Doctor's Orders - 04-06 MAY

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    probably LR's upcoming...

Probably... Ice said that they accidentally made the LRs into Season 1 events at first, which was why it got put off a day.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    entropic01 wrote:
    Am I the only one that had their most miserable PVP in a long time? Seeing these huge scores makes me think I’m the only one super struggling in this PVP
    I don't know why, but this one and the last one have gotten way progressively tougher for me. I'm scoring 100-150 higher than my previous best, and I'm ranking 20-30 spots lower. Did they change the way they do bracketing?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    probably LR's upcoming...

Probably... Ice said that they accidentally made the LRs into Season 1 events at first, which was why it got put off a day.

That would have been absolutely terrible
  • Unknown
    Options
    Blah, had to shield early before a last-minute appointment. Did not even scratch 1000 this time.

Bring me LRs! Feed me ISO.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Oh well, 2 covers for me. Team Supreme and someone else hit me for a gazillion just before the end. Considering I won a Falcon cover from token and another from 1100 points last time, all well.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is it just me or pvp is getting tougher?
    I had to shield with 780 points and barely made top 50 in my bracket.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Managed to just barely hang onto 10th with 1008 points. That was close.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Here's what ours looked like at the end:
    GEMQ0KTl.png

I coulda saved myself 150 HP if I knew that my recklessness will make me not shield 5 minutes before the end and lose points to late pushers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lol, somebody lost to me @ the last second for +4. Pushed me to 1302. I already had the reward, but if someone did that just to be a kind soul, thank you for the thought!
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That was wild. Shamsali75 gave me a good run. I had a nice lead when I went to sleep last night, but I woke up to him ahead by six points. We swapped leads this morning and then I managed to get ahead 1481 to 1426. I thought he was done, but he tried to make a final push with about 20 minutes left. He hit my shield for 29 points, and I began to worry that I would have to unshield, but then the zombies got him. He dropped like a rock -- to 1227.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Got my top10

dan.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Completely insane

image_zpsce790cb4.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    So refreshing to see the top 10's littered with established, long-time players and not 1 or 2 you might recognize and bunch of players that just started playing 2 weeks ago.

This is the best PvP has been in months.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Completely insane

image_zpsce790cb4.jpg
    And I think everyone of those players hit me at some point in the event.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Looking back at it, I really should have shielded when I was above 1200, but I thought maybe I could push to the XForce. That ending was way too intense. My heart can't take many more of those icon_e_smile.gif
    I had to break shield in the last 5 minutes and use my B-Team, as my A-Team had been knocked out earlier and I was out of health packs.

Sorry for you, locked. You fought well.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Did you notice how Doom messed up Spiderman teams too? AI just refused to cast stun waiting up for Doom's blue. Completely sitting duck on defense.
  • Unknown
    Options
    1k pts was barely enough for top5 so I pushed to 1100.

Patch 535 + Doom + Hulk provide really fast fights and work as a perfect detterent against zombies. Though it works better for shield jumping, as they eat through medpacks.
  • over_clocked
    edited May 2014
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Looking back at it, I really should have shielded when I was above 1200, but I thought maybe I could push to the XForce. That ending was way too intense. My heart can't take many more of those icon_e_smile.gif
    I had to break shield in the last 5 minutes and use my B-Team, as my A-Team had been knocked out earlier and I was out of health packs.

Sorry for you, locked. You fought well.
    Thanks, it's nothing, I do not have the ISO to level all my 3*s anyway. If I would have shielded 5 minutes right before the end, would have ended up with 5-3-3 Falcon instead of a 5-3-2 - no biggie imo, can live with that icon_e_biggrin.gif Glad you got all 3 covers!
  • Unknown
    Options
    I swear when you're trying to fit one last match in in the last 2-3 minutes it seems like the match-3 game disappears entirely and all you can see are animations, never-ending animations
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Completely insane

Yep, that is gross. Our killer bracket with 20+ 141 rosters has 1024 at #10, nothing to compare with that where 1150 was not enough.