Doctor's Orders - 04-06 MAY

Options

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I figured I'd wait a bit with this event and entered a day late. I got The Ladder and a DeadlyVenom in my bracket. It seems like the green IW will keep eluding me.
    Then we are in the same bracket!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lol ARES your insane unshielding with m storm and a under leveled c mags. I had to hit you for 35 when you put that on a plate.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I figured I'd wait a bit with this event and entered a day late. I got The Ladder and a DeadlyVenom in my bracket. It seems like the green IW will keep eluding me.
    Then we are in the same bracket!

Very interesting bracket. I already given up on a top 10 finish a destros posse already nearly at 1100
  • Unknown
    Options
    Whatever the new MMR formula is, I think I messed mine up pretty well. This is the first time I've seen pure 141 teams from the very start (@ <100 points)
  • Frubzy
    Frubzy Posts: 77
    Options
    got hit by everyone and the kitchen sink...moved from 1st yest to 31st today.....time to start the climb again
  • Unknown
    Options
    entropic01 wrote:
    Whatever the new MMR formula is, I think I messed mine up pretty well. This is the first time I've seen pure 141 teams from the very start (@ <100 points)

Same for me. My bracket is actually getting dominated by two star teams. Going to fix that later but it feels like we went back to the pvp mmr from 2 months ago without the option to retreat tank.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well.. i made my push up to 1100 pts more or less.. i don't want more than a top 5 entry.. so i call it a day.. on to the LR to farm isos and finish some 3* i want to level.. feel free to hit me if you see me in your queue..
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    entropic01 wrote:
    I guess devs are punishing everyone for their Kyip-gate bug. Why blame themselves for **** code when they can band-aid it by readjusting the MMR for everyone?
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    what's funny (if i can say that), is that they are, by d3p's count, some 200 000 mpq players and i got the feeling that i play against only a few hundreds of them (maybe less) and that 80 % of them are forumites. My mpq world is that small.. icon_eek.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    what's funny (if i can say that), is that they are, by d3p's count, some 200 000 mpq players and i got the feeling that i play against only a few hundreds of them (maybe less) and that 80 % of them are forumites. My mpq world is that small.. icon_eek.gif

Well, at least I am seeing 141s instead of 400s like in the Simulator. Guess I will have to take this one on the hard way. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options

The people willing to put in the amount of time needed to be top players are typically the ones who make it to the forum, if only to find a top alliance.

You still see guys who are top players with no alliance membership, but those are few and far between.
  • Unknown
    Options
    kensterr wrote:
    entropic01 wrote:
    I guess devs are punishing everyone for their Kyip-gate bug. Why blame themselves for **** code when they can band-aid it by readjusting the MMR for everyone?

That's the thing, I climbed to 1100 in Top Gun the hard way prior to Kyip-gate and didn't climb past that. I wasn't one of those guys at 1700
  • Unknown
    Options
    if you are in my bracket lets just agree that I'm going to win and save everyone the money on shields, thanks!
  • Unknown
    Options
    My recent PVP experience:

Joins and scores 300 points and looks at the leader board.
    "Awesome, a bunch of newbies I haven't ever seen before"

Skips happily to work.

"Oh noooooo... 5 different users capable of scoring 1200+ points. Most already with 1000 and shielded."
  • Unknown
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    My recent PVP experience:

Joins and scores 300 points and looks at the leader board.
    "Awesome, a bunch of newbies I haven't ever seen before"

Skips happily to work.

"Oh noooooo... 5 different users capable of scoring 1200+ points. Most already with 1000 and shielded."

To be fair, most of the higher ranked players don't push immediately once they join a bracket. And since you only have ~1% of a bracket visible to you at any given time, it's hard to keep track of everyone.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm just being silly, I enjoy the challenge. I've actually won the past 2, even though I care little about the 4 star rewards (and the 1100 progression reward).

I have Bubbleboy in my Seasons bracket .. that's me bigger goal. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    klingsor wrote:
    if you are in my bracket lets just agree that I'm going to win and save everyone the money on shields, thanks!

How about, no?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Aaaand... I'm done.
    Hopefully I didn't hit any of you people in here more than once on my way up, I kept skipping looking for juicy targets.
    I must say, I like the change to MMR. I didn't do a single fight for less than 30 all the way up to 1100. I prefer fighting maxed 2* teams from the get go instead of seed-like teams, if they're worth 30+.
    Now bring on the LRs, I don't want to start with 141s next time.

If you have me queued, fire away, I'm shielded. Won't budge unless I slip out of Top 5, as always.
  • Unknown
    Options
    klingsor wrote:

You must have some relaxed brackets if your scores let you place first most of the time.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I'm just being silly, I enjoy the challenge. I've actually won the past 2, even though I care little about the 4 star rewards (and the 1100 progression reward).

I have Bubbleboy in my Seasons bracket .. that's me bigger goal. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I'm in that bracket too. Not that I will challenge for top 10 as I usually get around 900 each PvP, but our top 10 looks pretty stacked with you, bubbleboy and several other "name" players (or at least in top alliances). Should be fun to watch when it gets down to the wire.