Answers please regarding 13th cover HFH. Here's the situation:

There are about to be two red Peggy covers available around the same time: one from the 12 Days of Marvel event and the other in HFH when her Crash rolls around after Bucky and Flaptain.

My Peggy is currently at 4/3/4. The event progression cover will get her to 5/3/4. I would gleefully buy HP to purchase another red cover from HFH if that extra cover would then result in triggering the offer of a yellow or blue cover. I would obviously not want to buy the cover otherwise.

There have been questions and discussions on the forum already trying to figure out some method of predicting the conditions under which these extra offers take place.

Brigby, might it be possible to get the development team to pass on some details to the community regarding this, even if it's just to specify that they are trying things out and there is no way to trigger the offers consistently? Thank you for any information you can give.

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
     I'd be fairly hesitant to buy the extra red cover in the hopes it will trigger a secondary offer for a blue or yellow cover.

Yes, in theory that would satisfy what seems to be the most common trigger: a mix of 12 covers (5/3/4 in your case) with a useless cover dying on the vine (red in your scenario).

The issue is that the extra offer can be so hit or miss, you run the very real possibility of spending 3600 HP for what could end up being a useless cover, if the offer doesn't trigger. True, you'll get some extra resources in addition to the cover (which you could roster as a dupe or sell for 1000 ISO), but all of that is hardly worth 3600 HP.

Of course, even if it does work and you get the extra offer for a yellow or blue cover, that means you have to spend 7200 HP in order to make it work. Personally, I'd just feed her 120 CP for the final cover after you earn the progression from 12 DoC, if you want her champed that badly. Peggy is one of the few to be worth it. Much simpler and not gambling on an extra offer that may or may not materialize. 
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I wouldn't count on it.  I've had plenty of worthless medusa red covers come along while she sits patiently at 5/5/2.  Never received the hfh offer for her purple, which I would have taken at any point in the last 6 months. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    There are about to be two red Peggy covers available around the same time: one from the 12 Days of Marvel event and the other in HFH when her Crash rolls around after Bucky and Flaptain.

My Peggy is currently at 4/3/4. The event progression cover will get her to 5/3/4. I would gleefully buy HP to purchase another red cover from HFH if that extra cover would then result in triggering the offer of a yellow or blue cover. I would obviously not want to buy the cover otherwise.

There have been questions and discussions on the forum already trying to figure out some method of predicting the conditions under which these extra offers take place.

Brigby, might it be possible to get the development team to pass on some details to the community regarding this, even if it's just to specify that they are trying things out and there is no way to trigger the offers consistently? Thank you for any information you can give.
    Sorry, but I'm afraid the only information I have available to provide is that these are sale offers that players may encounter at times.
  • Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    I think it's pretty unlikely they'll ever give a straight answer for this.

They're using a psychological trap common in F2P games where discounts are intentionally offered with a shroud of unpredictably. Supposedly it encourages more impulse buys, because:

1) people are unsure if the deal will come up when they need it, so they feel compelled to buy it when they see it

2) when it does come up, it feels like you won something, which triggers your reward center and leading to future buying.

So it's actually in their financial interest to make this mechanic as opaque as possible. (You might have noticed they also do a similar thing with the HP deals.)

• huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    @JarvisJackrabbit

Are you able to hit 900 in PVP reliably?  Peggy Carter yellow should be the progression reward at 900 points in the Cyclops PVP coming up in 2 events.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Thanks @Brigby and @huktonfonix
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    Sandmaker said:

They're using a psychological trap common in F2P games where discounts are intentionally offered with a shroud of unpredictably. Supposedly it encourages more impulse buys, because:

1) people are unsure if the deal will come up when they need it, so they feel compelled to buy it when they see it

2) when it does come up, it feels like you won something, which triggers your reward center and leading to future buying.

So it's actually in their financial interest to make this mechanic as opaque as possible. (You might have noticed they also do a similar thing with the HP deals.)

