EVENT End time PROBLEM

Options
MDsupa
MDsupa Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
I'll keep bringing this up since nothing really changes.

6-7 hours windows between last charge and end of event isn't acceptable.

Last night Hour of Revelation.  My options were to stay past 1AM PST or get up 5-6AM PST to finish the last charge.  It takes sometimes to finish all the nodes.  and event ends at 7AM PST.

Changing the time period doesn't work, because other time zones player will end up getting screwed.  Since it doesn't look like D3 going to separate players based on Time Zones, I propose that you extend the last charge regen vs the end of the event time.  10-12 hours.

Maybe have it so that the 2nd to last charge regen gets 2 charges instead of 1.  (moving the last charge to regen at the same time as the 2nd to last)

Some of us do have day time jobs to get up for.

Please consider finding solutions for this issue, it's been 1+ years that we trying to find the solution for this.

Thank you.

-Your Paying Customer.

Comments

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I empathize with this, as an 8-5'er myself.  A lot of my coalition crew has had similar complaints, costing them an opportunity to compete in the last charge...which in this game can make the difference between top 10 and top 100.

I'd be okay with a 9 or 10 hour recharge, a bit more slack time so we're not revolving our days around when we should log in next.  Make the game feel like more of a choice, not an obligation to prevent player burnout.

@Brigby, maybe something to consider?
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options

Different events close at different times due to players living around the world. I stay up for EC since it ends at 1am for me and the last charge is at 10pm. So If I want to place decently I have to stay up. Not really complaining because I understand why this is. HoR isn't a problem for me because I am always up before 5 a.m. and need to be at work by 7 am PST. I do get why this is an issue for some players ... but not every event should be tailored to every player time wise.

-Also a paying customer

• MDsupa
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:

Different events close at different times due to players living around the world. I stay up for EC since it ends at 1am for me and the last charge is at 10pm. So If I want to place decently I have to stay up. Not really complaining because I understand why this is. HoR isn't a problem for me because I am always up before 5 a.m. and need to be at work by 7 am PST. I do get why this is an issue for some players ... but not every event should be tailored to every player time wise.

-Also a paying customer

When an event affects your Coalition, it matters since it's not just you any more.    Solution i'm looking for has nothing to do with Tailoring the event to certain time zone.  Just give enough times for everyone to finish the event, doesn't matter which time zone.
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd be ok with rotating event times based on time zones. Everyone gets to have good and bad end times equally. 
  • AdriA
    AdriA Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    D3go kept changing the event times last year and once it was a problem to me but not anymore. Nevertheless, I sympatize with this big issue for players and we need a solution for everyone.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I haven't bothered playing Emrakuls Corruption for months as the last refresh is 11 at night for me and the event ends at 5 AM.  Sorry... I have young kids and am 100% unwilling to change my schedule for a game.  But at least it's not a coalition event

• tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This keeps coming up, and I'm not sure why it isn't fixed, it seems incredibly trivial. My proposal would be to drop the last charge and thus have 8+6 hours to play the now-last charge. These events are too long anyway in my opinion, it's hard to get around to playing all the nodes, especially on work days.
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was add my voice to this concern. It's a bit of an issue. I had to wake up at an ungodly hour to play my remaining nodes. 

Please implement a fix. Increase the window between the last refresh and event end.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This has been a complaint for a very long time, and I have to suspect part of why this doesn't work is that the events are likely timed to automatically refresh every time the clock ticks down. So if, for example, they took the current event with a node refresh at 1am and currently ending at 7am and extended the end time to 11am, I would think the vent would refresh another charge at 9am and then people would complain that they only have 2 hours to do that last one.

If I'm right, however, they could theoretically give up to an extra hour and 59 minutes and not risk having people get an extra charge in somehow.
  • Ekkias
    Ekkias Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    oibaf2000 said:
    Solution is simple in my opinion, remove charges by time (except for server wide event, ie boss maybe or max charges per "server" day)  ..you use max charges per event.  If the event is 2 days, then 1 charge per 8hrs=4 charges/day, thus you have 8 charges per node for the event. Up to you then when to complete them, if you don't by event ends..oh well...if you use all in the first day..so be it...but then i can go to bed at "normal time".
     Quoting this because it's really a necessary change for midweek events. Please @Brigby pass this feedback and suggestion along to the development team.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I prefer the "have 12 hours with no charges at the end" rather than "have all charges at once".

Having all charges at once sounds good, but it's a mental trap at least for some people.
    I'd end up going "no no, no rush, I can finish later" and wind up with 8 charges to do in 2 hours and it would be worse than now.
    But 12 hours free at the end where there _aren't_ new charges developing that is mentally freeing, that is space not pressure.
  • Furordraco
    Furordraco Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    +1 for this post. If you help us with RL we will help you by playing more and more willingly
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I heard there were issues with sniping events that the recharging reduces. However, oibaf's idea would have the same benefits. Nodes recharge at a rate of 3 every 24 hours. They'd just have to vary the number of starting charges, and make the max stored 5 charges per node. The boss events might need tweaking so people don't miss chances, but they already kinda need to be tweaked, it would just become more obvious.
  • Llorence
    Llorence Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Gilesclone said:
    I’ll say this again.  If they just gave every event 12 hours after the last charge it would give most people a window to finish while not missing sleep or work.
    +1

Gideon said:
    I agree with removing the recharge timer completely from all events. I want all of the charges at once and I’ll complete them at my own leisure before the event ends.
    +1
  • MDsupa
    Options
    Since I didn't read anything regarding this topic on the 4 part Blogs (unless I missed it).  @Brigby Can you please ask Oktagon what is their plan on this?  I had to stay up past 2AM again on Thursday morning because of the end time on the event.  Not good for people with regular working hours.  Extend the last charge to be 12hrs would help this.  
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It should be also applied to coalition boss events.
This discussion has been closed.