RotGP Challenge -- Single Planeswalker

Options
bk1234
bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hello fellow forum dwellers!

By request, I invite you to join me this weekend in completing the entire RotGP event with a single PW. I have done this with Saheeli, Koth, Nahiri and Aj1 so far and it is really fun, makes the event more interesting and forces me to step out of my comfort zone. 

Rules: You must complete all objectives, you do not have to use the same deck on every node, just the same PW. 

My choice this week is Dovin -- I will share my decks this evening when I start building. 

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Link to original thread. 

Comments

• Emanon2000
    Emanon2000 Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Sure... have people (mess) with their decks on a coalition event...  Founder and Co-Leader of another alliance/Moderator?

Completely inappropriate suggestion... by a Moderator/Leader...
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's optional, just for fun. If you don't want to play just don't do it. 
  • Emanon2000
    Options
    Okay... someone (else) pointed out to me why... I cleaned up my post... 
    It doesn't change the fact that this suggestion has a possible influence that should have never been suggested in the first place.
  • boopers
    boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Might be a fun challenge if it wouldn't sabotage our chances at higher coalition rewards. I doubt there are more than 5 coalitions that have enough top players to not have a negative affect on rewards. Perhaps suggest this for a non coalition event, like a legacy PVE single player event. 
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    Options
    This suggestion was born on another topic and people asked to be posted in a separate thread so others could get to know and have fun playing an event, that everybody is bored to death, in different way and find it fun again. 

• majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Jinx.. :P
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Sure... have people (mess) with their decks on a coalition event...  Founder and Co-Leader of another alliance/Moderator?

Completely inappropriate suggestion... by a Moderator/Leader...
    Full disclosure: Yes, my coalition is in TP9. Regardless, I maintain that I'm a neutral observer. I don't run to anybody's aid unless they're being unfairly treated.

Your notion that this post is an attempt to get an upper hand on any body is unfounded and absolutely ridiculous. I'm really disappointed with this community in general. The behavior shown in this thread is just an ongoing example. @bken1234 would be well within her right to delete this nonsense to clean up the thread and allow discussion to happen amicably.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here I thought you guys would rise to the occasion and get some friendly rivalry going on.

Of course the response must be ridiculous. I forgot which forum I was on.
  • Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options

With teammates we started stopwatching our games against 2.3 (yes 2.3, not 3.3 :-)

Of course this can lead to a missed secondary objective but introducing a bit of change and fun can motivate the troops. More fun -> more points

(now that sounds like I'm a cynical and manipulative leader....)

• wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Bken, thanks for the fun suggestion. I know the content around here has gotten a little stale, so spicing it up is not a bad idea.

I think it's unfair to assume a nefarious motive on bken's part. We're not all so suspicious around here.
  • Emanon2000
    Options
    Thésée said:

With teammates we started stopwatching our games against 2.3 (yes 2.3, not 3.3 :-)

Of course this can lead to a missed secondary objective but introducing a bit of change and fun can motivate the troops. More fun -> more points

(now that sounds like I'm a cynical and manipulative leader....)

Timing is awesome...  It is impressive to see how quickly people can go through the nodes.  For those that feel like the event takes forever ... it shows that the game CAN be played in a timely manner / within reason.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    Here I thought you guys would rise to the occasion and get some friendly rivalry going on.

Of course the response must be ridiculous. I forgot which forum I was on.

By one person, who probably enjoys a good conspiracy theory. Please don't think we agree with him as a whole. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Please keep all comments civil and on topic. Thank you!
  • WiLDRAGE
    WiLDRAGE Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was already using Elspeth in the majority of the nodes, so switching up a few of them isn't a big deal.
  • Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options
    WiLDRAGE said:
    I was already using Elspeth in the majority of the nodes, so switching up a few of them isn't a big deal.
    Elspeth could be hard to get all objectives for 3.2, no ? I'm thinking about using Nahiri 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WiLDRAGE said:
    I’ve done all nodes with Elspeth at one point or another. Glory bond is great for lifelink on Bolas — her downfall was on 2.2 where I killed too many creatures with her token ability.