MPQ Sneak Peek: August 2017 Edition *Updated (8/25/17)

Options

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My G4mora sits at nine covers so this will definitely help a lot. And with the cascade of Sentry covers on the horizon for me it should be enough to get another Moon Knight.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    And it's a good thing that boosted list mostly hits during PvP off season. I don't have a single one of those characters champed. It'll suck a little to likely not get the 4* cover at 900 for a few events, but maybe a little break from PvP won't be so bad. 
    Just remember, boosted list doesn't even matter in off-season. While you're going to be nerfed for Yondu PVP, you might be able to hit the 2 off-season events. What hurts more is that your entire week of PVE is going to be (a little) harder with no boosted 4*s, especially if you go SCL8 for the 2 progress Gamora covers.

zodiac339 said:
    EDIT, Part 3, The Final Edit 3D!: Sentry in Made Man placement. Sentry PVP. Sentry in PVE placement. While a lot of people would be very annoyed by this, I actually have this fabulously suicidal madman as my Bonus Hero to get to level 265 before Moon Knight starts appearing in my suppy drop in about a month and a half. I'm satisfied. Now, does this indicate a Prodigal Sun run where Sentry is actually featured? And with my guess from patch notes that we actually have a Boss inbound in 2 weeks, having a 1-week event preceding it sounds about right. (A little sad that the Strange covers come after he stops being boosted.)
    So, let's see. If I get top 50 in TaT, that's 3 Sentry, top 25 in Made Made for 3 Sentry, top 100 alliance for TaT for 1, possibly merc Made Man for 1, Starfall progression for 1, Prodigal Sun progress for 6 (carry the 1, find the co-sin, divide by zero, panic and reset the universe...), Sentry goes to 254. Added bonus, Sentry actually featured in Prodigal Sun. Now to wait a week for confirmation of a Boss event. Prodigal Sun placement doesn't exactly scream "Defenders-themed" event though, so that's a little sad. Wait and see, wait and see.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    That's an excellent boost list. I don't plan on doing SCL8 on all 7 day events (just because of how much of a grind they can be) but a boost week like that makes it an easy choice. 
    There's nothing inherently wrong with the list, just saying it doesn't work for me personally. Coulson is my highest at 4/5/2 Level 229.

Also relieved that Bl4de is the reward. I don't *need* his covers, although champ levels never hurt. But, I don't feel like I need good placement, which is great since we'll be out of town this weekend and I wasn't going to be able to play optimally anyhow. It finally feels like the schedule worked in my favor for once. 
    I apologize @DarthDeVo - I was saying that totally independent of what you posted, wasn't trying to mitigate your point. 
     Ha! No worries, just funny timing I guess. :smile:

zodiac339 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    And it's a good thing that boosted list mostly hits during PvP off season. I don't have a single one of those characters champed. It'll suck a little to likely not get the 4* cover at 900 for a few events, but maybe a little break from PvP won't be so bad. 
    Just remember, boosted list doesn't even matter in off-season. While you're going to be nerfed for Yondu PVP, you might be able to hit the 2 off-season events. What hurts more is that your entire week of PVE is going to be (a little) harder with no boosted 4*s, especially if you go SCL8 for the 2 progress Gamora covers.
    Oh duh, you're right. Good point on off season PvP getting its own boost list.

I'm not really worried about placement for this event, just need those G4mora covers and that, sweet, sweet CP. IRL events meant I wasn't going to be able to play optimally anyhow, so it doesn't bother me that this particular boost list won't benefit me much in PvE. As you mentioned, only real issue will be Yondu PvP.
  • shardwick
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    DarthDeVo said:

zodiac339 said:
    EDIT, Part 3, The Final Edit 3D!: Sentry in Made Man placement. Sentry PVP. Sentry in PVE placement. While a lot of people would be very annoyed by this, I actually have this fabulously suicidal madman as my Bonus Hero to get to level 265 before Moon Knight starts appearing in my suppy drop in about a month and a half. I'm satisfied. Now, does this indicate a Prodigal Sun run where Sentry is actually featured? And with my guess from patch notes that we actually have a Boss inbound in 2 weeks, having a 1-week event preceding it sounds about right. (A little sad that the Strange covers come after he stops being boosted.)
    So, let's see. If I get top 50 in TaT, that's 3 Sentry, top 25 in Made Made for 3 Sentry, top 100 alliance for TaT for 1, possibly merc Made Man for 1, Starfall progression for 1, Prodigal Sun progress for 6 (carry the 1, find the co-sin, divide by zero, panic and reset the universe...), Sentry goes to 254. Added bonus, Sentry actually featured in Prodigal Sun. Now to wait a week for confirmation of a Boss event. Prodigal Sun placement doesn't exactly scream "Defenders-themed" event though, so that's a little sad. Wait and see, wait and see.
    The two 4* covers are also in CL7. Go up to 8 if you want more cp, hp, iso and two extra 3* covers.
  • zodiac339
    Options
    shardwick said:
    zodiac339 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    The two 4* covers are also in CL7. Go up to 8 if you want more cp, hp, iso and two extra 3* covers.
    Ah, been a while since I looked at that chart. Guess that's another failing of refusing to drop to SCL7. Could have sworn 7 got 1 even in a week-long.
  • shardwick
    Options
    It's a bit of a toss-up for me. Easier enemies and a better shot at the top 10 for one or two Blade covers or more resources. Probably just chill in 7. Here it is if anyone wants to check it out again.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Prodigal sun has alot of maggia.  the first 4 subs are all pretty fast and easy.  The last sub is complicated...
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    nom nom nom delicious CP I must eat
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    Wasn't 4* Cyclops PVP progression reward?
    He is for Starfall
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gamora blue and red? My 5/2/5 Gamora is very angry about this
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    mexus said:
    Wasn't 4* Cyclops PVP progression reward?
    He is for Starfall
    He is? I gotta get him somehow.
    Gotta get those 900 points!
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lol i guess they changed it from man to "clan"
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(8/18/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Deadpool's Dailies, and added links to sneak peaks for 5-Star Daredevil and 3-Star Elektra
  • zodiac339
    edited August 2017
    Options
    How odd to see her specific PVP prior to official release. Does this mean she'll be rerun a week-and-a-half later to go along with the usual "1 week after release" pattern?
    Also odd, but relatively appropriate, to rerun a 4-star PVP to kick off the season. It's been roughly a year since his release and Defenders goes on Netflix, so it works.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are either of the off season PVPs going to feature the cumulative wins model?  AKA 40 to the 4star.  (Hopefully not 40.)
  • Brigby
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Are either of the off season PVPs going to feature the cumulative wins model?  AKA 40 to the 4star.  (Hopefully not 40.)
    As of right now, I am unaware of any of the off season versus tournaments to be testing another iteration of the progression reward structure.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    bluewolf said:
    As of right now, I am unaware of any of the off season versus tournaments to be testing another iteration of the progression reward structure.
    OK, thanks for the quick reply!
  • LLohm
    LLohm Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    @Brigby are we having 4* pvp for Ironfist and Cage?

appears to be so
  • Brigby
    Options
    LLohm said:
    Brigby are we having 4* pvp for Ironfist and Cage?

appears to be so
    Looks like you found the answer before I got back to you! :p 
  • Brigby
    Options
    *(8/21/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs