MPQ Sneak Peek: October 2017 Edition *Updated (10/26/17)

Options

Comments

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    broll said:
    @Brigby

5* Thor is viable in game from the roster UI screen.  Is this an oopsie?  Typically new characters aren't in here until their available aka their release event, which for 5* Thor is as of yet unannounced.

Also this makes the recent release 5*, 4*, 5* when they are typically 5*, 4*, 4*.  Is this a change to release frequency or is Thor just being rushed up due to the movie release?
    Hmmm, I went and looked and saw nothing. Bummer.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Didn't you guys hear, Brigby doesn't work there any longer. 

J/K, I truly hope that is not true as he has been great to us. Now, if he could get more/timely information from his people, that would be amazing.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Didn't you guys hear, Brigby doesn't work there any longer. 

J/K, I truly hope that is not true as he has been great to us. Now, if he could get more/timely information from his people, that would be amazing.
    I’m going to say it’s the developers who aren’t sending information down in time. D3 can only put out news that Demiurge gives them.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ON THE OTHER HAND, I SEE THOR, LOKI, AND HULK IN THE IMAGE THAT WILL BE THE NEXT ICON! And all three have a new appearance.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(10/23/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs

The app icon containing Thor, Loki, and Hulk is intended to be a teaser, however having 5-Star Thor available to be viewed in game was not. We apologize for the confusion, and the developers are working to remove that information soon.

We respectfully ask that players do not attempt to spread this information on the forum. Thank you for understanding.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. When it comes to the 5-Star Essential rotation, it cycles between the 3 Latest Legends to 2 Classic Legends, then back again to the Latest Legends.

As for Gambit (Modern) entering the rotation, I will be sure to ask the developers.
    @Brigby

Just for a little further clarification....
    Venom Bomb, 9/21/17- Star Lord (Classic)
    Unstable Iso-8, 9/25/17- Peter Parker (Latest)
    Hearts of Darkness, 9/28/17- Doctor Octopus (Latest)
    Webbed Wonder, 10/2/17- Daredevil (Latest)
    Honor Among Thieves, 10/8/17- Silver Surfer (Classic)
    Simulator, 10/12/17- Peter Parker (Latest)

That does not follow the order you indicated......
    Please @Brigby more clarification, I would like to see more classic 5* brought in.....

Deadpool vs. MPQ, 10/15/17- Daredevil (Latest)
    The Hunt, 10/19/17- Doctor Octopus (Latest)
    Thick as Thieves, 10/22/17- Black Bolt (Classic)
    Meet Rocket and Groot, 10/26/17- Peter Parker (Latest)

This still does not follow the order you indicated!!! And this time there is no alliance event to blame for the discrepancy!!!
  • Brigby
    Options
    Please Brigby more clarification, I would like to see more classic 5* brought in.....

Deadpool vs. MPQ, 10/15/17- Daredevil (Latest)
    The Hunt, 10/19/17- Doctor Octopus (Latest)
    Thick as Thieves, 10/22/17- Black Bolt (Classic)
    Meet Rocket and Groot, 10/62/17- Peter Parker (Latest)

This still does not follow the order you indicated!!! And this time there is no alliance event to blame for the discrepancy!!!
    Hmm that's peculiar. I'll reach out to the developers to see if they know why the order is deviating from the 3 Latest 2 Classics order.

Thanks for the heads up
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If they are not sticking to their 3 Latest / 2 classic schedule, should we anticipate an early 5* release next instead of a 4*?
  • Brigby
    Options
    @Milk Jugz Nice catch! The developers have re-adjusted the event calendar, and Meet Rocket & Groot will now feature Green Goblin.
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @Milk Jugz Nice catch! The developers have re-adjusted the event calendar, and Meet Rocket & Groot will now feature Green Goblin.
    Thank you!!!
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Alliance Placement Rewards:
    4-Star: Cyclops (Classic) - Blue

is this a new thing, I don't remember seeing 4* as alliance placement rewards
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby do we have any information on how long the New character boost will last for gambit?
  • Milk Jugz
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Lucifier said:

New with CL9, top 2 alliances get an extra 4* covers. For the NC release event the top 100 alliances all got an extra NC cover in CL9, not sure about the lower CLs
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Lucifier said:

New with CL9, top 2 alliances get an extra 4* covers. For the NC release event the top 100 alliances all got an extra NC cover in CL9, not sure about the lower CLs
    thanks for answer, but something is missing here, or maybe i am missing something here:

Thick as Thieves (10/22/17) *New Update*
    3-Star: Daredevil (Man Without Fear) - Blue
    2-Star: Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) - Red, Yellow
    1-Star: Storm (Modern) - Yellow

Meet Rocket & Groot - 3 Day Variant (10/26/17) *New Update*
    3-Star: Thanos (Modern) - Green
    2-Star: Thor (Marvel NOW!) - Yellow, Red
    1-Star: Spider-Man (Original) - Red

maybe Thick as Thieves they forget to mention the 4* cover alliance reward.
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    @Lucifier
    You're right, as a matter of fact looking back the only other one that actually shows the 4* alliance placement reward is The Hunt with NC. For TaT it's Yondu- black according to the in game rewards.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Lucifier said:

Top 100 placement needed for CL7 and 8, top 50 for CL6 for an alliance reward. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    @Brigby

5* Thor is viable in game from the roster UI screen.  Is this an oopsie?  Typically new characters aren't in here until their available aka their release event, which for 5* Thor is as of yet unannounced.

Also this makes the recent release 5*, 4*, 5* when they are typically 5*, 4*, 4*.  Is this a change to release frequency or is Thor just being rushed up due to the movie release?
    I would guess it's a movie tie-in thing. Doc Ock, Sandman, Spidey went 5/4/5, then we had Vulture, Mockingbird, and Yondu as 4/4/4, AND Spidey came out a week later so he came out alongside his movie instead of at the end of June.

The optimist in me says Thor as a 5* means three more 4*s after him, for Nov 16th-ish, Nov 30th-ish, and Dec 14th-ish, to give us our last 5* of the year (back on the typical 5/4/4 schedule) around Dec 28th, for some Christmas to New Years MPQ celebrations kinda like Thanos last year.

But that's all speculation based on experience, and I agree it would be nice if the devs would comment if it's a movie tie-in thing or a change in normal patterns (sadly the devs seem to be allergic to giving out information these days).
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    Lucifier said:

That's just on a new release event?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    shardwick said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    Lucifier said:

That's just on a new release event?
    Yup. Otherwise it's a 3*.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I feel like there has been a significant decrease in PVE event diversity, or is that just me? What has happened to Heroic events for instance, are they scrapped or am I mistaken in that it has been quite a while since they ran one of those?

I have some tokens of some 'older' events (new char intro) and the art on those has not changed in long time I believe. I know Heroics are no fan favorites by any stretch, but at least it makes for a change compared to Thick as Thieves or The Hunt for the umpteenth time in my opinion.