3* farm

WolarsenWolarsen Age Unconfirmed Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
My 2* farm has been rolling for some time and I love it; recently my 3* started reaching lvl260 and i started doing dupes looking forward a 3* farm. But when I maxed my 1st 3*, having a full covered dupe, i realized I hadnt properly accounted leveling cost.

I mean, with the 2* farm i just pour the iso from selling a max into the new champion-to-be, as it doesnt really matter if i ended with a weaker char. In the case of 3* you can also pour the iso, but passing from a lvl266 to a 166 will hurt you a lot regarding PvP.
I have all but 15 4* champed, and 9 of those 15 are fully covered. They are probably the worst 4*, except for kate. So I am asking for some feedback on the best way to act now;

1) Stop championing 4* to champ my 3* dupes (4 of them already in position, and several more incoming)? This would have the side benefit of forcing me to hoard, and i am already leaning towards this.
2) Keep championing 4* and just sell the 3* covers?
3) Just champion the 3* with top-dog rewards (Kamala, Thor, Capt.Marvel)?

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• hopper1979hopper1979 Posts: 559 Critical Contributor
    Honestly if you are rolling you can afford to do both you should be able o get the iso to max a 3 in, at worst, 5 days.  So if you get a 3 fully covered and are ready to champion him, do it.  The real sticking point to starting your 3 farm is opening up more slots for the new 3's.  Unlike the 2 I would not sell your fully championed 3's until you champion the next one or at least get them to 200.  I am still trying to decide on that one.  You probably get enough use out of your 3's still that you might hurt your roster a lot by selling too early.  

I do not like hording, the only purpose it serves is getting a new character maxed quickly and burning covers if your characters are not well distributed.  Here is what I would suggest:

1.  Keep working on your 4's 
    2.  Start buying slots for your new 3's that you are getting close to finishing.
    3.  Once championed save and use that character do not sell
    4.  Start building your new 3 but do not put iso into it until you are finally ready to champion them, that iso should go to your 4's
    5.  Once they are ready get them championed asap so you do not loose any 3 covers that may come up
    6.  At this point it is safe to sell your fully championed 3 but I would not do that until you finish the 2nd one sell them and start over.  That is up to you.

I hate burning covers and this procedure has limited my burn, hording lead to too many burns unless your are done with your 4's.  Now if you do not want all of the 4's championed hording is fine.  I know I will get disagreement on hording that is a play style choice.

Good luck.
  • ThalfenThalfen Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    What exactly is farming? 
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 3,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Thalfen said:
    What exactly is farming? 
    When you keep characters on roster for the champion rewards. When a character reaches maximum champion level, they are worth a (relatively) huge amount of Iso-8 and hero points when you sell them that scales with their star category. Adding champion levels to a character is much more lucrative than simply selling them off for cover value as well, so in addition to that lump sum at the end, you get much more stuff along the way. 2* farming is very easy to do; 3* farming is a huge time commitment given the slower acquisition of 3* covers comparative to 2*s, and you see a lot of people debating on whether they should sell off their maximum level 3* or start a duplicate. 
  • Ace11122Ace11122 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I have 4 or 5 dupe 3 covers, i have chosen to champ the ones that i still use, im40, dr. Strange, unless i need to champ a 3 to use a cover. I am working on leveling my 4s unless i have a cover that will die. 
    2* max i do not think twice about selling once i get another cover. 
  • ScofieScofie Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    I sell my 3* dupes if I need the iso for 4* but only if I have at least 1 cover on the vine. Honestly, I waited with Strang3 until he had about 8 covers but with 3* Cap and IM40 it was as soon as I had 1 or 2. Only once have I encountered a Behemoth burrito where the low covered 3* wasn't entirely carried by the 4* (4* was at 90 - i also had a recently farmed 2* cover for the same BB and it took me 3 attempts). 

I don't really play PvP though so it's not a big deal to me and I have enough buffed 4* in any PvE to carry any recently farmed required 3*.
  • NotwenNotwen Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    I love my 2* farm and have just started my 3* farm. I have lots of hp (about 26,000) so I currently plan to keep the maxed out champ and the growing duplicate until I'm running out of hp or the duplicate is close to max level.

My question is whether I should set my bonus hero to a growing duplicate or to a 3* that I'd like to start farming.
  • helix72helix72 Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    I always set my 3* bonus hero to the 3* that is going to give me as a champ reward the 4* cover I want/need the most. Following this strategy I've managed to fully cover 63 of the 78 4*s as of day 427.

Of the 15 not yet covered, 8 of them don't have 3* feeders. Of the 7 that do, I can finish 5 of them with more 3* champ levels (i.e. without having to dupe a 3*).
  • Daredevil217Daredevil217 Posts: 2,249 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly if you are rolling you can afford to do both you should be able o get the iso to max a 3 in, at worst, 5 days.  So if you get a 3 fully covered and are ready to champion him, do it.  The real sticking point to starting your 3 farm is opening up more slots for the new 3's.  Unlike the 2 I would not sell your fully championed 3's until you champion the next one or at least get them to 200.  I am still trying to decide on that one.  You probably get enough use out of your 3's still that you might hurt your roster a lot by selling too early.  

I do not like hording, the only purpose it serves is getting a new character maxed quickly and burning covers if your characters are not well distributed.  Here is what I would suggest:

1.  Keep working on your 4's 
    2.  Start buying slots for your new 3's that you are getting close to finishing.
    3.  Once championed save and use that character do not sell
    4.  Start building your new 3 but do not put iso into it until you are finally ready to champion them, that iso should go to your 4's
    5.  Once they are ready get them championed asap so you do not loose any 3 covers that may come up
    6.  At this point it is safe to sell your fully championed 3 but I would not do that until you finish the 2nd one sell them and start over.  That is up to you.

I hate burning covers and this procedure has limited my burn, hording lead to too many burns unless your are done with your 4's.  Now if you do not want all of the 4's championed hording is fine.  I know I will get disagreement on hording that is a play style choice.

Good luck.
    My advice is very similar. 

1. Use your HP to buy slots for dupes (hopefully we’ll have a slot sale in a couple days)

2. Roster dupe 3s without selling off your max-champs. 

3. Invest all your iso in champing your remaining 4s. 

4. When your 4s are done, go back and champ your dupe 3s. Enjoy all the extra rewards you get from saved covers. 

This is what I did and I now have a complete set of max-champed 3s and another set of champed 3s.
    Notwen said:
    I love my 2* farm and have just started my 3* farm. I have lots of hp (about 26,000) so I currently plan to keep the maxed out champ and the growing duplicate until I'm running out of hp or the duplicate is close to max level.

My question is whether I should set my bonus hero to a growing duplicate or to a 3* that I'd like to start farming.
    I bonus my lowest ones within a range of 5 levels. Once a character is out of that range, they are removed as a BH.  Once everyone is out of the range, I select new bonus heroes within a range 5 levels higher. I think of it as a net bringing everyone up by collecting stragglers. So right now anyone between 185-189 (currently my lowest level dupe 3s) is a BH. Just Gambit (189), Quicksilver (188), Ock and Vision (186) are left. So if a Gambit or two Quicksilvers get pulled, they’re no longer BHs. When I no longer have anyone lower than 190, then all my characters between 190-194 get bonused.