Hi Everyone -

Just wanted to share a brief update that we moved to a new editor for our forums with the Rich Editor experience (previously WYSIWYG). We believe this will provide a better experience for all forum visitors in the long run. If you are interested in learning more about the new editor, please visit the URL below.

And please let us know if you find any bugs/issues with the new editor by emailing us at [email protected] and we will pass along this feedback to the team.

Thank you!

https://blog.vanillaforums.com/rich-editor-enhancing-your-forum-posting-experience

Countdown for What doesn't deal damage when Deadpool is stunned [Investigating]

OJSPOJSP Posts: 629 Critical Contributor
Just as the title says.

When I was using Deadpool (X-Force) in my team against Gamora on the opposite team, he got stunned. In the previous turn I had used Countdown for What and some CD tiles were made on Blue tiles (Rocket was also in the other team). They matched the CD tiles and no damage were dealt to the other team when 3 tiles were matched (it was a match-4).

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• PongiePongie Posts: 1,270 Chairperson of the Boards
    Countdowns no longer trigger when then owner is stunnned. 

They also recently changed the destroyed and matched terminology and match 4 (considered as destroyed) won’t trigger vilifies that stateside must be matched now. 

• JaedenkaalJaedenkaal Posts: 3,338 Chairperson of the Boards
    Countdown For What tiles will continue to trigger if destroyed by a match-4 line clear, as they specifically trigger if destroyed (not just if matched).

It is weird that they would not trigger on the enemy turn when Deadpool was stunned, but do trigger on your turn, when Deadpool is still stunned. I assume that's what you are implying.
  • DayvDayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if they would have worked on subsequent enemy turns while he was stunned, or if they would have continued to work on your turn only.
  • CNashCNash Posts: 935 Critical Contributor
    Confirmed that they no longer fire while Deadpool is stunned if matched by the enemy team.

It's a bit like disarming a bomb by knocking out the guy who placed it....
  • DayvDayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash said:
    Confirmed that they no longer fire while Deadpool is stunned if matched by the enemy team.

It's a bit like disarming a bomb by knocking out the guy who placed it....
    Including on subsequent turns?

Either way, that's not how it's described, and can't be how it's supposed to work.
  • TombstoneTombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,168 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just confirmed with the rest of the team, but this issue appears to be a known issue that the developers are currently working to fix. Hopefully the issue can be resolved soon, but I've added it to the Bug Status List.
  • JSP869JSP869 Posts: 729 Critical Contributor
    If Medusa's Entanglement countdown tile generates Attack tiles when it's destroyed while she's stunned, then Countdown for What countdown tiles should also deal damage when they're destroyed while Deadpool is stunned.

I'm aware that the "official" reason this works for Entanglement is that the effect is linked to the tile itself and not to Medusa. Well, it should be the same for Countdown for What.

X-Force Deadpool doesn't detonate a bomb when you match or destroy his Countdown for What tiles; the countdown tiles ARE the bomb.
  • JSP869JSP869 Posts: 729 Critical Contributor
    I hate to rez an old topic but the Devs were aware of this over a year ago and it's still not yet been fixed.

In light of how many more characters with stuns have been introduced to the game, Bishop most recently, this is practically game breaking when it comes to those of us who like to use X-Force Deadpool with Okoye in PvP and rely on the bomb tiles, boosted by Okoye, to ruin the other team's day.

In Bishop's PvP event the AI Bishop stunned my Okoye, then stunned the unprotected XFDP. Okoye returned from her stun, and being fairly confident this bug hadn't been fixed I left the bomb tiles alone. Of course the AI matched away two of them, yes, two! And because XFDP was stunned they did nothing. Bishop should have been KO'd with whoever was next (probably Okoye or Thor) taking a huge hit. Instead nothing happened.

It's great that new characters are always being introduced. IMO it would be better if very old bugs could be fixed. Please? Because this is far from one of the oldest bugs in the game. The passive ability wave bug is even older and it still hasn't been fixed either.
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 3,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be nice if stun behavior was standardized across characters like this. 4ocket's green can be safely matched away while he is stunned, and that one actually IS a bomb in-universe, unlike the ones Deadpool puts down that are not explicitly described as anything but countdowns and traps. Medusa's Entanglement continues to do what it does if she is stunned. Jessica Jones's traps are still dangerous even if she is stunned, which makes no kind of sense. 

To me, having the match/destruction behavior go away on a stunned character is what I'd expect to happen, so if it was up to me I'd standardize on that.