It's unfortunate that the laws have not kept up on the times with stuff like this and that not everyone understands how this works.  You would think it would be bad for Disney to associate with a company that feels morally capable of prioritizing psychologicaly exploiting people for money over just providing decent entertainment for a decent value, but apparently that isn't case.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    moss04 said:
    Sandmaker said:

It's unfortunate that the laws have not kept up on the times with stuff like this and that not everyone understands how this works.  You would think it would be bad for Disney to associate with a company that feels morally capable of prioritizing psychologicaly exploiting people for money over just providing decent entertainment for a decent value, but apparently that isn't case.
    You check out America lately? "Morals" and "protecting the little guy" aren't too high on our priority list.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    moss04 said:
    Have you seen The Last Jedi yet? Disney is The First Order. Mickey Mouse ears are now worn by all storm troopers.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interesting.

My Gamora is at 5/5/2, and Rogue at 5/2/5. I have one Red Gamora cover in my queue, along with two Yellows and one Green for Rogue. That Red Gamora cover, and the two Yellow Rogue covers, expire in 4d 4h.

Just checked my HfH store: there's a Blue Gamora cover on offer, but no Red Rogue in sight.
    There's always only one of these special offers at one time. Buy and champ your Gamora (or sell the cover) and then when the next DDQ cycle starts, you should have the Rogue offer (if still pending)
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Daiches said:
    Interesting.

My Gamora is at 5/5/2, and Rogue at 5/2/5. I have one Red Gamora cover in my queue, along with two Yellows and one Green for Rogue. That Red Gamora cover, and the two Yellow Rogue covers, expire in 4d 4h.

Just checked my HfH store: there's a Blue Gamora cover on offer, but no Red Rogue in sight.
    There's always only one of these special offers at one time. Buy and champ your Gamora (or sell the cover) and then when the next DDQ cycle starts, you should have the Rogue offer (if still pending)
    I wouldn't guarantee anything. I (and many others) have reported having characters that would qualify for the offer, yet never receiving an offer when we were eligible for it. Sometimes the offer is there, sometimes it isn't.

And since the only official word we have basically says the same thing, I wouldn't try to get too bent out of shape if that Rogue offer never comes through. Try to hold onto those spare covers for as long as possible in case an offer does come through, but don't fully believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that you will get an offer either.

EDIT: I should clarify to add @Daiches is right about there only being one offer at a time. If you have the HP, definitely buy the G4mora offer to clear it out. That way, IF you get the offer again, it should be for Rogue (provided you don't draw any more covers for a different character that would also qualify them for an offer).
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interesting.

To add on what others have said, based on observations in the previous thread on the HfH offer, it seems like there's only one offer per 4* DDQ cycle, but like everything else that's pure speculation on the player's part.  There's a chance that if you buy Gamora that Rogue might be offered late in the next round of DDQ...but I wouldn't assume anything is true at this point.  

Personally,  I've only had offers about half the time it seemed like I should have had an offer, so it's all a big mystery...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Daiches @DarthDeVo @ZootSax Thanks for the clarifications! The main incentive for me to spend that 3600HP on Gamora is that she'll be boosted for EotS. Let's see if I can pull her from my Heroic 10-pack coming in tomorrow's daily drop...
    Do you have her as a favorite?
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    In these situations, I believe the game can sense your gumption if you heart Gamora at 5/5/2 and reward you justly.  I know for sure it can sense my fear and hesitation, so maybe also courage and moxy.  
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    This is clearly not a "given" deal. Anecdotal: I have been awaiting my 3rd Purple cover for Fury for as long as I can remember (haha), have a had a dupe cover multiple times (usually blue), currently have a yellow on the vine ready to expire tomorrow. Have never seen purple Fury in there for me yet.
    So, if you are lucky enough to get this deal, do everything in tour power to get it would be my vote.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed something strange - I got an offer for a Kingpin but I don't have a cover on the vine and he hasn't enough covers to champ anyway. Was he supposed to be the Crash instead of C4rol coming up?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I noticed something strange - I got an offer for a Kingpin but I don't have a cover on the vine and he hasn't enough covers to champ anyway. Was he supposed to be the Crash instead of C4rol coming up?
    He is offered due to SHIELD Training. You'll see Carnage is offered together with him for 7000 HP
    Ah! That will be it, thanks OJSP.