Nightcrawler, you're bonkers!

Options
So now I got to try Nightcrawler out.
He's bonkers.

His purple will generate lots of tiles in the most common board color. In my case purple was most common. So Nightcrawler created more purple. And I got 3 match-5 straight away, and enough AP to trigger the skill 8 (eight!) more times the same turn resulting in endless cascades and an almost completely purple board. When the last enemy died I had 30 purple AP. There's no stopping this guy. Bamf!
Is he broken?

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's maybe the only instance he can be argued as OP. His red has a condition of needing 10 AP in your strongest color for the bonus damage, and his blue isn't even AoE. There are 2* characters with better powers than his blue power. I'm pretty disappointed that one of my favorite characters is one of the worst 4*s to come down the pike in awhile.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    mexus said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    It's maybe the only instance he can be argued as OP. His red has a condition of needing 10 AP in your strongest color for the bonus damage, and his blue isn't even AoE. There are 2* characters with better powers than his blue power. I'm pretty disappointed that one of my favorite characters is one of the worst 4*s to come down the pike in awhile.
    The loaner is only level 86, 
    I'd love to see his numbers at level 270.
    The blue will still be dependent on the amount of AP the enemy has in its strongest color. AI never holds on to AP longer than it needs to, so unless it's a passive power, or you hit them right after a cascade or something, it will likely still never be that impressive.

I guess I reserve the right to stand corrected, but I'm not overly impressed, which super bums me out.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'm calling it now.  Nightcrawler is the new king of winifinite and (unless nerfed) will bring in a new age of higher level winifinite.

I did the join forces match in SHIELD Training and used bamf early (all 3 characters up one only slightly damaged).  I used bamf with purple being the most prevlant color, here's the rest of the turn/match:
    bamf
    bamf
    bamf
    bamf
    bamf
    bamf
    bamf
    bamf
    bamf
    bamf
    bamf
    bamf
    bamf
    bamf
    bamf
    bamf
    bamf
    bamf
    bamf
    bamf
    bamf
    Victory

By the end of the match I had 30 AP in every color including purple... wow... and that's without trying to winfinite...

Take the existing winfinite team switch, prof x (unchamped), & gsbw
    Subtract gsbw
    Add Champed Nightcrawler & champed (but lower level than Kurt) Prof X.

Nightcrawler's strongest color is purple, so as long as he's more leveled that Chuck (might need a few buffer levels) purple should be the strongest color even with chuck champed.  Even if you don't get most purple (which is ideal) the number of crits made between kurt and switch should ensure endless supply of purple to keep it going.
  • 10_EFX_01
    10_EFX_01 Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    GRocket-Gamorph4-Medusa will handle 
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    mexus said:
    10_EFX_01 said:
    "Gamorph4"?
     Morph has secretly been in the game since May, just disguised as Gamora.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There is definitely some winfinit possibilities for him.  I was very surprised but pleased to see that power.  If the winfinit is that easy it will be fixed very quickly, remember when Starlord was updated it took less than a week to get that fixed. Without playing I will reserve judgement but it would seem to me once he casts the power once that color will basically be the most common color the rest of the match so I am having a hard time seeing how other color can be collected quickly, but again, I will reserve judgment until I can mess around with him in event0.  All I can say is I am glad to see all the new X-Men appear to be very solid characters.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Holy cow, that loaner node.

I do hereby dub Kurt's purple, "BAMFINITE."

I don't even remember what his red and blue do at this point. Bring Switch's blue and Carol's active yellow along for the ride, then let Nightcrawler reinact his scene in the White House from X-Men 2.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My first match went pretty much the same way. Rogue and IW were bored to tears by the end of the match  :'(
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Anon said:
    My first match went pretty much the same way. Rogue and IW were bored to tears by the end of the match  :'(
     I'd probably think differently of him a little if I had a purple heavy board, but mine was flooded with black, which wasn't even an active color for that IW/Rogue/NC intro node. I did manage to get red on the board the second time I fired it, which filled up En Garde, and blue the last time. Probably his most fun power, but still rather conditional. 
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Er... Just experienced the Kurt loaner... 
    "BAMFINITE"  indeed. If the board has gone purple its pretty much over. Though we imagine when not on loan RNG will starve the board as they do to Bl4de . Teen Jean is back as cascade counter.

His Purple BAMF seems a good AP accelerate with cascade potential, but can also overwrite your tiles. We had limited coffee and our brain did not properly calculate the board, and so IW's tiles got overwritten. The AP allowed us to recast, but it unintentionally aided the enemy as well.

Red feels like Agent Venom's. Good damage per AP but adds an additional 1.6x damage if you have 10AP in your highest color. Like AVenom, this is also **** unless decently covered. The loaner was at 5 covers. 

Not pleased with Blue. It ramps up like 4 Wolvie, but at level 86 with 3 blue covers Nightcrawler only did 92 damage per AP on Flaptain stealing only 2 Red. It's better at higher covers but depends on how you build.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, I had a purple heavy board and I think I ran Bamf at least ten times.  At one point, the most prevalent color switched to Green but I had enough purple AP to still fire Bamf another four times.  I'm thinking Nightcrawler, KK and Switch may be run a lot, I could see Nightcrawler, KK and 2Mags for a combined arms team.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Roland113 said:
    Yeah, I had a purple heavy board and I think I ran Bamf at least ten times.  At one point, the most prevalent color switched to Green but I had enough purple AP to still fire Bamf another four times.  I'm thinking Nightcrawler, KK and Switch may be run a lot, I could see Nightcrawler, KK and 2Mags for a combined arms team.
    I was thinking Nightcrawler, Professor X and Scarlet Witch.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    Options
    Anon said:
    I was thinking Nightcrawler, Professor X and Scarlet Witch.
    This is great, and especially good for people who still want to hang on to their winfinite team by keeping Chuck under-leveled, in which case Switch or Kurt will set purple as the strongest color.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    now THAT is a way to get me to champ chuck.
    then immediately nerf bamf. 

bamf is even fun with other colors. my board exploded because I saved up for 2 bamfs, the first generated black and didn't make a single match, the second bamf... black is useless in that match, but that mother of cascades got me enough for another... bamf...

BAMF! 
  • lakantanz
    lakantanz Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm not sure how many times I spammed nothing but purple over and over again.  From 1/3 through first enemies health to everyone dead.

Absolutely ... ridiculous.  I think the first thing I'll ever do playing against him is make sure purple is not the most common >.<.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    the first thing coming to your mind should be teen jean... 
  • 10_EFX_01
    10_EFX_01 Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options
    mexus said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    mexus said:
    10_EFX_01 said:
    "Gamorph4"?
     Morph has secretly been in the game since May, just disguised as Gamora.
    Scratching my head!
    I have no objections.
    Lol PuzzleWarriors podcast show out 
    Their way of calling 4* Gamora
  • lakantanz
    lakantanz Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Teen jean is a great call.  Wish I had more than 9 covers in her.
  • White_Deth
    White_Deth Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    Bamf my way to victory. His other powers looked underwhelming but i thought that of gambit until i played him. I love his purple move animation ghough
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    Options
    Haha, Teen Jean, Carol's green at five, and someone else to make sure teams strongest color is purple.