Various Powers pulsing as if sufficient AP is available to fire, but nope

Options
JSP869
JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
I recently Championed G4mora so I've been running her with R4G in Iso-8 Brotherhood. I don't know if it's anything to do with G4mora's powers or just a random glitch, but I've noticed occasionally after using one of her powers (not 100% positive it's the same power causing the glitch) that the AP bar for one or more other character's powers will pulse, as if I have sufficient AP to fire that power, but when I tap their character button I don't actually have enough AP. I go back to the game screen, and the bar is still pulsing.

It's not anything I can reliably reproduce, and it's only a visual bug and doesn't affect the gameplay, although it could lead me to not firing a power because I'm foolishly ignoring the pulsing instead of checking if I do actually have the AP.

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, this happened to a few of us a while ago. Never did hear any more about it.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have found a case where I can reliable reproduce it:

Cloak and Dagger's purple power.  It costs 6 AP.  If there are enough Black/Yellow tiles on the board, it only costs 3.

Scenario:
    I have at least 3 purple AP but less than 6 (so 3, 4 or 5 purple) and there are 10 black tiles on the board.  The power costs 3 and blinks.  I make a "match 5" out of the black tiles.  After the board settles, there are now 7 black tiles (Cause some fell onto the board).  The purple power re-adjusts itself to cost 6 (so I don't have enough to fire it), yet it still pulses like I do (and it is still my turn).

• Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    this happens to me when Baby Groot will make matches for me. any match he makes gives the ap then the skill bars pulse.
  • 10_EFX_01
    10_EFX_01 Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    Must be a bug, I noticed it as well and thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Using Gamorph4 blue stun and then seeing it still pulsing makes me a happy boy. Then notice I only have 3 blue AP while pulsing...hmmm I'm sad now.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I noticed this a few times during the Venom Bomb event:
    1) Using Medusa/C4pt. Marvel/4*Grocket vs. 2*Daken/1*Venom/Random Symbiote
          At one point C4pt Marvel's Black, Medusa's Purple, and Grocket's Blue were all flashing, but none were full
    2) Using 5tar Lord/Medusa/4*Grocket vs. Doc Ok/Sandman/Venom (3rd 5* required node)
          After 5tar Lord was down his purple was flashing, but it wasn't full (plus he was down!)
    3) Later in the same match from #2, 5tar Lord was still down, and his purple was full and started flashing again. I made a yellow match-5 and it stopped, but after the other team's next turn (only Sandman left at this point) it started up again

Neither of the matches had characters that change the price of abilities, which is what some have described happening with C&D's purple.

I have screen shots of all of these, but don't know how to upload here.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I see this a lot when using 5* Hulk (I'm a masochist sometimes), after he transforms.  Sent a screenshot to support.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dayv said:
    I see this a lot when using 5* Hulk (I'm a masochist sometimes), after he transforms.  Sent a screenshot to support.
    Encountered that myself. After Hulk makes his auto-match, no matter what colors its in, 2* Storm's powers start flashing as though they had enough AP to be used. Storm was in the "first" position.
  • Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    After the bars fill up and a power is used, the bars continue to pulse as if it has enough AP to use it again. 
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nightcrawler on the left, 5* Starlord center, 4* Rocket and Groot on the right. Starlord gets full yellow so his power starts flashing. Nightcrawler red also start flashing as well, even though it barely had any AP.

Not nearly the biggest concerning bug, but I thought I'd report it. Also, I ended the match with a match 3, so I didn't actually try to see if the red would fire or not. If it fires in this case, its a much larger issue.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    That's a Rocket & Groot issue, not a Nightcrawler issue. Happens when Groot makes a match for you, it seems to me. Banner does this as well.
  • Dayv
    Options
    That's a Rocket & Groot issue, not a Nightcrawler issue. Happens when Groot makes a match for you, it seems to me. Banner does this as well.
    It's a broader issue than any of those.  I've seen it with other characters as well.  It might have to do with any skill changing from one to another?

[Moderator note: I'm merging a few threads on this issue.]
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey guys, just finished talking with the rest of the team, and this appears to be a known issue with generating AP through tile matches before matching during your turn (i.e.: Thor (Marvle Now!), Thor (Modern), Nightcrawler (Classic), ect). While the power does not immediate start flashing when you receive this generated AP, it should start flashing the moment something else happens, like using another power or making a match on the board. You can still use these powers, even if they aren't flashing before opening the hero's power options. Hopefully this helps settle any confusion regarding the issue. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Tombstone said:
    Hey guys, just finished talking with the rest of the team, and this appears to be a known issue with generating AP through tile matches before matching during your turn (i.e.: Thor (Marvle Now!), Thor (Modern), Nightcrawler (Classic), ect). While the power does not immediate start flashing when you receive this generated AP, it should start flashing the moment something else happens, like using another power or making a match on the board. You can still use these powers, even if they aren't flashing before opening the hero's power options. Hopefully this helps settle any confusion regarding the issue. 
    Tomb the problem is that even powers that don't have enough AP to be fired start flashing.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tombstone said:
    This is the opposite of what I think most are experiencing. You describe an issue with full power bars that are not flashing. The OP and several others are reporting flashing bars that do not have enough AP to fire.

Is it the same bug? So AP gained before the player makes a move will cause powers to flash when not full, AND not flash when they are full?
  • Dayv
    Options
    Yeah, for example you might have a 10 AP skill and only 5 AP, with the AP bar correctly showing only half full, but it pulses as if it were ready to use.

Thankfully, it is a purely visual bug, the power can not be triggered until you do have the correct AP.

Also, in a possibly related issue, I have seen this happen on the turn that 5* Bruce Banner turns into the Hulk, where not only were his skills pulsing as if they were ready to use, but the color of the skills did not update from Banner's blue and black to Hulk's green and red.  I have provided screenshots of this to support.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ah, my apologies for the mistake everyone, it seems I was confusing one issue for another. Looking into this, it seems that the issue is caused because The Hulk (Bruce Banner) doesn't generate AP with his matches. As Davy already pointed out, this is another purely visual error. I again apologize for the mistake on my end, hopefully I hadn't caused too much confusion. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Tombstone said:
    Ah, my apologies for the mistake everyone, it seems I was confusing one issue for another. Looking into this, it seems that the issue is caused because The Hulk (Bruce Banner) doesn't generate AP with his matches. As Davy already pointed out, this is another purely visual error. I again apologize for the mistake on my end, hopefully I hadn't caused too much confusion. 
    Although, baby Groot's matches also cause this issue, according to the OP.
  • Dayv
    Options
    And I'm pretty sure I've seen it without either of the automatic matching characters in play, @Tombstone -- I only meant to indicate that The Hulk seemed to be an even more severe version of this.

Fellow players, let's get some screenshots of different teams this has happened with, preferably with the pulse on an incomplete AP bar visible.