R138 Release Notes (10/23/17)

Options
2»

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They nerf gambit already? Kind of sucks if he pretty much is just a non playable cpu
    This change should make Gambit more powerful on defence.  If I'm understanding it right, if another team member had a red or purple power, the AI would randomly choose between the two.  If it chose the non-Gambit power, it would be blocked and the AI would repeat this next turn.  Now it should just pick Gambit's power and fire reliably.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anon said:
    5* Hela incoming?

Or rather 4* Hela and 5* Thor?
    I would like to see Hela in game, but I think 5* spot is for Thor since other avengers are already there.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    Brigby said:
    New Thor Ragnarok character and events!
    Presumably this cryptic clue is for the Dazzler character release?
    Ragnarok is the Viking name for the end of days. The movie End of Days starred Arnold Schwarzenegger who also played a time traveling terminator. Time travel was the theme of the Xmen movie Days of Future Past where Wolverine traveled to the era when disco was beginning to rise in popularity. Dazzler.
    You guys have a lot of faith in these clues being complex.

The Doc Ock clue was "Stop me if you've heard this one" because stop signs have 8 sides like how octopi have 8 legs.
  • murmit
    murmit Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017
    Options
     :s:s:s  dazzler makes me sad.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Updated to Final Release Notes. No Changes.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Icon changed. Hulk, Thor, and Loki.

Neat.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Anon said:

Neat.
    The load screen uses 3* Loki art though, which means we're either not getting a 4* Loki, or they're hiding the reveal.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anon said:

Neat.
    The load screen uses 3* Loki art though, which means we're either not getting a 4* Loki, or they're hiding the reveal.

When GotG featured on the splash earlier in the year we were graced with 3* art for both Grocket and Gamora until those new characters were revealed. I would suggest that Loki's presence on the screen (and app Icon) indicates that we're getting a Loki variant too.

I think the other potential is that Loki is on the splash screen now because we're getting an all new villain and the devs don't want to reveal who it is just yet. There's a new character Icon thrown into the loading rotation, so I wouldn't discount that as a possibility.

• TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When I try to get into the app on my iPad I get the message that a new update is available but when I click on OK to get to the app store there is no update button. 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anon said:

Neat.

When GotG featured on the splash earlier in the year we were graced with 3* art for both Grocket and Gamora until those new characters were revealed. I would suggest that Loki's presence on the screen (and app Icon) indicates that we're getting a Loki variant too.

I think the other potential is that Loki is on the splash screen now because we're getting an all new villain and the devs don't want to reveal who it is just yet. There's a new character Icon thrown into the loading rotation, so I wouldn't discount that as a possibility.

I didn't remember that! And that's good news, Loki is one of the few variants I've actually been hopeful for.

I'm not against variants, I just like it best when they reflect notable differences besides just appearing in different star levels, and as of yet we only have one Loki in the game (and I'm a 4* player so I never use him unless he's required.)
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If we don't get Hela, is there any chance we can get Loki's BFF Leah?
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If Hela's coming into the game and she isn't 5* then MPQ might as well pack up and go home forever.
    She only has to touch you and your dead.  :D
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If Hela's coming into the game and she isn't 5* then MPQ might as well pack up and go home forever.
    She only has to touch you and your dead.  :D

What if she's a boss in a boss battle? Would that be acceptable?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They are missing an opportunity if his name isn't Green Scar (Hulk).
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    I would like to see Hela in game, but I think 5* spot is for Thor since other avengers are already there.
    If we see Hela, I expect it would be as a boss event.