What is the Dev's plan for America's Chavez's COTT?

Phumade
Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
Assuming that she eventually gets rolled into the normal 4* rotation, can we get a comment on the planned match.

The shield training cp nodes are easy in the sense that we can use TU nukes to one-shot the AI.  But clash matches don't allow TUs.  and TBH  playing America chavez on match damage alone isn't very fun.

Comments

• Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Its not match damage alone. Its trying to make match 4s and trying to build ap higher than the opponent. Playing her solo would make her red better since she's tanking all colors. I think her clash would be fine as is
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    sigh,  they have a done a decent job of tuning matches when they put forth the effort.  but this is also the type of match that can be easily screwed up if they don't actually playthrough and practice.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    It'll probably against Loki.. his black will be useless but his green will stop your traps and AP gaining, and his purple will just be annoying. Overall he'd be the best one
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't understand why it's important for the Clash to be "fun". It's a single clear node that will come into play almost never based on the rotation schedule. Just beat it and move on.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Uh... put me in the camp that says it should be fun.

Honestly, I think it’ll be fine unless her opponent is She-Hulk... that would not not be fun.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    On match damage alone? She creates crits. You can boost color AND crit damage. And her red boosts her match damage too. I think match damage will do juuuust fine.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    From a player perspective, I intend to use the boosts that allow you to add a couple of aps for each color when you start the match. Because that should get you a head start on having more ap then the opp does in most colors.
    AP boosts are part of my plan for using her seriously as well. Also, because there's no AP outlet when she's solo, it's much easier to stay ahead of the enemy on AP in more colours. I think she might be up there with Patch and 3* Gamora on the "do not leave until last" list.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    What about plain old 3-star Hulk?  You'd be triggering his Anger with trigger just about every match...which would really fuel his abilities.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    She's tanking everything, so her red will go bonkers after a few turns. It'll be way easier than pre-fix Mr. Fantastic vs. Doom used to be. That nonsense was pure misery.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lol. Close enough :)

Hope I didn't make a mistake myself, that'll make me look really stupid.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    (1 + .3*20)*70 = 490

1470 damage per match 3

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hadronic said:
    (1 + .3*20)*70 = 490

1470 damage per match 3

That sounds more reasonable.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    The math is quite simple, but i think it makes more sense when you rewrite it this way.
    30% of 70 is 21
    multiply by 3 to get 63

each AP adds 63 damage to the match
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Devs...

Plan....

:D 

**Removed excessive spacing - Ducky
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I doubt they thought of it honestly.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    That looks right, but that’s an unboosted 270.  Add in a weekly boost, levels above 270, her critical tiles, attack tiles, match 4/5’s, and she could go nuts.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    If nothing else, this would be one of the matches that would answer the question asked in the thread "Could a 3-year old win at MPQ?"