Doctor's Orders - 04-06 MAY

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    On one hand, I kinda want to get my 10-pack soon and I'd need to enter Doctor's Orders for that.

On the other hand, I don't want to screw myself in a hard bracket for entering too soon. Army of One was hell for me because of that.

Decisions, decisions...
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I'm sorry, will this end on May 6 or 7 (EST)? No one answered my previous query...
  • Unknown
    Options
    After participating in this event, I'm pretty confident my offensive team/offensive strat is good enough to crack top 10 while playing, but quickly get pummeled defensively. What you are guys using for defense? If I left my default team of OBW and M.Storm, they are suckers for punishment. Sucks when you log in 15 min before the ending and see you go from #8 to #118. Finished about 70ish because there wasn't enough time to get back up there. Do you feel that shields are integral to netting top spot?
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    I'm sorry, will this end on May 6 or 7 (EST)? No one answered my previous query...

Says it ends in 1 day, 21 hours. So thinking the 7th. But knowing how much they love adjusting end times mid run, you never know
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hugosf3 wrote:
    After participating in this event, I'm pretty confident my offensive team/offensive strat is good enough to crack top 10 while playing, but quickly get pummeled defensively. What you are guys using for defense? If I left my default team of OBW and M.Storm, they are suckers for punishment. Sucks when you log in 15 min before the ending and see you go from #8 to #118. Finished about 70ish because there wasn't enough time to get back up there. Do you feel that shields are integral to netting top spot?
    If OBW and MStorm are your best guys then yes, shields are necessary for top 10 (unless you got a super soft bracket).
    Forget defense unless you can field a near-maxed Hood with a high HP char (plus OBW if possible), everything else will get maimed once you have more than 700 points.
    Until you have a team like that you need shields to place well.
  • daveomite
    Options
    sup123 wrote:
    On one hand, I kinda want to get my 10-pack soon and I'd need to enter Doctor's Orders for that.

On the other hand, I don't want to screw myself in a hard bracket for entering too soon. Army of One was hell for me because of that.

Decisions, decisions...

not sure it matters with these recent changes. Normally I wait, but decided to start early. Up to about 700 now in my run, but running into a lot of 11-19 point nodes along the way.

I'm already over 7k in season 1 though, so these points aren't as critical as I already got the 10 pack, which only gave me two usable covers and a bunch of iso from the fire sale after.. Better than nothing though.

though, I'm now in Beee's bracket, so, maybe I should have waited, lol
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    If OBW and MStorm are your best guys then yes, shields are necessary for top 10 (unless you got a super soft bracket).
    Forget defense unless you can field a near-maxed Hood with a high HP char (plus OBW if possible), everything else will get maimed once you have more than 700 points.
    Until you have a team like that you need shields to place well.
    Yeah, MStorm + OBW is a wonderfully juicy target above 700.

But, while 141 Hood is great, he's not really necessary for defense at that level. At 700, my 141 LT + 141 CMags/128 BP team almost never gets attacked. At 800, the spiderwolves start coming out, but it's manageable. 900 is where things really heat up.
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    locked wrote:

Says it ends in 1 day, 21 hours. So thinking the 7th. But knowing how much they love adjusting end times mid run, you never know

I have never seen it adjust the end time mid-run.
  • Unknown
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    locked wrote:

This has never ever happened.
  • daveomite
    Options
    klingsor wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    locked wrote:

This has never ever happened.

I thought it did on whatever the pvp was that ended the same time as the hunt subs. Could be mistaken.
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    sup123 wrote:

Decisions, decisions...

not sure it matters with these recent changes. Normally I wait, but decided to start early. Up to about 700 now in my run, but running into a lot of 11-19 point nodes along the way.

I'm already over 7k in season 1 though, so these points aren't as critical as I already got the 10 pack, which only gave me two usable covers and a bunch of iso from the fire sale after.. Better than nothing though.

though, I'm now in Beee's bracket, so, maybe I should have waited, lol

I waited to join God of Lies and my bracket was ok. Wolfman got first with 1k points and I almost made top 10 with just a bit over 700, but the fact that I got tinypuppy slapped a lot in Army of One probably tanked my MMR.
    And I'm trying to transition to 3* so I'm hoping I'll get more use of that heroic pack. Too bad I'm almost done with the 2* covers.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    kensterr wrote:
    MMR gone crazy in this tourney - level 141s once hit around 200 points. good luck!

Hope your wrong. It would piss me off if they tinker with MMR during the middle of the season.

Characters have been nerfed mid event, servers taken down at the end few minutes of events and refuse to acknowledge MMR and scaling are broken. You really believe they wont think twice about meddling with MMR mid season?
    So are you saying they'll push another nerf 2 hours before the end of the Season?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    kensterr wrote:
    MMR gone crazy in this tourney - level 141s once hit around 200 points. good luck!

Hope your wrong. It would piss me off if they tinker with MMR during the middle of the season.

Characters have been nerfed mid event, servers taken down at the end few minutes of events and refuse to acknowledge MMR and scaling are broken. You really believe they wont think twice about meddling with MMR mid season?
    So are you saying they'll push another nerf 2 hours before the end of the Season?

If the last week of Season 1 has an Elite NHB tournament, whose end time is the same as the Season 1 end time, I think we can expect a nerf to Spidey, Mags, BP, LT, Hood, and Moonstone (because WHY NOT) about 2 days before the end
  • daveomite
    Options
    Well, I thought I would do better in this tournament, but forgot that my right thumb AND index finger had both gotten nerfed just before it. And now my left hand is twitching a lot and hardly able to keep my phone steady, guess they went and nerfed it too, damnit.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    If the last week of Season 1 has an Elite NHB tournament, whose end time is the same as the Season 1 end time, I think we can expect a nerf to Spidey, Mags, BP, LT, Hood, and Moonstone (because WHY NOT) about 2 days before the end
    Since we already have that (it's called S.H.I.E.L.D. training, though, and has **** rewards) I fully expect those nerfs now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    Annnnd...just realized I'm in Beee's bracket too

did they rename the event lol, I am just 1 of 500. What position are you aiming for?
  • daveomite
    edited May 2014
    Options
    First time that new award screen came up after a match, startled me. I mean, what they changed in this new update
  • daveomite
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    Annnnd...just realized I'm in Beee's bracket too

did they rename the event lol, I am just 1 of 500. What position are you aiming for?

no worries...just know you're a beast in PvP, lol. Nice roster. Not really aiming for anything. Top 10 would be great for both falcon covers. Could use the green IW, but probably wouldn't level her anyway as I'm missing too many covers.

and no, Still just Doctor's Orders....again, lol
  • Unknown
    Options
    lol just a Beee at PVP. looking at the bracket top 10 should be in reach for you. I had a look at the bracket whilst grinding up and retreating down, didn't see to many known faces. Should be a relaxed bracket. If the alliance is in a good position you can go for first as I dont need IW just need points on the scoreboard
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    lol just a Beee at PVP. looking at the bracket top 10 should be in reach for you. I had a look at the bracket whilst grinding up and retreating down, didn't see to many known faces. Should be a relaxed bracket. If the alliance is in a good position you can go for first as I dont need IW just need points on the scoreboard
    What you tactfully neglect to mention is that you'll put 1300 on the board regardless icon_e_biggrin.gif
    So if he can pass that, you won't push, is what you mean, correct? icon_e_wink.gif