4* Elektra's Shadow Step does not destroy tile

akboyce
akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
Shadow Step: Elektra senses an attack coming and prepares to dodge into the shadows. She converts X random basic black tiles into Trap tiles. If Elektra would take damage, the damage is negated and a Trap tile is destroyed, generating AP and dealing X damage.

Expected:
After using shadow step and Elektra would take damage a trap tile is destroyed, Elektra gains 1 black AP, and the attacker takes damage

Actual:
After using shadow step and Elektra would take damage a trap tile is converted to a normal tile (not destroyed), Elektra gains no AP, and the attacker takes damage (at end of turn as reporte din another thread).

Platform: iOS (iPad Air 2)

EDIT: Left out the word black in the power description.

[Moderator edit: removed "or generate AP" from title.  OP has confirmed that AP generation is occurring. -Dayv]

Comments

• Fionsel
    Fionsel Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    As the trap tile can be any color basic tile, you would expect to get 1 AP of the color of the destroyed trap tile. Did you verify you didnt get any AP or did you just focus on black?
  • akboyce
    Sorry I left a word out of her description. X Random BLACK tiles. You are right that they could change color down the line but in my testing they did not change colors. I will edit the first post to include the color of the trap tiles.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hm.... both Elektra (Unkillable)'s and Elektra (Assassin)'s Shadow Step (Black) Powers are working correctly when I use them, so this may be due to the circumstances which you used them. Can you confirm if Thanos (The Mad Titan) was on the enemy team when you were using Elektra? Additionally, if you could provide any additional information about the makeup of the team (both yours and your opponent),  the condition of the board (screenshot would be best), and the mission or event which issue issue occurred on, that would greatly help determine what might be happening.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tombstone said:
    Hm.... both Elektra (Unkillable)'s and Elektra (Assassin)'s Shadow Step (Black) Powers are working correctly when I use them, so this may be due to the circumstances which you used them. Can you confirm if Thanos (The Mad Titan) was on the enemy team when you were using Elektra? Additionally, if you could provide any additional information about the makeup of the team (both yours and your opponent),  the condition of the board (screenshot would be best), and the mission or event which issue issue occurred on, that would greatly help determine what might be happening.
    @Tombstone when Shadow Step triggers, the description says it should -destroy the tile- not simply remove the trap. This has not happened for a really long time.
  • akboyce
    Sorry for slow response @Tombstone. It was in the Elektra required node in the PVE so definitely no Thanos. I was using Iron Man 5*, Teen Jean, and 4* Elektra. I forget who the opponent in the node was yesterday but I retested it on today's node against 3 goons (Spy, Spy, Soldier).  I also need to apologize because I was wrong about not getting the AP. I did get the AP but NOT from the tile being destroyed. I took some images to help.

Before:
    https://imgur.com/xqUPOaY

Note the 3 shadow step traps and the aoe purple tile ready to go off on enemy team. I match the yellow in top left corner and and no cascade occurs. The enemy's tile goes off and the trap tile on the far left triggers. Elektra takes no damage and I DO gain 1 black AP but the tile is NOT destroyed. (I also did not seem to gain the AP until my turn which may be why I thought I was not getting the AP before).

After:
    https://imgur.com/4wirkEU

Obviously since you DO get the black AP the severity is a little lower but the lack of destruction does mean she loses out on some cascades and lets face it Elektra needs all the help she can get. I did not test to see if this works the same way for 3* Elektra.

Hope this was helpful.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suspect this may have changed when a number of power that destroyed friendly special tiles (for example, Kingpin black and friendly countdowns) were changed from "destroying" those tiles to to "removing" them, which usually refers to converting them to basic tiles.  This change was largely done with the introduction of fortified tiles, so that these powers would not be increased in strength when operating on fortified tiles -- destroying a fortified tile removes fortification and leaves it unharmed, while removing it overwrites the base tile without affecting or being affected by fortification status.

Fortified traps are uncommon, but I believe they are possible.

If I'm correct, and this was intentional for that reason, the description just needs a text fix.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dayv said:
    I suspect this may have changed when a number of power that destroyed friendly special tiles (for example, Kingpin black and friendly countdowns) were changed from "destroying" those tiles to to "removing" them, which usually refers to converting them to basic tiles.  This change was largely done with the introduction of fortified tiles, so that these powers would not be increased in strength when operating on fortified tiles -- destroying a fortified tile removes fortification and leaves it unharmed, while removing it overwrites the base tile without affecting or being affected by fortification status.

Fortified traps are uncommon, but I believe they are possible.

If I'm correct, and this was intentional for that reason, the description just needs a text fix.
    I first noticed it in March, if this post I made then is any indication. Well after the introduction of Fortified tiles.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/61277/elektra-shadow-step-no-longer-destroys-trap-tiles#latest