MPQ Sneak Peek: August 2017 Edition *Updated (8/25/17)

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby
    I would guess that the random Howard cover that has been previously rewarded in the last sub of Webbed Wonder is still part of the event.  (It was won from the last wave node in prior runs.). Could you check and confirm?  Thanks!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby can you answer if Webbed Wonder will have Howard available?  Will he be given out from a from a PvE node, will he be in the vault?  Both?  Neither?  Inquiring minds want to know!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    If they take away the Howard reward for this event how are we meant to get covers for him in the future 
    @bluewolf said:
    Brigby
    I would guess that the random Howard cover that has been previously rewarded in the last sub of Webbed Wonder is still part of the event.  (It was won from the last wave node in prior runs.). Could you check and confirm?  Thanks!
    @broll said:
    Brigby can you answer if Webbed Wonder will have Howard available?  Will he be given out from a from a PvE node, will he be in the vault?  Both?  Neither?  Inquiring minds want to know!
    Good questions! I'll reach out to the developers to find out that answer right now. I'll update everyone once I receive a reply.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    On the llast run of Webbed Wonder, it was the wave mission, not the battle against Doc Ock that gave the Howard cover.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    a mission with a howard cover and a 5000k doc ock fignt would be awesome.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    So with Webbed Wonder, it looks like they're back to the regular pattern of the 4* progression cover matching the second placement cover of the previous event.  I guess they really didn't want people to get that yellow Mockingbird cover :(
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby please tell me that 4* Rocket is not a typo and it is indeed blue?  :)
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Dont think they are giving away 5 million iso ;)
  • NicholasHewitt
    NicholasHewitt Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    So the progression for Mockingbird PVP will be purple?

The same as the t100 reward, the alliance cover and the PVE progression. Nice work guys.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arix90 said:
    Dont think they are giving away 5 million iso ;)
    I'd still be in ISO debt lol.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    So the progression for Mockingbird PVP will be purple?

The same as the t100 reward, the alliance cover and the PVE progression. Nice work guys.
    This is not an accident.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby can you please find out why the Mockingbird cover in Meet Rocket and Groot progression is Purple (the same as top 100/alliance placement from the prior event)?  Normally for a new character the progression cover is the 2nd cover, not the 3rd.

Thanks!

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Glad Webbed Wonder will run regular, nice opportunity to cover him assuming that they run it at least 3-4 times a year. Don't recall the last time he was a placement reward though, I hope that doesn't mean they will no longer do so. 
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    @turbomoose @broll @bluewolf @BlackWidower
    Good news, everyone! You will still be able to earn a Howard cover from the event :)

@Style55
    That is not a typo! The 4-Star progression reward for Webbed Wonder is in fact the blue cover for Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2)

@huktonfonix
    Sure! I'll relay that question over to the developers, and I'll respond back once I get a reply.
    Thank you for replying @Brigby! Super excited! That means I get to finish my 4*R&G and put those spare green covers in queue to use! Sweeeeeet  :)
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, if the devs really wanted to fix this, they could give everyone who reached that progression the yellow, in addition to the purple already earned...or just give everyone a yellow, if the former is too complex.  

Starting a new character at 0/0/3, when the presumed ideal build is 5/5/3, is not awesome.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Killians8 said:
    @Brigby

That's unfortunately a not so great fix because many of us cannot achieve 4* progression in a PvP event where we could have easily gotten the yellow cover in PvE. My Mockingbird is a lopsided 0/0/3 in purples because of it.
    I agree, and I am disappointed. I've managed a single 4* cover from PVP, during the "wins = progression" test. Surely your data can clearly demonstrate how small the venn diagram overlap of "players who earn 4* covers from PVE progression" and "players who earn 4* covers from PVP progression release events" really is. This is a "make up" for those players only.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Agree here also. I hit progression in pve for the new 4* cover every time with ease. On the other hand, whether or not I hit 900 in pvp is based most entirely on who is boosted for that week. This week I have Riri and Spider Gwen boosted, so it's fairly easy. Next week I will only have medusa boosted, meaning I most certainly won't be hitting 900.

Can you ask the developers about some other more reasonable fix to the cover issue such as adding it as a reward at a lower point total? 400 would seem about equal to the 4* cover placement in pve.