So what's your Shield Rank Now?

Options
GrimSkald
GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok, just for fun.  The new system has just been put into place.  Whatcha get?

So what's your Shield Rank Now? 123 votes

125 or below, same as before
73%
brisashiDormammuGuntherBlobelakboyceCoppsDragon_NexusKolencesinnerjflLegallyUndeadkillercoolwymtimeDeNappaDartmaster01MaskedManTiggidad1amonddawgsnlf25swordfishdataStevO-Jalaeth 90 votes
126 - wow! One Level! Is my timing good or what?
2%
Moon RoachGrimSkaldLFChikarason 3 votes
127-130 - Still pretty recent
6%
YasururixmithRemoDestroyerfmftintfrachrjcarrey4pheregasAlexxKats 8 votes
131-135 - Passed 125 a bit a go
4%
xKOBALTxbabinrodanielrandkaiwestnyy2Avalanche Kincaid[Deleted User] 6 votes
136-140 -
6%
DayvColognoisseurBowgentledr tinykittyloveDaichesThe rockettAkarirazor14 8 votes
141-150 - Well then, this is nice.
4%
PhumadeStax the FoyerSm0keyJ0eOldManWolvsLifeofAgony 5 votes
151-160 - Milliyuns and Milliyuns of Iso
0%
Carnifexx 1 vote
161-175
0%
ursopro 1 vote
176-199 - I've been waiting for this for a loooong time....
0%
LLohm 1 vote
200 - Aaaand now I'm stuck again (is anyone actually here?)
0%

Comments

• GrimSkald
    Options
    I got.... one level!  I hit 125 about three weeks ago.  I'm like 99% of the way to 127 though.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,624 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was 118 before the update. I pulled everything, but didn't cash them in. After the cash in, I'm 119, but I was very close to that anyway. So, no real change for me.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been hoarding covers since the announcement, and I spent all my CP (about 250) on classic tokens yesterday.  All that put me at SR 107.  Applying all those covers today (about 60) put me about 1/3 of the way to 108..... nothing exciting
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    136-140 -
    Only a half level lower than what I expected. Almost 1 million ISO and still 5,3 million ISO left locked in rank ups. The future is bright.

if there was still a way to earn Xp for actually PLAYING THE GAME.

sigh..
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    136-140 -
    140, got a million iso to add to my 900K.
  • TheZeusBear
    TheZeusBear Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lvl 99 still.
    Have seen 3 people so far to hit level 200.
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Daiches said:
    Only a half level lower than what I expected. Almost 1 million ISO and still 5,3 million ISO left locked in rank ups. The future is bright.

if there was still a way to earn Xp for actually PLAYING THE GAME.

sigh..
    Shield rank is now supposed to represent progressing through the game. Playing without progressing shouldn't increase rank, and now it doesn't (except for farming/flipping I suppose).
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm below 125 but not exactly same as before.

Before I opened 100+ HTs, 68 EotS, 63 Tacos, 203 LTs I was just barely over 108.
    After opening those and starting this morning I was 108.5.
    After applying most of the 555 on the vine (haven't touched 1*s have a lot of 2*/4*s I might be able to save if I champ in time) I'm now 110.5.  That's a lot of XP in one go.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    broll said:

Before I opened 100+ HTs, 68 EotS, 63 Tacos, 203 LTs I was just barely over 108.
    After applying most of the 555 on the vine (haven't touched 1*s have a lot of 2*/4*s I might be able to save if I champ in time) I'm now 110.5.  That's a lot of XP in one go.
    What made you decide to empty your hoard before Thor? Rather have Spider-Man?
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got one level from using hoarded covers... :D
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    136-140 -
    137 and two-thirds to 138.  I honestly didn’t know what level to guess I’d get.  800,000 ISO in one lump?  I’ll take it!   Champed Invisible Woman, Professor X, and Wasp, all of whom had one cover pending, so that’s nice.  Also champed 2* Torch for PvE, finally making progress on the 2* farm after burning it to ash this summer.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Still sub 125.  But I'm happy with my growth - my 5s are coming along nicely, and I have almost all the 4s (and below) championed.

There are a couple of people in my chat groups who have reached 200 - but they're not forum members... (I don't think?)

But we all figured they would be - multiple 550s and heavy 500+ 5* for all except the newest.

I cannot even fathom the amount of money some people have spent on this game...
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    127-130 - Still pretty recent
    Was about 1250 XP short of 125. Cashed in hoard of about 200 Elites + 400 Heroics before the change. Applied the covers after the change. Got to about 127.5. My ISO didn't really change as all the pulls fully covered several duplicate 3*s who I then champed. Cycled the 2* farm which generated more 3*s which generated more Heroics which generated more pulls...

It was fun cashing it all in, but it didn't improve my roster as much as I had hoped. Several new duplicate 3* champs to generate rewards, around 15 LTs added to the LT hoard from 3* and 4* champ level rewards, my BH Groot got a few covers to move up to 314 (does that make him Groot Pi?).

But the biggest relief is no longer feeling like I have to hoard those Elites and Heroics to avoid going up levels in case the XP gains were going to be lost above 125..
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    136-140 -
    I hit 138, got a cool 870k iso, and proceeded to spend it all immediately. I'm broke!

How come the 136-140 tier has no subtitle? I feel gypped.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Still at 81!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    broll said:

What made you decide to empty your hoard before Thor? Rather have Spider-Man?
    3 things;
    • Spiderman is my favorite and I wanted to get a lot for him even if he wasn't top tier.
    • I have been getting antsy and loosing my hoarding resolve.  I've done like 4 mini cracks lately and it was seeming unlikely I was gonna make it to 300 anyway.
    • I wanted to double dip on the XP was the final straw to get me to pull.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Well, since I started hoarding just about everything after hitting 125 a whole week ago, I'm now at 125.8.

Let me process the 386 covers en queue and get back to ya ... :D
    You pulled those tokens before the change in systems I hope? ><

Edit - typo
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    Was 118 before the update. I pulled everything, but didn't cash them in. After the cash in, I'm 119, but I was very close to that anyway. So, no real change for me.
    That’s right where I am too. A bunch of tokens used last night, just below 118, then Champ levels, powers applied, and freshly champed duplicate Patch (already 174, thanks to all the backed up covers), and I’m 3/4 the way to 120. Another plus, LT pulls got my first black Gambit(5), putting him at 5/3/1, and decent on his required mission. Hawkeye and Black Bolt are a big help there too.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm just shy of 121.
  • GrimSkald
    Options
    Akari said:
    I hit 138, got a cool 870k iso, and proceeded to spend it all immediately. I'm broke!

How come the 136-140 tier has no subtitle? I feel gypped.
    Sorry, I kind of ran out of ideas. :)  How about "Oh, hey!  That's a decent amount of Iso..."