R140 Release Notes (11/20/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited November 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R140 update.

What's Changed:
  • Improved UI Element: The AP Bar
    • The bar has been updated to make the amount of AP required to activate powers more clear.
    • A tab has been added to the top left of the AP Bar that reveals how much AP each team has. This remains expanded until minimized by tapping the arrow above the bar again.
    • When AP is received, the amount of AP that is received is displayed above the AP Bar. When the bar is expanded, the AP is displayed in the expanded portion of the bar.
Collapsed AP Bar

Expanded AP Bar

On Enemy AP Gain

On Friendly AP Gain

• The Hulk (The Main Event)'s power Grand Entrance will end the battle normally if the resulting effect from the power results in the entire enemy team being downed.
  • Kaeculius can no longer take damage from Deadpool (It's me, Deadpool)'s power Whales, Whales, Whales
  • Characters that you own but do not meet the required level are greyed out in the roster select screen, instead of not being visible.
  • The tile in the tile tooltip no longer appears to be interactable.
  • Players who do not want to be signed into Play Games services will not be prompted to do so every time they log in.
*Updated to Final Release Notes. No Changes

Comments

• Anon
      Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      Interesting change. I look forward to it!
    • bluewolf
      bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      Nice QOL change (AP bar).  I look forward to trying it soon.  
    • Nabistay
      Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
      Options
      Brigby, does it allow you to spend the Deadpool points but gives no effect? Or will it stop you and say you cannot fire the power?
    • matthatter
      matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
      Options
      Does it reflective negative AP and passive AP gain as well or just from matches?

Like, Recharge, or Shapeshift, or Aggressive Recon? 
    • Basepuzzler
      Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
      Options
      Looks great!
    • Rick_OShay
      Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
      edited November 2017
      Options
      Does it reflective negative AP and passive AP gain as well or just from matches?

Like, Recharge, or Shapeshift, or Aggressive Recon? 
      Ha ha, good one. Oh wait, is that a serious question? Because the colored bars show AP gained toward using abilities.
    • Punisher5784
      Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
      edited November 2017
      Options
      This is awesome!! We've been waiting a very long time for this change to the AP bar. I hope one day we can also see the total values of strikes, attacks and protect tiles for both teams too. Overall thank you!
    • broll
      broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      I love the AP bar idea. Huge improvement based on the screenshots. 

No new character details again?  This time we don’t know who’s coming next. 
    • Jaedenkaal
      Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      broll said:

Loki, clearly. Why else would we need a bigger AP bar.
    • royalflush95
      royalflush95 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
      Options
      Finally!!! Kudos for the AP bar.
    • Deadsider
      Deadsider Posts: 81 Match Maker
      Options
      So now the mobile guys have a ofeature Steam users enjoyed for over 4 years.

Maybe now Steam users can get those free covers and things mobile users get, in promotions and facebook stuff right? =D
      Four more years maybe?
    • zodiac339
      zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      broll said:

The Hulk should bring us to the next character release on the 2-week cycle. The Hulk placement is Jean Grey, Psylocke, and Wolverine. I hope that is the character clue. All the X-Men! (Actually, just the one is what I really want)
    • jamesh
      jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      zodiac339 said:
      broll said:

The Hulk should bring us to the next character release on the 2-week cycle. The Hulk placement is Jean Grey, Psylocke, and Wolverine. I hope that is the character clue. All the X-Men! (Actually, just the one is what I really want)
      And we all know that Dazzler was a member of the X-Men.
    • Tenaciousdecaf
      Tenaciousdecaf Posts: 71 Match Maker
      Options
      I like this change. Imagine how much character art we could get back from showing the AP bar if they'd change the HP indicators from bulky crosses to horizontal bars.
    • Vhailorx
      Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
      Options
      A very welcome UI improvement that I have wanted for years.  Thanks demi.

Also, it's pretty clear from the context, but it might be a good idea to clarify that this change is for the mobile versions of the game.
    • DeNappa
      DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
      edited November 2017
      Options
      Ermahgerd.

Love the UI change. Been waiting that for a long time.

Hey @Brigby, I thought you said only fairly recently that no new UI changes were in the pipeline?

/edit:
      Found the comment . Okay, that's about 4 months old, but still.

Now I'm curious if anything like the special tile summary mentioned in @shatland 's original UI idea ( thread ) will ever see the light of day..? :mrgreen:
    • Brigby
      Options
      @DeNappa said:
      Ermahgerd.

Love the UI change. Been waiting that for a long time.

Hey Brigby, I thought you said only fairly recently that no new UI changes were in the pipeline?

/edit:
      Found the comment . Okay, that's about 4 months old, but still.

Now I'm curious if anything like the special tile summary mentioned in @shatland 's original UI idea ( thread ) will ever see the light of day..? :mrgreen:
      Who says we weren't already using it as a reference to begin with ;)
    • Brigby
      Options
      *Updated to Final Release Notes. No Changes
    • CNash
      CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
      Options
      Just played a match with the new AP bar. Overall feeling is positive - I've been wanting a way to easily track AP gains for a while now.

I have one question on its functionality, though. With the AP bar collapsed, whenever either team uses a power, the entire bar pops up briefly - presumably to show the updated AP totals after using the power. But this makes tracking AP gains when using powers which give AP (like IM40's Recharge) slightly harder - all you can see is the updated total, rather than a simple "3" (or whatever). Ditto for a power which causes board shake and cascades - the AP bar is activated and you're in "running total" mode rather than "AP gained" mode.

This is probably a minor niggle, and I'm sure after playing with it a bit more, I'll get used to it. :)