Doctor's Orders - 04-06 MAY

Options

Comments

• daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    lol just a Beee at PVP. looking at the bracket top 10 should be in reach for you. I had a look at the bracket whilst grinding up and retreating down, didn't see to many known faces. Should be a relaxed bracket. If the alliance is in a good position you can go for first as I dont need IW just need points on the scoreboard

Gotcha. I guess we'll see just how relaxed it is. Been hit less than usual today on my way to 800, crossed it, got a couple retals, nothing too out of whack yet.

Thinking pvp will bee a lot easier once I have a couple 141's. At least this new team I'm using in this seems a tad better, at least a couple of defensive wind at least.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    beemand2g wrote:
    lol just a Beee at PVP. looking at the bracket top 10 should be in reach for you. I had a look at the bracket whilst grinding up and retreating down, didn't see to many known faces. Should be a relaxed bracket. If the alliance is in a good position you can go for first as I dont need IW just need points on the scoreboard
    What you tactfully neglect to mention is that you'll put 1300 on the board regardless icon_e_biggrin.gif
    So if he can pass that, you won't push, is what you mean, correct? icon_e_wink.gif

hahaha! I was thinking that too...lol. tis ok, more focused on falcon covers honestly.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Just had a match vs doom/obw/thor. First move they made caused cascade of red to fall, the purple, with numerous green matches. By their second move, thor slammed the hammer, then call to storm, then their obw stole whatever a I had managed to get. By move 6 or 7, I was toast after another call to storm, another hammer, and another a steal. Lovely.
  • daveomite
    Options
    What is it with so many 141 teams seeing me? Been hit by one 3 times, then at least a few others.
  • Unknown
    Options
    hugosf3 wrote:
    After participating in this event, I'm pretty confident my offensive team/offensive strat is good enough to crack top 10 while playing, but quickly get pummeled defensively. What you are guys using for defense? If I left my default team of OBW and M.Storm, they are suckers for punishment. Sucks when you log in 15 min before the ending and see you go from #8 to #118. Finished about 70ish because there wasn't enough time to get back up there. Do you feel that shields are integral to netting top spot?

A shield. Pretty much doesn't matter what team you're playing, if you've got high points and aren't shielded at the end, you're likely going to get hit a lot.
    If you're running a set of maxed Doom, 141 BP/LT, people may skip you for the annoyance/time factor at the end. But with a nice squishy team of OBW/MStorm, people may skip you on the dessert/forest nodes, but you'll still get hit. A lot.
    If the cover that you'd win is worth 75 or 150 HP to you, shield and protect it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    beemand2g wrote:
    What you tactfully neglect to mention is that you'll put 1300 on the board regardless icon_e_biggrin.gif
    So if he can pass that, you won't push, is what you mean, correct? icon_e_wink.gif

Lol even I take it easy once in a while. I don't like taking covers from people who really want and need them. Only time you will get me fired up is if 1. Your a big spender like slobofix who bullies others because of superior finance or 2 if the alliance needs points otherwise I just aim for top 5. Before shield I would float under the radar. Just placing for covers and stockpiling hp. I still have prologue hp lol.
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    hugosf3 wrote:
    After participating in this event, I'm pretty confident my offensive team/offensive strat is good enough to crack top 10 while playing, but quickly get pummeled defensively. What you are guys using for defense? If I left my default team of OBW and M.Storm, they are suckers for punishment. Sucks when you log in 15 min before the ending and see you go from #8 to #118. Finished about 70ish because there wasn't enough time to get back up there. Do you feel that shields are integral to netting top spot?

A shield. Pretty much doesn't matter what team you're playing, if you've got high points and aren't shielded at the end, you're likely going to get hit a lot.
    If you're running a set of maxed Doom, 141 BP/LT, people may skip you for the annoyance/time factor at the end. But with a nice squishy team of OBW/MStorm, people may skip you on the dessert/forest nodes, but you'll still get hit. A lot.
    If the cover that you'd win is worth 75 or 150 HP to you, shield and protect it.

Not sure if the double doom covers would have benefited me initially, as I only had 1 doom cover to begin with. I'm sure most people here would rather get 2 doom covers than the 1 ares cover I received.

On a side note, seeing my lv50 M.Storm rip through some level 80-120 characters in the desert levels was AWESOME. I had maybe 10+ lightning casts before the computer got its 3rd turn.
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    What is it with so many 141 teams seeing me? Been hit by one 3 times, then at least a few others.

Once you get north of about 700, there are not many targets at the moment - and you're one of the few. I skipped you about 4 or 5 times until I found a few more targets but it all dries up around 850 anyway. Sorry if I hit you on the way somewhere, was trying to avoid but as soon as I see OBW and decent points I just hit fight without checking!

Feel free to hit me if you find me, will climb again tomorrow
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:

Once you get north of about 700, there are not many targets at the moment - and you're one of the few. I skipped you about 4 or 5 times until I found a few more targets but it all dries up around 850 anyway. Sorry if I hit you on the way somewhere, was trying to avoid but as soon as I see OBW and decent points I just hit fight without checking!

Lol this I tend to hit the harder guys hey hit back I wait they get nervous I either hit them when they shield or take them down for 40. Retals are never nice.
  • daveomite
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    daveomite wrote:

Lol this I tend to hit the harder guys hey hit back I wait they get nervous I either hit them when they shield or take them down for 40. Retals are never nice.

My problem is I get closer to 800, get it numerous time that of course would beat me, but retals usually worth less than 20 points. So, they take 30+, and maybe I can get back 18 if I win.

And no worries mickey, not sure you hit me at all. Thanks for the Hawkeye "avoid" maneuver though, lol.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Let then hit wait on the retal then hit back they will be worth more after 90mins or so
  • daveomite
    Options
    Thanks bee...didn't realize that. Just made it back over 800 for the third time, only to come out of the match -60. Just threw up a 3 hour shield to see if it will calm down later some
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    Well this just got interesting. Looked a top my bracket and who do I see? A couple of the heavy hitters from my alliance solo ridge and Bundles87. First just became that much more unattainable. Sigh icon_e_sad.gif
  • daveomite
    Options
    Anyone else seeing placement indication issues after this latest update?

It still shows me as #1, but according to our bracket rankings, someone else is actually #1 and shielded 20-30 points above me.

Must be a glitch.
  • daveomite
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    Anyone else seeing placement indication issues after this latest update?

It still shows me as #1, but according to our bracket rankings, someone else is actually #1 and shielded 20-30 points above me.

Must be a glitch.

nevermind, it finally corrected it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sometimes just takes a moment for the server to update. You can force a "check" by switching through the player and alliance tabs and that should pull the new data I believe.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Well this just got interesting. Looked a top my bracket and who do I see? A couple of the heavy hitters from my alliance solo ridge and Bundles87. First just became that much more unattainable. Sigh icon_e_sad.gif

Well then....good luck to you and whoever else gets in the way, lol.
  • daveomite
    Options
    datKrow wrote:
    Sometimes just takes a moment for the server to update. You can force a "check" by switching through the player and alliance tabs and that should pull the new data I believe.

I did. Actually was doing that for at least a few minutes. Never updated. Not that big of an issue now, but obviously near the end of it, if it's not real time, I can see some not so happy people about that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle is in my bracket... I am sad.
  • Unknown
    Options
    MikeyMan wrote:
    Bowgentle is in my bracket... I am sad.

I've got bubbleboy and one of the x-men.
    Looks like this one will be tougher to top ten based on my bracket. Loki I came in second with 897, first overtook me with 903 and I wasn't really feeling like breaking shield just for a xforce cover that wouldn't really matter much to me (mine is 0/0/1).