Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited October 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R138 update:

MPQ 138!
New Thor Ragnarok character and events!

What's Changed:
  • Tapping on a token in a store offerings, Heroes for Hire offer, Champion Rewards, or other places in the game will display the contents of that pack.
  • Gambit will always fire his powers if he has teammates that shares the same colors as him.

Comments

• shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    even if he doesn't have that power?  ie: is this a fix to the 0/0/5 gambit?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    even if he doesn't have that power?  ie: is this a fix to the 0/0/5 gambit?
    How can he fire powers he doesn't have?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    He wasn't firing powers when his teammates had more expensive powers, I guess this fixes that.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:

MPQ 138!
    New Thor Ragnarok character and events
    Character (singular) and events (plural). Most expected character is 5* Thor to bring him in line with other MCU Avengers. 4* Loki, Valkyrie, or Hulk (Gladiator?) are next most likely. If 5*, then Boss event (Hela?). And new story? String of Thor character PVP?

Oh, since it’s inevitable, something, something, something, anagram, Dazzler confirmed.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Gambit needed to be buffed, thank God for this.
    Well. It's only the AI 'version' at least. Although I guess that's all you see when you're not running him yourself.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My guess is we're getting a 5* MCU Thor (specific to 'Ragnarok,' so with short hair and probably no Mjolnir.) If we get more characters past that, I'd be very surprised if one of them wasn't a 4* Hulk, also specific to the film (but maybe 'Planet Hulk'?) This would also be a good opportunity for a 4* Loki, which would be nice. Although there could be a new character instead. As noted above, Valkyrie would be an option.
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Eh, we'll know elsewhere before we ever find out here...
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Touche
  • zodiac339
    Options
    Considering Cat 5 is listing Fury and Crash of Titans wasn’t updated, I guess I can’t argue.
    (Thursday, November 2nd rolls around) Alliance alert! Unannounced boss event just started! Everyone get on now!
    Oh, hey! Final prizes are Unworthy Legendary Tokens. I guess it was 5* Thor after all.
    Forum fills up with half the people complaining and the other half going, “I’m actually used to it now.” And a couple people complaining it wasn’t Dazzler.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Considering Cat 5 is listing Fury and Crash of Titans wasn’t updated, I guess I can’t argue.
    (Thursday, November 2nd rolls around) Alliance alert! Unannounced boss event just started! Everyone get on now!
    Oh, hey! Final prizes are Unworthy Legendary Tokens. I guess it was 5* Thor after all.
    Forum fills up with half the people complaining and the other half going, “I’m actually used to it now.” And a couple people complaining it wasn’t Dazzler.

It's not going to be Dazzler?!?  I'm sure I've seen her mentioned on IMDB as being in the movie.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    zodiac339 said:

It's not going to be Dazzler?!?  I'm sure I've seen her mentioned on IMDB as being in the movie.
    She's in the Collectors collection. He's a big Disco fan, who knew?
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They are spoiled for choice with tie-in characters (when will MCU Loki appear?!), but personally I think Valkyrie is the lead contender - probably as a 4*.

Whilst I avoid spoilers, she seems to be the break-out character and there's not a lot of super female characters to choose from between Guardians movies.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options
    They nerf gambit already? Kind of sucks if he pretty much is just a non playable cpu
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Options
    They are spoiled for choice with tie-in characters (when will MCU Loki appear?!), but personally I think Valkyrie is the lead contender - probably as a 4*.

Whilst I avoid spoilers, she seems to be the break-out character and there's not a lot of super female characters to choose from between Guardians movies.
    I would love Skurge because it's the only Thor comic arc I'm familiar with, and it's hella great.

.... <ducks>
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    5* Hela incoming?

Or rather 4* Hela and 5* Thor?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It should be Korg.  Anyone who can get away with what he says in a Disney movie should definitely be a 5*.
  • zodiac339
    Options
    I expect 5* Thor accompanied by SHIELD Training to get a free Thor cover.. you just need to get him to level 400 plus have 4* Thor and 3* Thor max champed. Tokens will be available for 25 CP at the Gladiator Store for 5% chance at his 5* covers and 10% for 5* Bruce Banner. Enjoy!
    It’s nice to see that your hope hasn’t completely died.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    New Thor Ragnarok character and events!
    Presumably this cryptic clue is for the Dazzler character release?