https://imgur.com/a/dTz3G

and the combat screen doesn't show your opponents anymore ! see link 

//Edited Title -Brigby
Tagged:

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seconded.  It's really bad.  Huge swaths of negative space above and below the UI, in a way that makes it feel like I'm playing some years-old mobile game through an emulator.

From a user experience perspective, it really makes me want to get back out of the app ASAP, which is.... not great for engagement.
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Horrible on iPhone X. Playing in a small screen in the centre of the screen.
    You are going to optimise for iPhone X soon, right ?
  • Rykard
    Rykard Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yeah man. It looks like it's been downsized to fit an iPhone 4. And there are these lightly blue-ish opaque columns on the left and right side of the screen. 

"Merry Christmas! Enjoy your tiny game on your big fancy screen!"
  • Steellatch
    Steellatch Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    I can see in the black space a fade of the some of the framing going downward 
  • Dayv
    Options
    I think what happened is they didn't have anything written in the iOS version to format it for the new aspect ratio of the X, and they did the absolute least possible as a start, to get the currency totals to line up over the art (although they were more readable over the black space!) and things like that.  Some things may be lined up as intended now, but the overall UX is so much worse.

Rykard said:
    Yeah man. It looks like it's been downsized to fit an iPhone 4. And there are these lightly blue-ish opaque columns on the left and right side of the screen. 

"Merry Christmas! Enjoy your tiny game on your big fancy screen!"
    It feels as if I'm playing MPQ from a great distance.  Or with new, two-meter-long arms.  "Happy Xmas, you long-armed freak!"
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is also affecting me. Terrible, terrible experience.
  • darkestcurse
    darkestcurse Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Ick.  This is horrible now.  Affecting me too.
  • Dayv
    Options
    I made a gallery of before and after images.  Pay careful attention to the amount of black space above and below the game, that's all relevant.  Also, notice the smaller size of UI elements in the event selection screen, particularly.

Yes, some things line up as originally intended, but the overall effect is far worse.

Screenshot Gallery
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My wife and I both have X's and she did not update. It is a HUGE difference. 
  • FoxInSox
    FoxInSox Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    The user experience is absolutely horrible. It looks like an iPhone 4 app that hasn't been updated in 6 years and feels claustrophobic to actually use. Please test on iPhone X's before updating. 
  • Dayv
    Options
    FoxInSox said:
    The user experience is absolutely horrible. It looks like an iPhone 4 app that hasn't been updated in 6 years and feels claustrophobic to actually use. Please test on iPhone X's before updating. 
    I haven't checked, but it's almost certain that Xcode (standard Apple dev tools) contains an emulation mode specifically for the iPhone X display.  So they didn't even need to expense a phone for testing.
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Please fix this, the screen has been shrunk more than r140 and it makes the game look and play terribly. R141 is a fail on the best screen in mobile right now.
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I threw up on my  phone, marginal improvement. 
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was going to complain that there’s a bunch of wasted space above the health bars and pause icon on my iPhone SE.  I assumed they were leaving room for where the camera on the iPhone X divots into the top of the screen.  Maybe true, but I guess it’s not benefitting the X either. :tongue:
  • dash16
    dash16 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It's abysmal, a real step backwards.  R140 was decent on the iPhone X screen, but not optimal.  They went the wrong direction in R141 and made it even smaller.

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One more reason to be glad I didn't get one!
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    apple sux
  • Chenpion
    Chenpion Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I came online hoping there would be a thread about this. 

Latest update is terrible on the iPhone X. It's so tiny.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    j0nats said:
    apple sux
    This is obviously a developer issue, so take your fanboy crusade elsewhere please.
  • Sidlon
    Sidlon Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I’m a little curious what % of whales play on an X.