Thanks for listening Oktagon/D3

Options
babar3355
babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
I just wanted to say thank you for listening to us an providing an event that was a variation of the same rotation over the past few months.  Hour of Devastation has some great prizes and with long refreshes and challenging battles it provides some good variety for individuals and coalitions.  Thanks for bringing this back.

I feel the need to also add that it could have been done better:  
A. We don't need 2 coalition events running on the weekend.  We mostly wanted a replacement for RotGP, not an additional contest.  Maybe something to keep in mind next time.
B. If you can't edit the planeswalker requirement without a patch perhaps you could offer the required PW for sale in the vault?  It is a great technique to get us to spend some of our hoarded crystals and it doesn't create that negative feeling many people had of not actually being able to compete.
C. If you can edit the planeswalker requirement without a patch that would be another good solution to not alienate a big portion of the playerbase and make it impossible to compete.

Regardless, thanks for listening and providing some variety

Comments

• babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I have concluded that they removed mythics and masterpieces from KLD packs anyway.  I opened 96 packs in the last 2 weeks for a total of 0 MP, 0 Mythics.

I am being facetious about the removals above, but if anything screams for the need for a pity timer.  

Based on analysis from Volrak's site, I literally laughed out loud when I read this accidental quip:
    "1 in 1 people get better drop rates".  I guess now I know what it feels like to be a 1%'er
  • Krishna
    Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    Options
    octal9 said:
    D) please put some older packs into the shop. I'm sure there are players that would like a shot at cards from BFZ, SOI, and KLD blocks. 

If Legacy Premium Packs were discounted (as their use is very limited), I think more people would take that shot.

I'm also glad that a past PW event came back around and would like to offer thanks to Oktagon, and agree with the suggested improvements.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    octal9 said:
    D) please put some older packs into the shop. I'm sure there are players that would like a shot at cards from BFZ, SOI, and KLD blocks. 

Seconded!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Thanks for all of the feedback! I'll be sure to compile this with the rest of the sentiment I have, and relay it to the development team this week.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I second, third and fourth everything in this thread. 

Really looking forward to HoD this weekend, but not with another coalition event running at the same time. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I concur with all things stated/suggested here.
  • Furordraco
    Furordraco Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jimpark said:
    I concur with all things stated/suggested here.
    i concur with the agreeing of @jimpark agreeing to the things stated here :D
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I concur with @Furordraco
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @Brigby I have always advocated for having more events as long as we don't run coalition events simultaneously.

Please review your schedule, HoD is PvP and would suit perfectly on the window left by HoR (maybe just start a day early).

Playing 2 coalition events as demanding as these simultaneously is such a intense experience that take all they fun we could have playing HoD as a exclusive event.

PS. Thanks for listening our requests, bringing back HoD is awesome and I can only thank you for that. The stage we are now is better than the old one but it would be a lot better if events were not simultaneous.
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Guys, so far Octagon discovered a method do add one specific event. Give them some additional few weeks to discover how to move events in schedule. 
    Sarcasm mode off.
    I agree, but I'd stay with HoD as weekend event and move rotgp to Tuesday ending on Friday. 
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    babar3355 said:

A. We don't need 2 coalition events running on the weekend.  We mostly wanted a replacement for RotGP, not an additional contest.  Maybe something to keep in mind next time.

This weekend, I made the decision to drop out of my own coalition which I created right from the beginning and simply stop playing.

There is no worse feeling than driving up on Saturday morning to visit my father, only to find out that I had to not only slog through 3 nodes x 5 charges of RotGP, but an additional 3 nodes x 5 charges of HoD.

This would have been a lot easier, of course, if I didn't have to rebuild all my decks from scratch all the time.

Since this game seems intent on forcing players to play the game at specific times and for specific amounts of times, instead of giving everyone the freedom to play at their own pace, I bid you farewell in the short term and potentially the long term.

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Have you considered the option of just picking your battles?

I've been missing events every week, which allows me to pick which ones I want to play.

Now when I play an event, I know I chose to play it, not because of some arbitrary schedule.

The increased event count has been excellent for me this way. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    Have you considered the option of just picking your battles?

I've been missing events every week, which allows me to pick which ones I want to play.

Now when I play an event, I know I chose to play it, not because of some arbitrary schedule.

The increased event count has been excellent for me this way. 
    I think that's the point of individual events -- however, it's different with coalition events. 

It's a lot of work to get to the top and stay there, and I think I can speak for probably the entire top 25 and most of the top 100 when I say that most of us show up and play together because we like our coalitions and our teammates -- every team has it's own requirements, some are casual, some are competitive -- but regardless, being part of that team is a choice one makes based on their desired commitment level -- staying in that team has largely become a choice one makes based on their individual relationships. 

Even my alt is sitting in the coalition it's in (outside of my alliance) because I like the captain of that team and asked him to make room for me. It's a casual coalition, but I felt bad this weekend when I just couldn't contribute to HoD because I had my main to clear and managed to clear my alt to progression only in RotGP -- I wish I could have done more for the team -- even though I know the captain is ok with the fact that I didn't. When only one event is running, I generally complete the event with both accounts.  

For many of us at this point in the game it's the same as preferring team sports over individual or visa versa. I played soccer (football for everyone else in the world) for 15 years. If we had a tournament with multiple matches in a weekend, I didn't just pick and choose which ones I wanted to play, I was part of the team and I played all of our team matches. 

So yes, picking and choosing is supposed to be the benefit of more events, but people choose to be on teams because they like the comradery that comes from coalition play -- having two coalition events at once makes people feel forced to play more events than they might want to, as to not let down their friends. 
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    @Brigby You really should run over to Oktagon and ask if they can add Elspeth to the PW offerings this week. It is a really bid deal if you simply can't compete because you don't have and CAN'T POSSIBLY GET a required piece.  

On the list of Brigby priorities this is a 10/10.  If the answer is no, that's fine.. as long as they know its a roaring fire of a request.

Very much this. At the very least, learn from the most obvious oversight.
  • Yawgmoth
    Yawgmoth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    I hope there's still time to fix important issues before the weekend.  Don't run ROTGP if there's HOD this weekend. Don't turn the game into a full time job.  And put Elspeth back in store for the time of the event so more players can buy her and participate.  That's how it used to work every time there was an event with a required planeswalker.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes, we’ve seen enough RotGP.  Give it a rest!  HoD will be just fine by itself 
  • NiftyC
    NiftyC Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Another vote for elspeth being available in the vault before the event. I’m even fine with the dual events</unpopular>. Just let me buy elspeth and compete for the top spots. 
  • Furordraco
    Furordraco Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
     no more Rotgp please its really exhausting...and it feels bad to not give it your all as its the main coalition event.