MtGPQ Sneak Peek: November 2017 Edition *Updated (11/23/17)

Comments

• octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby this weekend is both RGP and HoD? Am I reading this correctly?
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby Thanks for the update. Those kinds of mistakes happen, and it would be great to have this info come out earlier to avoid the rampant speculation and negativity the last three weeks.

Now: Will this weekends Hour of Devastation be a coalition event?
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    And importantly, will we actually need to have Samut or are they removing the PW locking restriction.  Quite a few players don't have Samut and it doesn't look like she is in the vault.

• rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Thank you @Brigby, I see that the next monday we have only 2 events instead of 3.

Also, as this week, we have one event starting in tuesday and one in wednesday. 

I think this schedule for the next week is much better than the previous one.
  • Quadro
    Quadro Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Hello, I noticed that there are no spoilers for IXALAN cards, that were promised for November. In your press announcement for Oktagon replacing Hibernium, states that there will be ixalan cards in November. When will they be implemented? 
    Hope you guys will keep your promises. 

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @octal9 said:
    Brigby this weekend is both RGP and HoD? Am I reading this correctly?
    Yes, that's correct.
    @majincob said:
    I wish this was in a calendar format, lots of data to parse - a graphic would make it much better.
    You should see the info I have to go through  :D  On a more serious note, I'll see what I can do about adding a visual aid.
    @tfg76 said:
    Brigby Thanks for the update. Those kinds of mistakes happen, and it would be great to have this info come out earlier to avoid the rampant speculation and negativity the last three weeks.

Now: Will this weekends Hour of Devastation be a coalition event?
    Not going to get too into it, but the scheduling was a bit in flux, because Oktagon has been working on content for the Anniversary.

When it comes to Hour of Devastation, I believe it will have coalition rewards, but not necessarily be a coalition event, like Return of the God-Pharaoh.
    And importantly, will we actually need to have Samut or are they removing the PW locking restriction.  Quite a few players don't have Samut and it doesn't look like she is in the vault.
    I don't believe there were any changes to that event's structure
  • Brigby
    @majincob said:
    Brigby I'm still confused. If it has coalition rewards, then it is a coalition event. At least that's how it has been historically. Also your statement on whether players need Samut isn't clear.
    It's not restricted to only players in coalitions. That's what I mean by it not necessarily being a coalition event like RotGP (although I will concede that it would probably be more concise to have said "Coalition Challenge" instead)

And yes, players will need Samut to play the top node.
  • Brigby
    *(11/13/17) Brigby - Updated Single-Player and Multiplayer events
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Again?

At the risk of being labelled as a whimp, the 3 day high-pressure high-reward events are exhausting to play.  It works so much better when there is a break of a few weeks in between them.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Were you around when high-pressure high-reward events were weekly? And even bi-weekly?
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    I remember when we'd have 4-5 coalition events per week. Often two running concurrently. No deck slots. Those were the days.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Were you around when high-pressure high-reward events were weekly? And even bi-weekly?
    Yes.  And I hated it.  Waking at 2 in the morning to "race" for a last charge.  It sucked ***.

I find the game much, much more enjoyable with the "top 50 is fine" current approach to events.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby: I don't mind having another HoD event this weekend but PLEASE don't run it simultaneously with Return of the God-Pharaoh. That is way too demanding.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby can we just put RotGP to bed?  People are sick of the grind.  It doesn’t end until Monday or Tuesday, interfering with work and sleep.  I’m sure our coalition isn’t the only one with people sitting this out or not going beyond progression.
    We have been stuck with this for months now.  Enough already!
  • HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby can we get a schedule update before Thanksgiving? Thank you!
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor