R141 on iphone X [Fixed]

Comments

• Bleh5
    Bleh5 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    So... Devs are aware, but no timeframe for a fix? Do we really have to wait until the next scheduled update?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bleh5 said:
    So... Devs are aware, but no timeframe for a fix? Do we really have to wait until the next scheduled update?
    Sadly, we probably do, unless they decide this is so bad it requires an out-of-cycle patch.

It might be good to consider one, though.  This is only one player’s reaction, but my play time has already decreased sharply.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    This is against Apple’s app developer guide so i guess they’ll try to fix it asap.
  • Mercator
    Mercator Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    maybe a fix will be in r143 .. maybe, and its the holiday season so probably end of january

• Rykard
    Rykard Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    It all comes down to what percentage of players are on iPhone X. They're going to ask "Is it worth it to make everyone on iOS update when only a small percentage are affected be an entirely aesthetic bug?" 

I have an iPhone X, and I really would like to see MPQ get wrapped around the notch. However, I doubt they're going to hotfix us.

Do they have the ability to grant rewards to users based on the specific device they play on?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. I spoke with the development team, and a fix for this issue will be implemented in R142, if not sooner. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we will be sending out a gift to those who were affected, when the fix has been added. Thanks for your patience and understanding!
  • Rykard
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I spoke with the development team, and a fix for this issue will be implemented in R142, if not sooner. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we will be sending out a gift to those who were affected, when the fix has been added. Thanks for your patience and understanding!
    Hey Brigby,

Thanks for the update. Will this update stretch us back to the previous aspect ratio or will this be full iPhone X support?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, will MPQ stop interfering with attempts to open the control center, requiring us to pull down twice in the top corner?  I feel like this worked properly in R140 but also got broken in R141. 
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Why not sooner?!?
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Just to add on, the in game email to customer support hides the top row of typing. You have to add a first line carriage return to see it. Minor as things go but if it can be fixed as well it would be good. 
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby
    just installed R142. 

Black bars at top and bottom have just been coloured blue now. 
    But game screen is just as small and horrible as it was previously. 

1st line on email to customer support also still broken. 

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    gmp72 said:
    @Brigby
    just installed R142. 

Black bars at top and bottom have just been coloured blue now. 
    But game screen is just as small and horrible as it was previously. 

1st line on email to customer support also still broken. 

LOL.
    Hey, the screen is technically filled now.
  • Brigby
    Hi Everyone. This should have been fixed in R142. Here is a comparison of the screen for reference:

• gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Hi Brigby,

When the note said : 
    • The game window for iPhone X users have been updated to match the size of the phone
    I thought that meant the game would use the screen more effectively.

There are still unused bars at the top and bottom of the screen as your SS shows.

iPhoneX optimised apps use the entire screen.
    Certainly much more of the screen real estate than what is being used currently.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    Just curious. Owners of a iPhone X were promised a gift. Did they get it yet, and if so, what was it?
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Dogface said:
    Just curious. Owners of a iPhone X were promised a gift. Did they get it yet, and if so, what was it?
    I have not received anything.
  • Rykard
    It's certainly "better". But I definitely wouldn't call it iPhone X support.
  • Kross
    Kross Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Dogface said:
    Nothing yet.
  • Brigby
    edited December 2017
    @gmp72said:
    Hi Brigby,

When the note said : 
    • The game window for iPhone X users have been updated to match the size of the phone
    I thought that meant the game would use the screen more effectively.

There are still unused bars at the top and bottom of the screen as your SS shows.

iPhoneX optimised apps use the entire screen.
    Certainly much more of the screen real estate than what is being used currently.
    Hmm apologies. All I'm aware of was that the game screen would be reverted to its size in R140 and earlier. I'm not aware of if there were prior plans to adapt the screen size to take up more of the iPhone X's available screen "real estate"
    @Dogface said:
    We are currently still in the process of compiling a list of affected users, and then mass sending the gift to everyone.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 968 Critical Contributor
    "We are currently still in the process of compiling a list of affected users, and then mass sending the gift to everyone."

Does this mean you can see on which device we play?