Doctor's Orders - 04-06 MAY

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I cleared off the seed nodes, all three nodes now have max spidermans... OK...

This is dumb. I avoid low point spiderman teams because they will always retaliate and win. Somehow I doubt beating pure spiderman teams to 1100 is going to be feasible.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    it seems i'm in mmr hell.. Lvl 100+ form the start.. not that i bothered.. got my guns loaded.. but its like they want to brush aside veteran players and let em play in a league of their own... i really wonder what's their point.. In all logic,the stronger you are, the easier the game should be (up to a point i mean).. In mpq, it seems not.. weird.. the lower you are, the better is... icon_eek.gif
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hell hath no fury like MPQ's scorn for veteran MPQ'ers.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I figured out Demiurge's MMR secret for PVP.

if (only SHIELD alliance member gets 1300 points progression reward)
    {
    next PVE tournament start level 141 enemies at 700 points;
    }
    else
    {
    next PVE tournament start level 141 enemies at 200 points;
    }

Just kidding. You can see how bad a programmer-wannabe I am. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I did not get any seed teams to start this pvp...that's a bummer. I do love Doom pvp's though, buffed summon demons is one of my favorite attacks in the game.

Chimaera, if it makes you feel any better I will use my max Spider-man against those teams.
  • Frubzy
    Frubzy Posts: 77
    Options
    still waiting to join this tourney... i learned my leasson from the loki bracket of death., i joined early and got all the big gunz all fighting for top spot....
    dont want this to be mr dr doom bracket of doom...lol so hopefully slobofix, bee , mikeydollar7,acilbalik231 will stay away from me ...ktnxbye
  • Unknown
    Options
    I also retreated 20 times in the Loki pvp and if had no effect. Seems that since Ghast publicized that method D3 went and fixed it... Retreating in pvp is as effective as it is in pve now...

Kinda wish he didn't post that... Only was able to compete in bad is good because of force retreats.
  • Unknown
    Options
    That was a crazy bracket - my 1350+ was only good for 4th!
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    kensterr wrote:

{
    }
    else
    {
    }

Not sure if you are that far away from the truth.. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have a question about retaliations.

I'm thinking about running Doom/Punisher/OBW as my attack team. However, that obviously doesn't work well for a defense team because Doom will never get off Summon Demons. My plan is to switch out Punisher for Lazy Thor for defense.

Now for the question--if I do this, will people retaliating against me fight Punisher or Lazy Thor?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    I have a question about retaliations.

I'm thinking about running Doom/Punisher/OBW as my attack team. However, that obviously doesn't work well for a defense team because Doom will never get off Summon Demons. My plan is to switch out Punisher for Lazy Thor for defense.

Now for the question--if I do this, will people retaliating against me fight Punisher or Lazy Thor?
    They'll fight the team you won with against them - so Punisher.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bacon Pants
    off topic but what is ur shield trainer score right now? lol
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    I also retreated 20 times in the Loki pvp and if had no effect. Seems that since Ghast publicized that method D3 went and fixed it... Retreating in pvp is as effective as it is in pve now...

Kinda wish he didn't post that... Only was able to compete in bad is good because of force retreats.

Just so you (all) know, retreating still works for me in PvP. I used it twice in the Loki PvP to go down from 900 to 34 pts, then up to 560ish, down, then up again to a top 11 score for the finish. Wanted to generate some ISO-8 for Dr. Doom in prep for his tourney.

It does make it take longer to get to that top 25 or top 10 finish since the pts you earn will be 11-15 instead of 30-38 for each battle, but thems the breaks...

(SHIELD training PvP Season 1 tanking is still not quite as effective as normal PvPs due to lower pts lost on the way down)
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've got an idea. Let's all just create new accounts and really shove it up d3's ****!!
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Too Easy wrote:
    Bacon Pants

980 at the moment, I've been playing it when I'm bored. And most of the opponents I've hit have been worth 50 points or so. Those 50 pointers have made it easy to increase my score.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Too Easy wrote:
    Bacon Pants

980 at the moment, I've been playing it when I'm bored. And most of the opponents I've hit have been worth 50 points or so. Those 50 pointers have made it easy to increase my score.
    ok...your in my season bracket and im just comparing icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    gambl0r312 wrote:
    Chimaera wrote:

Just so you (all) know, retreating still works for me in PvP. I used it twice in the Loki PvP to go down from 900 to 34 pts, then up to 560ish, down, then up again to a top 11 score for the finish. Wanted to generate some ISO-8 for Dr. Doom in prep for his tourney.

It does make it take longer to get to that top 25 or top 10 finish since the pts you earn will be 11-15 instead of 30-38 for each battle, but thems the breaks...

(SHIELD training PvP Season 1 tanking is still not quite as effective as normal PvPs due to lower pts lost on the way down)

Never bothered to do shield training tanking, seemed frugal to me. When I needed a little leeway in opposition I always sacrificed some ranking in the current tourney to lessen the strain on my MMR. Losing 800 points isn't reasonable for those results.

The issue is facing 141 teams when sub 100 points, if I need to get to 900 to retreat then why retreat at all. Before kyipgate I thought pvp was actually in a golden zone. Clear mmr brackets, I saw two star teams complain they couldn't win a pvp event, they are two star they have no right winning. You could lower your mmr but as soon as you hit the point boundaries, it didn't matter, as it should be.

Facing max level teams sub 100 points is completely unreasonable . And for the last few weeks I actually wasn't needing the lightning rounds to tank ...
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    kensterr wrote:

{
    }
    else
    {
    }

slightly off topic
    but you don't need brackets for single-statement if/elses
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I did not get any seed teams to start this pvp...that's a bummer. I do love Doom pvp's though, buffed summon demons is one of my favorite attacks in the game.

Chimaera, if it makes you feel any better I will use my max Spider-man against those teams.

same here, it was straight maxed 85's the first couple of matches, then an 85 with a 100+, then once I crossed 200, I got attacked by two 141 teams, which they won of course.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Annnnd...just realized I'm in Beee's bracket too