**** Yondu (Awesome Mix Volume 2) ****

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited August 2017 in Character Details

Yondu (Awesome Mix Volume 2) 

4 Star Rarity (Legendary)

At Max Level: HP:  12211    85/65/13/4.5x/12/11/74/43

Yaka Parachute 0 Yellow AP:
(PASSIVE) “Is he cool?” “…Yeah, he’s cool.”  When you make a match-4 or greater, if Yondu is below 20% health, create a 2-turn Yellow Countdown tile that restores 380 health each turn if one does not exist.
  • Level 2: Creates a tile if Yondu is below 30% health.  Restores 528 health each turn.
  • Level 3: Countdown tile lasts 3 turns.
  • Level 4: Creates a tile if Yondu is below 40% health.  Restores 704 health each turn.
  • Level 5: Creates a 4-turn Countdown tile if Yondu is below 50% health.  It restores 918 health each turn.
  • Max Level:
  • Level 3: Creates a 3-turn Yellow Countdown tile if Yondu is below 30% health that restores 1029 health each turn.
  • Level 4: Creates a 3-turn Countdown tile if Yondu is below 40% health.  It restores 1372 health each turn.
  • Level 5: Creates a 4-turn Countdown tile if Yondu is below 50% health.  It restores 1787 health each turn.

Ravagers Ruse 7 Black AP:

A Ravager at heart, Yondu always looks out for his best interest.  Destroys up to 3 AP in the enemy’s highest colored AP pool, then creates a Strike tile of strength 17 for each AP destroyed.

• Level 2: Destroys up to 4 AP.
  • Level 3: Creates Strike tiles of strength 21.
  • Level 4: Destroys up to 5 AP and creates Strike tiles of strength 25.
  • Level 5: Destroys up to 7 AP and creates Strike tiles of strength 28.
  • Max Level:
  • Level 3: Destroys up to 4 AP and creates a Strike tile of strength 39 for each AP destroyed.
  • Level 4: Destroys up to 5 AP and creates Strike tiles of strength 46.
  • Level 5: Destroys up to 7 AP and creates Strike tiles of strength 53.

Centaurian Archery 10 Blue AP:

Yondu starts whistling, sending his Yaka Arrow sailing towards the enemy.  Deals 1186 damage.  This power becomes Yaka Assault.

• Level 2: Deals 1660 damage.
  • Level 3: Deals 2135 damage.
  • Level 4: Deals 3084 damage.
  • Level 5: Deals 4981 damage.
  • Max Level:
  • Level 3: Deals 4156 damage.
  • Level 4: Deals 6003 damage.
  • Level 5: Deals 9698 damage.

Yaka Assault 0 Blue AP:

(PASSIVE) Yondu’s arrow deftly flies across the battlefield, hunting down enemies with ease.  At the start of the turn, deal 195 damage to the enemy with the lowest health.  If Yondu takes 509 damage, this power becomes Centaurian Archery.

• Level 2: Deals 273 damage to the enemy with the least health.
  • Level 3: Deals 351 damage to the enemy with the least health.
  • Level 4: Deals 507 damage to the enemy with the least health.
  • Level 5: Deals 819 damage to the enemy with the least health.
  • Max Level:
  • Level 3: Deals 682 damage to the enemy with the least health, if Yondu takes 992 damage this power reverts to Centaurian Archery.
  • Level 4: Deals 985 damage to the enemy with the least health.
  • Level 5: Deals 1592 damage to the enemy with the least health.

Comments

• himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    For some reasons "If this character needs it" sounds like the "If health is below xxx" of 3*/5* Starlord's yellow power. Hopefully that isn't the case or at least please make it true heal. 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

"Heals character", not "gives a burst of healing"

Interesting, or perhaps misleading.

• DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker

Yellow has an AP cost but reads like a passive, so wonder what happens there. Potentially creates a CD or "Special Tile" which then has the passive functionality?

Cheap abilities as always nice. Yellow/Black/Blue is a colour combo shared with Wasp and has two colours overlap with most of the latest 12 - Carol, Vulture, Iron Fist, Mordo, Cloak & Dagger, Rocket & Groot, Gamora, Coulson (technically only 1 overlap with Grocket, since their Yellow is passive)

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    The kit seems a bit... underwhelming. I hope only the preview does, because, if this is who most of us think it is, there could be some good & unique ability potential. 
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 said:
    The kit seems a bit... underwhelming. I hope only the preview does, because, if this is who most of us think it is, there could be some good & unique ability potential. 
    Well, unless they're wrong, all the AP costs are 7, which is pretty low, so...

Wait for it...

Plays well with Star-Lord! :D

Star-Lord & his daddy sitting in a tr... Blammo! You're dead! 

I'm curious what that black ability power' special tile is and if it make his blue different in any way.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Interestingly, I am missing good blue abilities in my roster for my top 4* characters, so I'm happy to see this.

Now the only question on the black is *how much* damage...
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interestingly, I am missing good blue abilities in my roster for my top 4* characters, so I'm happy to see this.

Now the only question on the black is *how much* damage...
    You mean the Blue?
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Ah I have missed these 'unknown' teaser posts!
    Me too! Nice to have a little heads up and some speculation :)
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    The Maker? He's part of the current storyline in the Ultimates 2 comic, so I could see them adding him

Same colors as Mr Fantastic, heal with yellow, black creates a 'special tile', it could be something similar to Mr Fantastic where he creates some device...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    7 ap powers are pretty cheap, and this character has 3 of them.  As long as they aren't total ****, he/she will have some decent utility, especially if yellow is true healing, and if the special tile is NOT a protect tile.  3 cheap abilities is a good way to ravage the enemy team by spamming special tiles and ap destruction.  c.f. nova.

Fast characters with some utility >>--------------> pretty good in MPQ. 

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Obligatory Rogue guess.
  • KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Based on the clue and timing my guess is Yondu.
  • D4Ni13
    ...3 cheap abilities is a good way to ravage the enemy team by spamming special tiles...

I saw what you did there... :)
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds like another spider friend to me.  Healing and creating special (web) tiles seems to be among their main gimmicks.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Sounds like another spider friend to me.  Healing and creating special (web) tiles seems to be among their main gimmicks.
    "You asked for it, so we're finally giving you a 4* Spider-Man (Amazing). In two weeks, Spider-Man (2099) will join the ranks. Then, based on the popularity of Spiderverse, Captain Spider (Flash Thompson) brings a new pretty much the same take on Spider-Man. It's the Summer of Spiders!... (Hey guys. Did we completely forget Defenders is coming to Netflix?... Okay, I got this) Uh, 5* Kingpin (Kingpin) because you like new villains. Make it a 3/5. It's Christmas!"
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Anyone remember what the most recent clue was?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Whatever you do, don't guess Dazzler."
    You have to expect to be trolled. Hopefully, you can be happy about being trolled.
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    zodiac339 said:
    broll said:
    "You asked for it, so we're finally giving you a 4* Spider-Man (Amazing). In two weeks, Spider-Man (2099) will join the ranks. Then, based on the popularity of Spiderverse, Captain Spider (Flash Thompson) brings a new pretty much the same take on Spider-Man. It's the Summer of Spiders!... (Hey guys. Did we completely forget Defenders is coming to Netflix?... Okay, I got this) Uh, 5* Kingpin (Kingpin) because you like new villains. Make it a 3/5. It's Christmas!"
    I know everyone's gotta be sick of the Spider Friends, but I wouldn't mind Silk showing up eventually >.>