MPQ Sneak Peek: August 2017 Edition *Updated (8/25/17)

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby any info on the types of enemies we'll face in the new event? I'm kind of curious what to expect before I go into it tomorrow.
    Mostly mindless ones, from Strange Sights.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am excited to see a new PvE being made. Question though, will it enter regular rotation? Webbed Wonder took a long time before being introduced as a regular PvE, and it would be great to have more PvE options than simply Dark Avengers Dark Avengers Dark Avengers.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm sorry to say this but this new PVE is the laziest garbage event you people have ever made
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like it. I would request that Strange and Cage be boosted every time it runs, however...
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    granne said:
    I like it. I would request that Strange and Cage be boosted every time it runs, however...
    Psst. If you have Rocket and Groot (4) champed, try them with another GotG and Strange and drop C4ge. Or swap Strange with Medusa. Doesn't really matter if it's Gamora (and Drax is a pretty decent choice, fully complementing Grocket), and Starlord just trades one reactive animation for another, but it's pretty much magic.

EDIT: Now I wait with baited breath for Made Man to be added to PVP Sneak Peek, and Thick as Thieves prizes to be added. @Brigby Your information junkies are getting jitters.

EDIT, Part 2, Edit Harder: And making a comment works its charm. Sneak Peek updated as I post. It's like magic!

EDIT, Part 3, The Final Edit 3D!: Sentry in Made Man placement. Sentry PVP. Sentry in PVE placement. While a lot of people would be very annoyed by this, I actually have this fabulously suicidal madman as my Bonus Hero to get to level 265 before Moon Knight starts appearing in my suppy drop in about a month and a half. I'm satisfied. Now, does this indicate a Prodigal Sun run where Sentry is actually featured? And with my guess from patch notes that we actually have a Boss inbound in 2 weeks, having a 1-week event preceding it sounds about right. (A little sad that the Strange covers come after he stops being boosted.)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(8/11/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events and Story events
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zodiac, yeah I'm running with R4G, 3* Starlord and Strange and they're shredding fools left and right. 
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    oh yeah this is the perfect event to showcase your **** new difficulty update because it's just as lazy as the update and it doesn't take a genius to realize you've done almost nothing but make everything worse like usual. hackfrauds
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Based on the Thick as Thieves prizes, what G4mora cover will we get for progression in next event? Blue?
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Based on the Thick as Thieves prizes, what G4mora cover will we get for progression in next event? Blue?
    Yes.
    All my wishes have come true. I need any colour except red to finish her.

Now, about those two R&G covers I need...
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    granne said:
    Yes.

Now, about those two R&G covers I need...
    I was hoping for red in progression, but I'm just happy black isn't the reward for T5 or T10.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    granne said:
    Yes.
    And I need any colour except blue :(
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(8/15/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Sweet! Week-long event means two covers for G4mora and I should be able to champ her! 

And it's a good thing that boosted list mostly hits during PvP off season. I don't have a single one of those characters champed. It'll suck a little to likely not get the 4* cover at 900 for a few events, but maybe a little break from PvP won't be so bad. 
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    That's an excellent boost list. I don't plan on doing SCL8 on all 7 day events (just because of how much of a grind they can be) but a boost week like that makes it an easy choice. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @Brigby
    With the new SCL, and updated Placement rewards, will there still be better placement rewards for 7 day vs 3&4 day events?  Previously, we have received better (higher) placement amounts of iso and Hero Points from 7 day events, than we do from 3&4 day events.  If rewards are still higher, then an updated 7 day chart for SCL 7 vs 8 would be helpful.  (If the new charts from the 8/3/17 News apply to all events, regardless of length, then confirmation would be helpful as well.  Although disappointing.)  Thank you!
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    That's an excellent boost list. I don't plan on doing SCL8 on all 7 day events (just because of how much of a grind they can be) but a boost week like that makes it an easy choice. 
    There's nothing inherently wrong with the list, just saying it doesn't work for me personally. Coulson is my highest at 4/5/2 Level 229.

Also relieved that Bl4de is the reward. I don't *need* his covers, although champ levels never hurt. But, I don't feel like I need good placement, which is great since we'll be out of town this weekend and I wasn't going to be able to play optimally anyhow. It finally feels like the schedule worked in my favor for once. 
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    There's nothing inherently wrong with the list, just saying it doesn't work for me personally. Coulson is my highest at 4/5/2 Level 229.

Also relieved that Bl4de is the reward. I don't *need* his covers, although champ levels never hurt. But, I don't feel like I need good placement, which is great since we'll be out of town this weekend and I wasn't going to be able to play optimally anyhow. It finally feels like the schedule worked in my favor for once. 
    I apologize @DarthDeVo - I was saying that totally independent of what you posted, wasn't trying to mitigate your point. 
  • Nighthawk81
    Nighthawk81 Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Goddess/IM40 for a run up to 900 for another Yondu blue cover.