getting a 5 per season, and with one feeder per seas.... never mind.

It's not quite as bad as all that - they average 1 5* every 5-6 weeks, and we're getting a new 4* feeder every four, so it's not as if we're standing still.  We're just moving forward very slowly.  I'm sure it will only take about a year to catch up...
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Atlas Axe said:
    Bummer, I need a blue, and am at 285. My broader question is why is this taking so long? Not sure what the challenge is on filling this out
    They can't just hand out 5 star covers.  Must milk everything
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm only 52,206 2* Hawkeye covers from finishing 5* Hawkeye now!
    That's about a week's worth of Moonstones. I love that you did the math on that. :D