What's the most useful thing you've learned from the forum?

Comments

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Try not to take any pvp fights for under 38 points.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    bowla33 said:
    That 5* covers are swappable by customer service. 
    That's a good one.  I've used it a few times, and without the forum I would have never guessed CS would do that.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    That it's possible to get more Points from a Node after it's been green-checked.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    bowla33 said:
    That 5* covers are swappable by customer service. 
    +1 for this.  Its sorta unreal that non forum players have no idea how the cover swaps work in this game
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    1. Majority of forum users think only about themselves. When you mention a patch/change that has negative impact on you, but not them, you will be told that there is no issue and you should hush.
    2. Devs don't visit, don't care about the forum.
    3. Forum rules were changed so the mods can use them to warn/ban whoever they want.
    4. Censoring a swear word will give you a warning. One letter and *** is enough of a swear word to receive a warning point.
    5. Using "tinykitty" word will get you a warning, because, appearently, someone can suspect what you meant and feel offended.
    6. You can post stupidity day and night, but telling others to ignore someone's opinions might hurt their feelings, so you receive a warning or post gets deleted. Overall saying anything "mean" or what can be interpreted as mean is good enough for warning point.
    7. Marking too many posts in one thread as spam draws attention, and you will get a warning, because one of them wasn't 100% spam.

I guess that's all. Still not the worst forum I visited, but definitely in top 3.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    Alsmir said:
    1. Majority of forum users think only about themselves. When you mention a patch/change that has negative impact on you, but not them, you will be told that there is no issue and you should hush.
    2. Devs don't visit, don't care about the forum.
    3. Forum rules were changed so the mods can use them to warn/ban whoever they want.
    4. Censoring a swear word will give you a warning. One letter and *** is enough of a swear word to receive a warning point.
    5. Using "tinykitty" word will get you a warning, because, appearently, someone can suspect what you meant and feel offended.
    6. You can post stupidity day and night, but telling others to ignore someone's opinions might hurt their feelings, so you receive a warning or post gets deleted. Overall saying anything "mean" or what can be interpreted as mean is good enough for warning point.
    7. Marking too many posts in one thread as spam draws attention, and you will get a warning, because one of them wasn't 100% spam.

I guess that's all. Still not the worst forum I visited, but definitely in top 3.
    You should hang around in Destiny 2 forum. I think it suits you better.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have learned that there is a complex high level game of snipers and enforcers that exists in a place waaaaay above where I play. Who knew Match 3 tile mobile games could be so deep?
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Most useful thing is whenever there is a free 3* gift, someone posts a link to it
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    The post where the player told us about the CD tiles flashing was mind blowing. I'd been playing for over a year with no idea....

The real MVP was the first person I saw describe "optimal play". I was just starting to complete every event to max progression and wasn't sure what I needed to do to get to the top of the leader boards. I just did 6 clears as fast as possible, went to the top of the leader boards, and then fell off each day with no idea why. When I saw the explanation, it really put things into perspective for me. I leave top placement for those willing to dedicate their lives to it and take what I get, hoping for the best.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    1* Storm on a board with oasis environmental tiles is her own winfinite combo.

No, really, it's how to tell who owns which countdown tile. They really ought to teach that in Prologue.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    1* Storm on a board with oasis environmental tiles is her own winfinite combo.

No, really, it's how to tell who owns which countdown tile. They really ought to teach that in Prologue.
    I think they actually do now.  I've had to replay the the tutorial a few times on reloads.  maybe instead of the flashing symbol interstiatial it should flash a reminder tip on how to tell who owns a CD
  • Avalancher
    Avalancher Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    I learned that people complain too much.
    Winner!
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    I realized I have never seen such disconnect between devs and player community.
    any game, any forum, this tops the list by far
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Today, I learned how to tell what the strongest color on your team and C4rol's team will be before you go into the match.

Apparently the strongest color is not calculated by whatever power does the most damage, but whatever color does the most match damage when matched. So when you get to the teamups/boosts screen pre-fight, you can click on the opposing team characters on the bottom, and see which color across the 3 of them has the highest value.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Health packs regenerate
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    ammenell said:
    I realized I have never seen such disconnect between devs and player community.
    any game, any forum, this tops the list by far
    I don't know about other computer/mobile games, but in tabletop stuff, Games Workshop was this bad or worse for years.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    I forgot one:
    Mods receive in-game rewards for their job. That explained quite a bit.

@Blindman13
    Go on, explain how I'm wrong. I could use a good laugh in the morning. Can wait to read how "what I learned" is wrong...
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

Not so much something useful, as a simple truth that sustains me during the bad times, and adds a sparkle to life during the good.

"This too shall pass."