3* Dr Octopus's black not firing when matching repeaters [Fixed in R161]

jamesh
jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
I noticed this when playing the current story event with Dr Octopus on my team.  The enemy team created a repeater tile (Black Panther's blue, IIRC), and I matched it away.  I expected to Dr Octopus's black passive to fire and give me some strike tiles, but nothing happened.

The power description says it should fire whenever I match enemy special tiles, which I would expect to include repeaters.  He isn't listed in either of the character lists in the R134 release notes, so I wonder if he fell through the cracks.

I'll try to reproduce the problem myself, but thought I'd report this here in case anyone else has noticed it.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll keep an eye out for that when I do my remaining clears on his Essential. Panther usually seems to manage to get Defense Grid going, so I should have a chance.
  • jamesh
    I managed to reproduce this today.  Black Panther cast his Defence Grid power, and I matched it away the next turn with a simple match-3 (so it definitely wasn't being destroyed without being matched).  No attack tiles were produced.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you haven't already, please send a ticket in to customer support on this as well.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey Guys, I talked with the developers and it would appear that this problem is already a known issue. Rest assured that the developers are already working to resolve this issue.
  • Kaeyne
    Kaeyne Posts: 68 Match Maker

I'm not sure if this is the same issue but none of the black special tiles trigger Ock's passive.

Hashtag "blacktilesmatter"

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kaeyne said:

I'm not sure if this is the same issue but none of the black special tiles trigger Ock's passive.

Hashtag "blacktilesmatter"

You'll have to be more specific than that, I think. Also remember that you have to directly match an enemy special tile to trigger Insult to Injury.
  • Kaeyne
    I thought it was pretty obvious. Whenever I match a black special tile, it does not trigger Insult. That's the gist of it. And yes, I do mean directly matching, as in, a black attack tile with two other black tiles.
  • jamesh
    That doesn't sound like the problem I reported in the initial post (which was specific to matching repeaters), and I haven't noticed it myself.  Maybe start a new thread?

The devs will probably want to know exactly who was on your team and on the enemy team, and whether you can reproduce it.  Screenshots before and after your match of a black tile might help too.
  • Kaeyne
    I was under the impression this bug was specifically targeting black special tiles. Will try to reproduce it then.
  • jamesh
    edited September 2017
    Black Panther's repeater is created on a blue tile, so it wasn't definitely wasn't a black tile.

And I'm pretty sure the problem I found was about the type of tile rather than the colour.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey Kaeyne, there seems to be a little bit of confusion regarding this power's functionality. To clarify, are you matching an enemy's Special tile (assume Attack Tile based on your description)? Do you recall who on the enemy team created this special tile?