Magneto fired Magnetized Projectiles with Thano5 purple out [intended]

Options
CrookedKnight
CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
Like the topic says. I thought Infinite Power was supposed to block any board shuffle in addition to destroying or transforming tiles.

[Moderator note: marking as intended behavior. -Dayv]
Tagged:

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Board shuffle works, the other two don't.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, tiles can still be moved. I agree it's not terribly intuitive, but it is at least consistent. Other tile swap powers (Illusions, Magnetic Repulsors, Hair Meddle, Gravity Warp, etc...) can still move tiles around when Infinite Power is out, although any other board-altering effects they have (converting to Charged, stealing, etc...) don't function. 
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As the power states, "no tiles may be destroyed or changed".  It doesn't say anything about moving them.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good to know.  I would consider moving them changing them.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It threw me at first too.  Maybe they could clarify it to say "(tiles may still be moved or matched away)".  It's not wrong without that, it's just not as clear as it could be.

@Tombstone , do you think this is worth passing to the devs?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dayv said:
    As the power states, "no tiles may be destroyed or changed".  It doesn't say anything about moving them.
    Strictly speaking, moving a tile involves changing its location/position. I don't think this is a stretch. The position quality of a tile is, in some respects, more obvious a quality than the ownership quality of that tile.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just have to understand the intention of the word "change". The tile may not be modified from what it is (basic color, enemy/ally special, team up), but where it is remains viable. Clarity in the stipulation would certainly help. Currently, the final statement of the power is "tiles may still be matched away". Likely, that was added so players wouldn't think, "You mean if I have this, the enemy can't match tiles? OP, borken, lol!" It didn't occur to them that moving tiles with a match and moving tiles with an ability would be thought of as completely separate things.