Forum Thread

13»

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not really close but am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

5* = None over base level (255) but two are max-covered (Daredevil and Gambit).  No interest in jumping into this tier of play.

4* = 50 champs, will be 51 in about a week (ME Hulk).  When that happens I will have 10/12 of the latest, 1/2 limited (Dino champed, Howard is 4/4/4), and 40/48 classics champed.  With the exception of Kraven (7 covers already) all my unchamped are at 10 or more covers.

3* = All champed except Angel (though hoping to have him champed next week by selling off some maxed 2s).  I'm rostering dupes and don't want to sell originals.  I have my first max-champ (Cap) and his dupe is at 13, but there are MANY more coming right behind him approaching 266 with a 13 cover dupe waiting!  So this is the tier I'm focusing on right now almost exclusively as it will need A LOT of iso.

2* = I once had three copies of everyone, one max-champ of each, but the farm has been decimated due to iso needed to champ 4s after chasing Gambit and DD.  I'm going to harvest whoever reaches 144 to champ ME Hulk and Angel.  So this tier will need a lot of iso love after those champs. I do have a level 137 Bag-Man and a 12 cover dupe though!

1* = Level 40 Juggs, cover-maxed level 1 Yelena (just because she's "limited"), and that's it really.  I have single covers of every other 1* because I went nuts during the roster sale and have like 30 open spots, lol.

I will "complete the game" when I am iso positive.  When a large glut of my 3s are duped (without selling the originals) and when I finish off the 4* tier, I will consider the game completed.  It is a long long way off, but I think it is possible.  Once I'm post-iso, I'll just champ new 3s/4s as released and soft-cap 5s as they come.  What a day that will be!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards

5* = None over base level (255) but two are max-covered (Daredevil and Gambit).  No interest in jumping into this tier of play.

4* = 50 champs, will be 51 in about a week (ME Hulk).  When that happens I will have 10/12 of the latest, 1/2 limited (Dino champed, Howard is 4/4/4), and 40/48 classics champed.  With the exception of Kraven (7 covers already) all my unchamped are at 10 or more covers.

3* = All champed except Angel (though hoping to have him champed next week by selling off some maxed 2s).  I'm rostering dupes and don't want to sell originals.  I have my first max-champ (Cap) and his dupe is at 13, but there are MANY more coming right behind him approaching 266 with a 13 cover dupe waiting!  So this is the tier I'm focusing on right now almost exclusively as it will need A LOT of iso.

2* = I once had three copies of everyone, one max-champ of each, but the farm has been decimated due to iso needed to champ 4s after chasing Gambit and DD.  I'm going to harvest whoever reaches 144 to champ ME Hulk and Angel.  So this tier will need a lot of iso love after those champs. I do have a level 137 Bag-Man and a 12 cover dupe though!

1* = Level 40 Juggs, cover-maxed level 1 Yelena (just because she's "limited"), and that's it really.  I have single covers of every other 1* because I went nuts during the roster sale and have like 30 open spots, lol.

I will "complete the game" when I am iso positive.  When a large glut of my 3s are duped (without selling the originals) and when I finish off the 4* tier, I will consider the game completed.  It is a long long way off, but I think it is possible.  Once I'm post-iso, I'll just champ new 3s/4s as released and soft-cap 5s as they come.  What a day that will be!
    I had a similar goal when starting to add, then champ, those 3* dupes. I really did not want to sell the originals at 266. But I just simply do not have enough ISO to go around. I'm still holding on to IM40, even though I've champed his dupe, but I sold off Grocket shortly after their PvP and Lazy Cap. Patch is two covers away from 266, and his dupe is already fully covered. I'll probably sell him, too. Hopefully the dupes will be able to stay at 266.

You are in a slightly better position than me in terms of 4* champs. I think I was maybe around mid to upper 30s when I started adding dupes, around 40 when I rechamped the dupes, early 40s when I decided to sell my first two. Maybe with less ISO pressure from your 4*s you'll be in a better position to hold on to your 266s.

It's kind of weird going through rechamping the 3* tier. And I don't much care for the HP drought that's starting to creep back in. The ISO drought is frustrating enough. I really wish I had pulled the trigger on the Asgard Treasure I had been contemplating during Digital Day. That would have come in real handy right about now. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:

I had a similar goal when starting to add, then champ, those 3* dupes. I really did not want to sell the originals at 266. But I just simply do not have enough ISO to go around. I'm still holding on to IM40, even though I've champed his dupe, but I sold off Grocket shortly after their PvP and Lazy Cap. Patch is two covers away from 266, and his dupe is already fully covered. I'll probably sell him, too. Hopefully the dupes will be able to stay at 266.

You are in a slightly better position than me in terms of 4* champs. I think I was maybe around mid to upper 30s when I started adding dupes, around 40 when I rechamped the dupes, early 40s when I decided to sell my first two. Maybe with less ISO pressure from your 4*s you'll be in a better position to hold on to your 266s.

It's kind of weird going through rechamping the 3* tier. And I don't much care for the HP drought that's starting to creep back in. The ISO drought is frustrating enough. I really wish I had pulled the trigger on the Asgard Treasure I had been contemplating during Digital Day. That would have come in real handy right about now. 
    Funny, my top leveled 3* are also Cap (266), IM40 (264), Patch (264) and Grocket (262).  All their dupes are at 13 covers.

I've ceased opening all tokens other than standards to slow down the cover influx.  I'm thinking by the time I work through the 3* dupe tier, I will have amassed quite the hoard of CP/tokens (on top of the 5600 CP I already have) to go after several new 4s at once while max-covering more 5s.  Of course then the iso hole will be there again, but I can open my Elites/Heroics I'm amassing to help with that as those covers will be all champ rewards.  This is my idea in theory, we'll see how it goes in practice.

Also, I luckily do not have to worry about the HP crunch because I am flush with roster spots.  I had a hoard of like 20k HP (and I'm basically free to play- I only very recently started the 2 buck a month intercept club).  I spent almost all of it on slots during the sale.  I have 32 extra slots I'm sitting on, and I think I have 35 dupes left to roster (and that includes low level people like Angel and Elektra that won't need a slot for a very long time).  So HP is not a problem.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Yes, I just recently completed Marvel Puzzle Quest (Whew! Please testify below)
    **Yes, I just recently completed Marvel Puzzle Quest (Whew! Please testify below)

I completed it in the loose sense of the word for anything to do with MPQ, early December.

8 5 stars champed. All 4 stars champed bar the latest 2. All three stars champed and on the 2nd or 3rd time around of champing. 2 star farm going. 1 stars being applied over and over and over…….

Got there after 4 years of playing. Took a break over Xmas and now I’m having trouble ramping it back up again. DPD and PVP to 900 is about all I do these days. I’d say its completed for me. More just a diversion now. Thanks for the entertainment MPQ.

• animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    No, but I can see how it will happen, just not sure when (Please share any revelations below)
    My answer has changed - I more or less had a goal in mind and an idea of how long it would take. However, I've been sidelined by life and forced off the hamster wheel of daily PVE/DDQ and grinding the next champ before covers expire and so on.

The freedom of my life back in so many ways means that I think that this has become not the game for me as there simply really isn't a dedicated block of an hour and a half to two hours straight that I actually have available to put in to the game on a daily basis and I don't see a way to "keep up" with the game AND stay off the hamster wheel. So I am not sure I will pick the game back up when life resolves itself. Which would mean I've completed MPQ - for me at least. This answer may change next week. lol.